"Gazza has been on the sidelines a bit of late"

Started by Andrew, January 27, 2013, 10:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Football Factory

Quote from: elephants on March 17, 2013, 02:41:16 PM
Save your energy Footy Factory hahahah
I know ...lol

Its funny cos i think he might go down a bit in average but ill be farked if i will take the risk of not starting Ablett .. if he has a terrible break even ill just sideways him and get him back in ..thats the beauty about 44 trades this year

popedelio

Quote from: Jukes on March 17, 2013, 02:33:20 PM
Quote from: popedelio on March 17, 2013, 02:28:52 PM
Still a lock to average 115 this season imo.

He'll be dropping 9 points if/when he averages 115. That's 14% of his average from last season gone.

Would you be happy having your 100 average player dropping to an 86 average?

The point of locking ablett in is the fact that he is a safe bet to get 115. Compared to cotch, danger and stants, you know that GAJ will deliver. Your not trading him out, so you won't gain/lose any money. He is not meant to be a potential value player like the others, just a bloke to be one of your midfielders at the end of the season.

elephants

Precisely. I expect he's probably 2-3 points overpriced but I don't wanna be the one 200+ points behind the packs because Gary ripped a pair of 150's to open the year!

Worst case scenario he throws up a pair of 80's. Sideways trade.

So we meet again Mr Beams.

addysstuff

RELAX it won't happen. I remember watching him crack the showers when he was rested up forward at Geelong. He will go in as hard as ever. Still get you 120+ most weeks, mark my words!

ronl

Doesn't this happen every year about now?  Everybody's a bit short of cash so they start looking for bargains and where they can cut corners.  It's the time of year when you can talk yourself into just about anything.  The most preposterous move suddenly becomes "inspired thinking", you know, "why didn't I see that earlier, all I have to do is get rid of Ablett, Swan and Pendles (or any combination thereof) and they may as well hand me the winner's cheque right now", and so it goes, on and on and on..... until three weeks later the tune inevitably changes, "WHAT AN IDIOT, WHY DID I EVER DO THAT, NO ABLETT, WHAT A GOOSE, NEVER EVER EVER EVER AGAIN.......!!!!!etc"

elephants

Ricochet

Sorry Jukes but can't wait to see GAJ prove you wrong :p

mmurphy3

Am i fool not having him??

shaker

SydneyRox

Quote from: shaker on March 17, 2013, 08:05:30 PM
Yes
+1

and you wont be able to make fun of jukes either.....

timmyparso

Outside midfielders who get heavily tagged score shower, see Stanton late last season.

Ablett will still be the number one tagged played at GC. Stants will be behind Goddard and Watson in the tagging order this season at the bombers.

He'll be dropping 9 points if/when he averages 115. That's 14% of his average from last season gone.

Just a quick maths check here.

2012 average of 124.7
Jukes predicted average for 2013 is 115.
That is only 7.8% drop, not 14%, we don't want to exagerate just to make a point do we  :P

Sweetness

Quote from: timmyparso on March 18, 2013, 09:57:12 AM
Outside midfielders who get heavily tagged score shower, see Stanton late last season.

Ablett will still be the number one tagged played at GC. Stants will be behind Goddard and Watson in the tagging order this season at the bombers.

Just a quick maths check here.

2012 average of 124.7
Jukes predicted average for 2013 is 115.
That is only 7.8% drop, not 14%, we don't want to exagerate just to make a point do we  :P

Cheer for you. Like my maths  :P

Jukes

SydneyRox