Couple of stats on Dustin Martin

Started by TheAnt, January 28, 2013, 09:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAnt

Quote from: Ringo on January 05, 2013, 07:56:02 PM
Martin averaged 85.5 from Rounds 1 - 12 till Richmonds bye
From Round 14 to 23 Martin Averaged 93.1 take out his 19 for round 23 when he injured his hamstring he averaged 103.7
Thanks to Ringo
I then found these
1st Half Average: 52.05
2nd Half Average:36.5

I think he got a kick in the backside after the Connors incident, being under Williams wing his fitness levels will rise and Tyrone Vickery, Chris Knights, Aaron Edwards mean he has no reasons to spend quarters in the forward line. It seems like a story not too dissimilar to Tom Rockliff. So I say put him in your side.

Presto

As I said for Wright, the same goes for Martin. He is too inconsistent and he too seems that every time he score a 100, he follows up with a Bad game. Take a look at the scores in the period that you mentioned.
From round 14 to the end: 134,88,103,76,125,63,137,19. Even taking out the last 19. it is not enough for me.

tbagrocks

Young players can improve very quickly with a decent pre-season, I expect both players Wright and Dusty to be far more consistant going by how good they have been in their games so far

Presto

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 28, 2013, 10:12:46 PM
Young players can improve very quickly with a decent pre-season, I expect both players Wright and Dusty to be far more consistant going by how good they have been in their games so far

I agree with you, but I am not game to risk it

roti

My Chumps

In my team at the moment. Guidance of Chocko and should be fitter this year. Could be the year he fufills his potential.

Toga

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 28, 2013, 10:12:46 PM

+1. Dusty has had a kick up the arse I think, and chocco will have had an impact on him. Wright has been in and out of my preliminary team, could get a start come round 1, but I'm not absolutely sure. Consistency is a factor that comes about from age and experience I think.

Sabretooth Tigers

Dusty is in, and only goes out if injured.  I think we all got on  him a year early, this could very well be breakout year. Kinda got a bit of a hunch about Ben Jacobs of North as well. Cheers.

quinny88

Cant believe im considering him but its hard not to. Im tossing up between him and Cloke.. 2 players that killed me last season ::)

SydneyRox

Martin fills me with much more confidence than Cloke. Just dont think Cloke will be in my team at any point this year

quinny88

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 30, 2013, 01:35:23 AM
Martin fills me with much more confidence than Cloke. Just dont think Cloke will be in my team at any point this year

Maybe slightly but Cloke did avg 97.7 the season before last and he is about 40k cheaper than Martin

batt

Forward line options are thin so I've definitely considered him.  But I keep hitting the hurdle of "Can I see this player in my round 24 starting 22?"

The answer is no.  I don't think I can rely on him.

edit: broken english

quinny88

Quote from: batt on January 30, 2013, 02:23:31 AM
Forward line options are thin so I've definitely considering him.  But I keep hitting the hurdle of "Can I see this player in my round 24 starting 22?"

The answer is no.  I don't think I can rely on him.

Well if thats how you feel then he's a no from the start.
We all know he can have a big season and avg 100+ but theres no point risking it unless you believe he will avg 100+

quinny88

As a Richmond supporter I watch him closely every week as well as keep up with how he does in pre season etc and honestly, he is looking great. He has lost some puppy fat and looks trim and fit as well as having a great new mentor in Mark Williams at the club to guide him. I think he will have a big year and only has to find the extra 10% to continue on from his big half time scores in the second half of games to be an elite supercoach player and elite footballer in general.
My only decision is weather I think Cloke will represent better value as a player I also think will have a big season

Adamant

Another pre-season under his belt and Dusty will explode.

In my team at the moment and looks like staying there.