Main Menu

Performance-enhancing drugs in the AFL

Started by Tominator, January 29, 2013, 02:37:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Quote from: Grazz on February 07, 2013, 11:12:38 PM
Footy Classified on tonight, should be interesting.
Can't wait tbh though I expect it won't be on till 9.47 :P

Mat0369

So Purple is going to be on Footy Classified?

Justin Bieber

Can someone tell me what happens on footy classified!

tbagrocks

Quote from: whatlez on February 07, 2013, 11:50:03 PM
Sure, Taylor Walker has been sacked for drugs, you'd better trade him real quick, I hear the Llamas boss is a stupid moron maybe try get a deal there?

Spite

Quote from: Windigo on February 06, 2013, 11:32:38 PM
They are saying it was injected in the stomach? This is common for needles yes?  ???

Diabetics inject in the stomach?

I can confirm that this is normal practice for many drugs. Sorry I didn't add anything to the discussion, I am just in shock at this time.

Ziplock

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 07, 2013, 11:54:46 PM
Quote from: whatlez on February 07, 2013, 11:50:03 PM
Sure, Taylor Walker has been sacked for drugs, you'd better trade him real quick, I hear the Llamas boss is a stupid moron maybe try get a deal there?

I heard all of that as well... I thought they were rumours, but clearly not :o

DazBurg

LOL Tex love your work
footy classified was not really worth watching imo same old crap being said over and over
one thing they pointed out that is true though
even if bombers cleared the best case scenario is still a bad one
i.e the pressure on the club, the players, the miscommunications
oh and the fact they mentioned that it will take months and the playing squad will play round 1 not knowing if they will play round 2 etc etc one week at a time never knowing if your last game etc

Mat0369

Quote from: Spite on February 08, 2013, 12:32:50 AM
I can confirm that this is normal practice for many drugs. Sorry I didn't add anything to the discussion, I am just in shock at this time.

One of my mates is going in for surgery, they injected him in the stomach to prevent clotting since it is his foot and he is not moving around that much. The first I had heard of it but it seems to be common now.

tbagrocks

Looks like the Tex Walker is the best reporter in the country :o

What can the Great Man not do ???

redevilfc

Quote from: McRooster on February 06, 2013, 09:24:13 AM
In a statement from the playing group " it's not our fault, Hirdy was screaming at us to 'get the pill' "  :P

lmfao!!!

redevilfc

apparently the bombers have recruited a new gun midfielder haha :o

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: redevilfc on February 08, 2013, 01:29:49 AM

apparently the bombers have recruited a new gun midfielder haha :o

Is that the guy who has raised hundreds of millions of dollars for the fight against cancer with that charity of his?
He's still a hero to millions.

Looks like we may be getting a few extra members this year!

tbagrocks

We can't discount what the cheat did for cancer sufferers everywhere, that is invaluable

nas

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 08, 2013, 01:08:29 AM
Quote from: Spite on February 08, 2013, 12:32:50 AM

One of my mates is going in for surgery, they injected him in the stomach to prevent clotting since it is his foot and he is not moving around that much. The first I had heard of it but it seems to be common now.

They do that for / eliminate the risk of blood clotting. Main place is the stomach or the top of the leg. Had heaps when had my knee done. The other thing with this is that with thinning the blood after a little while bruising normally occurs where injected.