Main Menu

Performance-enhancing drugs in the AFL

Started by Tominator, January 29, 2013, 02:37:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURRIMAGIC

You just don't put kilos on some players without these "supplements" boys. Look at Heppell. Those in the arena of sports science scratched our heads at a few players last year, not just Bombers either.

GCSkiwi

Quote from: whatlez on February 06, 2013, 06:21:56 PM
Quote from: GCSkiwi on February 06, 2013, 04:19:35 PM
Quote from: meow meow on February 06, 2013, 04:13:22 PM
Kyle Reimers said that they were being administered human growth hormone. If this is true then they are in serious shower.

I can't believe that they would be stupid enough to think they would get away with HGH, and I don't think Reimers would have the first clue so I wouldn't take that too seriously. SARMs would do a similar job, they don't change the levels of growth hormone/testosterone etc but make your body much more responsive to it - so the same naturally produced dose does a flowerton more...
How wouldn't Reimer know? He was in the team! ::)

He was in the team. I was subtley suggesting he wouldn't know the difference between steroids and saline - he knew he was being injected, he wouldn't have a clue what with ;)

LF

I think there is something pretty dodgy going on.
I thought the press conference was pretty vague and the CEO was very cagey and he didn't answer questions properly.
I just hope the players did know nothing about what was going on because it could end up a big mess for the Bombers.
I wouldn't like to see the club go down to a point where it will be hard to come back from.
Hang in there guys the media will always blow stuff like this out of proportion they are bloody vultures.

Barra17

Windigo

They are saying it human growth hormone, a drug that has been banned for 20+ years.

Possible connections to the underworld as it is illegal to buy legally in Aust.

Bombers are in the shower.

Windigo

There not supplements, stated that it's human growth hormone and banned for 20+ years.

It's like the glorified version of protein shakes, only illegal.  :P

Grazz

Peptides really of which HgH is one, not all are illegal like HgH.

Windigo

Bombers had 20+ soft tissue injuries last year. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to link these together surely??  ???

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: Windigo on February 06, 2013, 08:15:35 PM
They are saying it human growth hormone, a drug that has been banned for 20+ years.

Possible connections to the underworld as it is illegal to buy legally in Aust.

Bombers are in the shower.
Who is saying this?

roo boys!

On the roids and still didn't make finals.....not a good sign :P

*I kid, I kid. Hopefully Jobe gets to keep his medal.

My Chumps

Quote from: Ziplock on February 06, 2013, 06:44:02 PM
haha, nah, they have ashby, van unen, gleeson, kommer, gregory and hams! that's 8 players! game on :P
A finals berth on the cards! :P

Like RB said though, in all seriousness, I really hope Jobe gets to retain his medal.

Grazz

Quote from: Windigo on February 06, 2013, 08:24:41 PM
Bombers had 20+ soft tissue injuries last year. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to link these together surely??  ???

I was reading one of the various media reports windi that mentioned a direct link between it and soft tissue injuries.

Ricochet

If a WAFL player gets 2 years complete ban from competitive sport for taking cold and flu tablets... hate to see what the punishment will be on players if the blame is placed on them

upthemaidens

owenbond007

If the players get banned Bombers wont have a team. ASADA will treat each case separately if the players are found to have illegal substances and a single player is banned you have to ban them all.