NicNat eyeing off Round 1

Started by hawkers65, January 25, 2013, 09:50:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkers65

In this article Nic Naitanui denies he has osteitis pubis and says he is aiming to play Round 1: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-01-24/i-dont-have-op-naitanui

Great Signs! I think if he plays Round 1 I'll switch Coxy (Fwd) to NicNat (Fwd) with Sandi in the rucks.

Hawks_1976

The gap in his preseason makes him a better upgrade target in my opinion.

Ringo

Agree with Hawks here - will be touch and go for round 1 and with no pre season will be a little off anyway making him a perfect upgrade target by the time he plays 5/6 games.

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: Ringo on January 26, 2013, 03:40:31 PM
Agree with Hawks here - will be touch and go for round 1 and with no pre season will be a little off anyway making him a perfect upgrade target by the time he plays 5/6 games.
Depends if you have a player to upgrade to NicNat.
Unless you have a fair chunk of your salary cap left over, it would have to be a mid pricer - most rookies wouldn't have reached their peak yet.
Unless you want to rid yourself of an under performing premium. (Though with 30 trades, that may be viable).

Once NicNat gets some match fitness, he'll start doing well, so you'd have to pounce during rounds 5/6.

Ringo

That is assuming he starts in Round 1.  I still think this is doubtful.

Adamant

Even if he makes round 1, he will be really underdone. :-\

I'll play it safe with Sandi in the rucks I think. Big Coxy up forward.

Grazz

Quote from: Adamant on January 26, 2013, 04:20:03 PM
Even if he makes round 1, he will be really underdone. :-\

I'll play it safe with Sandi in the rucks I think. Big Coxy up forward.

+1 i'll be following the same path mate and be looking at Nic Nat as an upgrade target, a very nice one.  :)

Peter

Wouldn't you upgrade Luenberger or Goldstein?

ronl

Definately an upgrade target prob between rounds 6-10.  However, if one of my prems falls in a hole I may be tempted to do it sooner depending on how NicNat is traveling.

Grazz

Quote from: Peter on January 26, 2013, 05:10:09 PM
Wouldn't you upgrade Luenberger or Goldstein?

At this stage if Nic Nat can once he is full fit make the top 6 fwd's thats where i'll place him possibly then push Cox into Luey's place with Sandi and upgrade Luey to a Fwd,Mid or Bck.

shorty3264

Yeh, given his pre season, he'd an ideal upgrade target, his pricetag will drop early on.

quinny88

He wont play round 1. It was only a couple of weeks ago there was an article suggesting he could miss up to 8 weeks of the season

Grazz

I doubt he'll miss 8 rounds although who really knows, but going by his comments and other stuff ive read i think he'll more than likely miss a few rounds.

quinny88

Yeah I dont think he will miss 8 either but considering it was suggested that he could then i dont think he is gong to be right for round 1.
Like others have said he will be way underdone even if he does play

Grazz

Quote from: quinny88 on January 27, 2013, 10:11:54 PM
Yeah I dont think he will miss 8 either but considering it was suggested that he could then i dont think he is gong to be right for round 1.
Like others have said he will be way underdone even if he does play

I agree mate, hopefully we will get him a bit cheaper than what he's listed at with a vest or limited game time while they get his fitness up.