Mitch Robinson gets into a fight at BDO

Started by essendon2, January 27, 2013, 02:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 28, 2013, 02:13:35 AM
Quote from: essendon2 on January 28, 2013, 02:10:30 AM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 28, 2013, 02:08:37 AM
Quote from: Aaron8 on January 28, 2013, 01:59:11 AM
It's a shame that professional footballers can no longer go out and have a good time without becoming targets. Just because they play for a rival club or because someone doesn't like them it doesn't matter, It's there job to play footy and that's what they get payed to do. People seriously need to grow up and let them be!

yeah but they know what they are getting themselves into wouldn't feel sorry for them

going to this thing was asking for trouble
you can't say that... just because you play AFL doesn't mean you can't go and enjoy yourself at a music festival..

yeah it pretty much does

most players would avoid public events like this

@JBs you don't play professional sport

Guessing you arent 18? Players are out on the town every weekend.

tbagrocks

I can't agree with that bluffman, surely a pro sportsman has the right to freely do as they please as we all do? Obviously Robbo was targeted by some moron and is seriously lucky to still have a face

kilbluff1985

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 28, 2013, 02:17:40 AM
I can't agree with that bluffman, surely a pro sportsman has the right to freely do as they please as we all do? Obviously Robbo was targeted by some moron and is seriously lucky to still have a face

no for starters they have sponsors who don't like the people they are sponsoring to have a bad reputation

all i'm saying is i don't feel sorry for them not in this circumstance anyway

Aaron8

Quote from: JROO8 on January 28, 2013, 02:10:12 AM
It's a shame that professional footballers can no longer go out and have a good time without becoming targets. Just because they play for a rival club or because someone doesn't like them it doesn't matter, It's there job to play footy and that's what they get payed to do. People seriously need to grow up and let them be!
Well said Aaron! Completely agree

Cheers mate!

elephants

Not quite following your logic there kb haha... flower, poor Robbo.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 28, 2013, 02:20:09 AM

no for starters they have sponsors who don't like the people they are sponsoring to have a bad reputation

So professional sportsmen are put on earth to entertain and maintain there sponsors integrity? And when there not playing or training they need to sit at home and not live there lives? Sounds plausible.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on January 28, 2013, 02:28:22 AM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 28, 2013, 02:20:09 AM

So professional sportsmen are put on earth to entertain and maintain there sponsors integrity? And when there not playing or training they need to sit at home and not live there lives? Sounds plausible.

considering the amount of money they get paid yes

just because they cant go to big public events like this does not mean they cant have a life just think it was a stupid decision to go to this one

they can still go to concerts etc just get together and get a cooperate box but something like the big day out is just stupid to think nothing would happen

Aaron8

[/quote]

22 actually and i spend most of my w/e's out on the town. My point is why should they be ridiculed and abused everywhere they go? they are just trying to have a good time like everyone else. Let them be FFS!

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Aaron8 on January 28, 2013, 02:34:53 AM

22 actually and i spend most of my w/e's out on the town. My point is why should they be ridiculed and abused everywhere they go? they are just trying to have a good time like everyone else. Let them be FFS!
[/quote]

um that was directed at me not you

JBs-Hawks

Players goto festivals all the time, Robbo was just unlucky. Festivals and concerts are completely diifferent.

Hell Robert Pattinson was in a club in Adelaide on the weekend, should he have just drunk in his hotel room because he is famous and there might of been trouble in public?

kilbluff1985

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on January 28, 2013, 02:37:21 AM
Players goto festivals all the time, Robbo was just unlucky. Festivals and concerts are completely diifferent.

Hell Robert Pattinson was in a club in Adelaide on the weekend, should he have just drunk in his hotel room because he is famous and there might of been trouble in public?

all i'm saying is if they go out drinking in public don't expect sympathy from me if they are hassled

Ziplock

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 28, 2013, 02:13:35 AM
Quote from: essendon2 on January 28, 2013, 02:10:30 AM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 28, 2013, 02:08:37 AM

yeah but they know what they are getting themselves into wouldn't feel sorry for them

going to this thing was asking for trouble
you can't say that... just because you play AFL doesn't mean you can't go and enjoy yourself at a music festival..

yeah it pretty much does

most players would avoid public events like this

@JBs you don't play professional sport
players go out all the time mate, just because they're footballers doesn't mean they're not allowed to live their life like anyone else.

yeah they get paid well- who cares, the elite in most fields get paid well. Their status doesn't mean that it's their fault if some dero flowertard starts a fightwith them.

kilbluff1985

i think theres a big difference between going to a local pub/club and going to this festival

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 28, 2013, 03:04:47 AM
i think theres a big difference between going to a local pub/club and going to this festival

Why have you been to both?

Ziplock

there really isn't.... bdo isn't that bad, I went to it when I was like 17, and the crowd wasnt any worse than you'd find in a standard club. There are pricks everywhere you go... a couple of months ago an 18 year old kid died in sydney, since some drunk flower king hit him from behind without provocation when he was walking to the station from a club.

the only increased danger at festivals like BDO are things like dehydration in the mosh, that would be reaaaaally bad :P