Hannebery due for elite?

Started by grange76, January 28, 2013, 03:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cortez

At the moment my breakout contenders are Hannebery, Dave Swallow and Nat Fyfe, tempted to go with all three but dont think ive got tbe guts.

quinny88

Personally, im gonna wait on Hanners until the likes of Goodes, McVeigh, Bolton etc retire in the next season or 2.
Then I think we will really see Haneberry, Jack and Parker thrive to their full potential on a consistent basis

SydneyRox

you will certainly miss the boat on his breakout year then. Bolton only has one more year in him, but Goodes and McVeigh (28 this year) have a good 3 and 4 years in them

quinny88

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 30, 2013, 01:25:17 AM
you will certainly miss the boat on his breakout year then. Bolton only has one more year in him, but Goodes and McVeigh (28 this year) have a good 3 and 4 years in them

Thats alright ill wear that if it happens. Would just like to see the midfield cleared completly out for the younger brigade before jumping on.
You think Goodes has 3-4 years left in him??

SydneyRox

yeah, assuming his body stays as good as it has been. Less time in the midfield, playing out of a fwd pocket, kicking 40 odd a year

quinny88

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 30, 2013, 02:18:02 AM
yeah, assuming his body stays as good as it has been. Less time in the midfield, playing out of a fwd pocket, kicking 40 odd a year

I cant see him playing that much longer. He's 33 and suffered injuries last season. He shouldnt affect the breakout of any young mids anyway as you would think he will move to an inside 50 position for the remainder of his career as you said

kilbluff1985