Murphy or Redden

Started by melon101, January 24, 2013, 06:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melon101

Who thinks murph, who thinks redden

Windigo

I'm gunna say Redden.  :P

But you won't go wrong with either..Or both.

melon101

If I keep both I have to get rid of pendles

SydneyRox

Quote from: melon101 on January 24, 2013, 06:24:45 PM

Pendles > Murphy > Redden

Windigo

GM

Keep Pendles,go Red -lions have a good start
                               -he loves ethiad
                               -better for you byes
                               -would not think he will get tagged,murphy will.

Adamant

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 24, 2013, 06:26:47 PM

+1

Murph is seriously underpriced, and you just have to look at his start to 2012 (116 avg in first 6 games) to know that he'll smash that. Will be a Top 8 Midfielder by average, and his famous durability means he'll probably be Top 5 by aggregate.

Redden is a very good option as well, I'm 50/50 on him atm. :P

henry

Yeah got Murph as m3/4 (depending how you rate Cotch) but still keeping an eye on Redden. He may be an upgrade target. There's not much between them and Redden could be a good POD.

Jukes

I reckon Redden will average more, but not by much, like 1-2 points. Both are pretty much locks for me in 2013.

T Dog

Actually neither for me at rd 1.. 8)

nrich102

*insert why don't we have both meme*

I'm having both

Hawks_1976

Because this has been posted in a DT thread then I'd say Redden.
He gets the nod because of the number of tackles he lays.

If this were an SC thread, then it becomes Murphy due to his influence on a contest and effective disposal count.

Ricochet

Quote from: Adamant on January 24, 2013, 06:31:21 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on January 24, 2013, 06:26:47 PM

+1

Murph is seriously underpriced, and you just have to look at his start to 2012 (116 avg in first 6 games) to know that he'll smash that. Will be a Top 8 Midfielder by average, and his famous durability means he'll probably be Top 5 by aggregate.

Redden is a very good option as well, I'm 50/50 on him atm. :P
This. Malthouse knows how to get the best our of players and will only have a positive influence on him

Andrew

I've got both in my team currently, but geez a lot of love for Pendlebury around here! Is he such great value priced at 110 when you have other guns like Murphy/Redden valued at 35-45k less? Will he increase or decrease scoring with Ball returning along with the emergence of Beams? I just think he's got the "prime mover" tag in the Collingwood midfield and will get tagged even more this season. Throw in the fact Collingwood play Carlton in Round 2 where last year Carrazzo held him to a 60-odd, and I'll be waiting for him to decrease in price...

ronl

I've got all three in my side at the moment, but now you've got me thinking about Pendles, Andrew. You're right, he's not untaggable as are Ablett and Swan.