Hannebery due for elite?

Started by grange76, January 28, 2013, 03:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grange76

Hi All,

Seriously considering putting him in. Priced at high mid but killing it in pre season and in Finals last year. Any chance could be a keeper starting at 439K?
In a good team, will get lots of supply and could easily rack up some big outside numbers from JPK, McV, Bolton, Jack etc. High possies and inside 50's beckon.

Better choice than the cheaper Ball/embley??

Thoughts

Jroo

He's defintley a chance to breakout and become elite.
I wrote a player profile on him a while ago
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,68814.msg913305.html#msg913305
He averaged 109 over the finals series which is a good sign.
His main issue is consistency. Look at his highest and lowest scores:
Highs: 141*, 136, 121, 121, 120, 119, 118*, 104, 103
Lows: 34, 38, 42, 47, 48, 54, 68
*Coming in the finals.

KoopKicka

When Bolton retires Hannebery will go bersek imo.

SydneyRox

Quote from: grange76 on January 28, 2013, 03:31:17 PM
Hi All,

Seriously considering putting him in. Priced at high mid but killing it in pre season and in Finals last year. Any chance could be a keeper starting at 439K?
In a good team, will get lots of supply and could easily rack up some big outside numbers from JPK, McV, Bolton, Jack etc. High possies and inside 50's beckon.

Thoughts

He is certainly going to be more of a keeper than Ball and Embley and should outscore them every week. So if you are keen on the punt I say go for it. He has more than enough talent to take the jump this year, just an awkward price for me.

shorty3264

Dear god delete this haha! keep this on the low down my friend, He will improve his consistency this year, and asthe finals series showed, he will explode this year.

Presto

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 28, 2013, 03:53:38 PM
Hi All,

Thoughts

He is certainly going to be more of a keeper than Ball and Embley and should outscore them every week. So if you are keen on the punt I say go for it. He has more than enough talent to take the jump this year, just an awkward price for me.
I disagree for many reasons.
1) To start I doubt he will outscore them
2) To become a keeper he needs to improve his average by 30 points.
Here is a list of (400k or more) players that increase by 30 or more
Shane Tuck (32points)
Jack Kieren (31)
Patrick Dangerfield (38)
Which proves how difficult it is
3)I dont expect Ball and Embley to be keepers, but they will increase in value more than Hannebery
4) I think that the combo Ball and Embley ($585K) is better than Hannebery and a rookie (555K)

My current mids are:
GAj, Pendle,JPK, Danger, Ball, Embley, Wines, O'Meara, Mitchell, Viney

or

GAj, JPK, Danger, Sam Mitchell, Ball, Embley, Wines, O'Meara, Mitchell, Viney

Capper

Here is my write up on Danhan

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,69645.msg935268.html#msg935268

He is still only 22 and already pumping out some decent scores. With 30 trades this year why not take a punt on him especially as the Swans play GWS and GC the first 2 rounds. Back your gut!!!

At this stage i haven't got Embley or Ball in my SC team as i took them both out and got in a prem and a rookie instead.

shorty3264

Only gotta look at his finals series...
He is the next generation elite player you have to look for in Supercoach, he's a risky pick, but a good one. I don't rate picking Ball or Embley.

Presto

Quote from: shorty3264 on January 28, 2013, 06:01:17 PM
He is the next generation elite player you have to look for in Supercoach, he's a risky pick, but a good one. I don't rate picking Ball or Embley.

Just a question of opinion.
I am looking at his final series and I see a score of 70, the game before that he scored 42. He is too inconsistent.

Capper

Quote from: Presto on January 28, 2013, 07:59:22 PM

I am looking at his final series and I see a score of 70, the game before that he scored 42. He is too inconsistent.
his shoulders are also a worry, he uses a lot of tape every game

shorty3264

Quote from: Presto on January 28, 2013, 07:59:22 PM

70, 118, 141, pretty handy. as far as disposals too he had 27, 33, 29. His 70 was a quiet one. Im not doubting he was inconsistent, but I think his finals series showed what he's capable of and he will take the next step - consistency.
As far as his body. his past three years he's played 21, 24 and 25 games.
I may be a huge fan haha, but I reckon get around him

grange76

Worth a go I reckon. In my team at this stage

Ball will ave 75 to 90 max with no monster scores. Embley may
be in an out plus the odd injury. Cheap players are cheap or a reason

The Berry is every chance to rack up a monster and is a great POD.

I'm on

SydneyRox

Quote from: Presto on January 28, 2013, 05:04:40 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on January 28, 2013, 03:53:38 PM
Hi All,

Thoughts

I disagree for many reasons.
1) To start I doubt he will outscore them
2) To become a keeper he needs to improve his average by 30 points.
Here is a list of (400k or more) players that increase by 30 or more
Shane Tuck (32points)
Jack Kieren (31)
Patrick Dangerfield (38)
Which proves how difficult it is
3)I dont expect Ball and Embley to be keepers, but they will increase in value more than Hannebery
4) I think that the combo Ball and Embley ($585K) is better than Hannebery and a rookie (555K)

My current mids are:
GAj, Pendle,JPK, Danger, Ball, Embley, Wines, O'Meara, Mitchell, Viney

or

GAj, JPK, Danger, Sam Mitchell, Ball, Embley, Wines, O'Meara, Mitchell, Viney

Dangerfield, Jack, Tuck and Hannerbery.

Do you know what they all had in common the year before the breakout year? (assume this year is Hanners)

Inconsistency, but having shown the ability to post a good score. Whether due to injury, form, position etc. The guys you mentioned above all had highly inconsistent years the year before they hit the 100+ avg.

Tuck - 11 Games - High Scores - 133, 124, 114 Low Scores - 35, 51, 54
Dangerfield - 22 Games - High Scores - 147 (NAB), 138, 129 (NAB), 112 Low Scores - 44, 50, 52
Jack - 22 Games - High Scores - 137 (NAB), 120, 109 - Low Scores - 19, 63, 63

By Comparison Hanners looks better.

Hannebery - 25 Games (inc Finals) - High Scores - 141 (GF), 133, 121, 120 Low scores - 34, 38, 43.

Much more likely he is going to change the sub 40, sub 50 games into sub 70, sub 80 games and retain the high scores

Adamant

I'm going with Fyfe over Hanners as my 'breakout' mid.

SydneyRox

Quote from: Adamant on January 29, 2013, 05:06:29 PM
I'm going with Fyfe over Hanners as my 'breakout' mid.

It all comes down to gut feel and preference at some point on who you are going to back to make it, and for the extra $60k you are paying for Fyfe, what you get is a safer option