Main Menu

Performance-enhancing drugs in the AFL

Started by Tominator, January 29, 2013, 02:37:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GCSkiwi

Quote from: meow meow on February 06, 2013, 04:13:22 PM
Kyle Reimers said that they were being administered human growth hormone. If this is true then they are in serious shower.

I can't believe that they would be stupid enough to think they would get away with HGH, and I don't think Reimers would have the first clue so I wouldn't take that too seriously. SARMs would do a similar job, they don't change the levels of growth hormone/testosterone etc but make your body much more responsive to it - so the same naturally produced dose does a flowerton more...

Chelskiman

Quote from: blue on February 06, 2013, 04:17:29 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on February 06, 2013, 04:02:28 PM
all depends on what essendon spins now.

for instance, if some clubs officials take the fall and say they told the players that it was a legal substance they were being injected with, or like some type of antibiotic to stop them getting sick etc. etc. they'll probs be fine.

A fine would be a joke, they should be banished to tassie

Ease up, I'm from Tassie.

Ziplock

yeah, see, banishing people to tassie doesn't stop anything.

nas

Quote from: Ziplock on February 06, 2013, 04:35:31 PM

You gonna use growth hormone on your cranium to get the mop back Zippy?

Chelskiman

ossie85

I've just moved (back) to Tassie, does that count as being banished?

But seriously, I still don't think players will be suspended for club stupidity. Seems like bad karma

Ziplock

Quote from: naste on February 06, 2013, 04:40:21 PM

I dont need to dude, I'm like wolfman. Deadset, it's only been 10 days and my hair's nearly 2cm long :P

gossiboy

As a die-hard dons supporter I'm trying to find some light in the situation, not much there.

Find it pretty funny that ASADA announced that SARMS would be made an illegal substance in June last year, right around the time that Essendon went downhill.

Grazz

Quote from: Ziplock on February 06, 2013, 05:20:03 PM
Quote from: naste on February 06, 2013, 04:40:21 PM

I dont need to dude, I'm like wolfman. Deadset, it's only been 10 days and my hair's nearly 2cm long :P

:o  Two weeks later.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: GCSkiwi on February 06, 2013, 04:19:35 PM
Kyle Reimers said that they were being administered human growth hormone. If this is true then they are in serious shower.

I can't believe that they would be stupid enough to think they would get away with HGH, and I don't think Reimers would have the first clue so I wouldn't take that too seriously. SARMs would do a similar job, they don't change the levels of growth hormone/testosterone etc but make your body much more responsive to it - so the same naturally produced dose does a flowerton more...
How wouldn't Reimer know? He was in the team! ::)

My Chumps

I'll laugh if every player cops bans...

Goddard and Daniher playing by themselves :P

Ziplock

haha, nah, they have ashby, van unen, gleeson, kommer, gregory and hams! that's 8 players! game on :P

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: whatlez on February 06, 2013, 06:21:56 PM

Reimers is just showerty coz he got delisted.

According to McVeigh, they weren't waivers signed by the players, but consent forms that said that they weren't being injected with anything illegal.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-02-06/ex-bomber-mcveigh-slams-drug-allegations/4504638

The media is blowing the entire thing out of proportion to make a few extra sales.

Ziplock

mmm

if they're taking HGH then it's not blowing anything out of proportion...

Grazz

Quote from: coolfugitiv0 on February 06, 2013, 06:46:22 PM
Quote from: whatlez on February 06, 2013, 06:21:56 PM

Reimers is just showerty coz he got delisted.

According to McVeigh, they weren't waivers signed by the players, but consent forms that said that they weren't being injected with anything illegal.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-02-06/ex-bomber-mcveigh-slams-drug-allegations/4504638

The media is blowing the entire thing out of proportion to make a few extra sales.

As the media always do mate, they need a boot up the A**E some of them.