Main Menu

Australia Day

Started by fidou, January 24, 2013, 12:07:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

My Chumps

Quote from: Maca24 on January 24, 2013, 12:36:01 AM
You sound like a foreigner. And for that I say "get flowered"
I hate people like this. I really, really do.

Maca24

Quote from: My Chumps on January 25, 2013, 01:07:59 AM
Some people don't have a sense of humour! :P
But why should Australia have to change the name of their national day because people that live here want it to be citizens day. Aren't they Australian as well? Why can't they share nthis holiday as well? Why do they want a name change?

My Chumps

Quote from: Maca24 on January 25, 2013, 01:31:53 AM
Quote from: My Chumps on January 25, 2013, 01:07:59 AM
Some people don't have a sense of humour! :P
But why should Australia have to change the name of their national day because people that live here want it to be citizens day. Aren't they Australian as well? Why can't they share nthis holiday as well? Why do they want a name change?
Why didn't you say that in the first place then? Rather than coming across as a racist twat :P

13Brummy

This thread was disappointing.  I thought everybody would be sharing their Aussie day festivities.

I will be playing the wisest wizard with mates.

Tominator

Going to a party on Australia Day, everybody will probably just spend it doing what Aussies do best, getting pissed  ;)

Ringo

Quote from: 13Brummy on January 25, 2013, 03:12:49 AM
This thread was disappointing.  I thought everybody would be sharing their Aussie day festivities.

I will be playing the wisest wizard with mates.
Site being down for nearly 2 days did not help.

My Outdoor Australia Day plans are now shizzle due to rain

Grazz

Quote from: nostradamus on January 24, 2013, 01:33:05 AM
Quote from: NigeyS on January 24, 2013, 01:29:11 AM
What is this Australia Day you speak of? Citizen's Day ftw.

Who's that guy in your avatar Nige, he looks spastic enough to be a politician :P

Heard of Midnight Oil mate.

Seeing as we didnt have to fight for independence or overthrow a Govt we have Australia Day Fidou, a day where all Aussies regardless of colour or creed can celebrate the lifestyle and freedoms we have in the Great Southern Land we call Australia.
If thats to hard to come to terms with then i pitty you. Gotta say im sick to my backteeth of people trying to change what we have cause they dont like or except it. You know where the door is and your free to bigger off anytime you like. Leave my country and my values the hell alone.

Ziplock

my party's flopped. I think my shaved head scared everyone off :'(

:P

Ziplock

Quote from: Grazz on January 26, 2013, 03:42:42 PM

Who's that guy in your avatar Nige, he looks spastic enough to be a politician :P

Seeing as we didnt have to fight for independence or overthrow a Govt we have Australia Day Fidou, a day where all Aussies regardless of colour or creed can celebrate the lifestyle and freedoms we have in the Great Southern Land we call Australia.
If thats to hard to come to terms with then i pitty you. Gotta say im sick to my backteeth of people trying to change what we have cause they dont like or except it. You know where the door is and your free to bigger off anytime you like. Leave my country and my values the hell alone.

haha.

grazz is already drunk.

and he's gettin' mean.

BE AFRAID!

Grazz

Quote from: Ziplock on January 26, 2013, 03:44:42 PM

haha.

grazz is already drunk.

and he's gettin' mean.

BE AFRAID!

lol nuh only on me third mate. Im just seriously fed up with people wanting to change this and change that. Keep changing everything and what do you have left. Everyone knows what Australia Day is what it represents, if your an Aussie and dont then shame on you. All im saying is leave things alone, you'll never please all the people all the time. 

Ziplock

nah, I know what you mean. 

I saw an article today on the sydney morning herald website talking about whether having the union jack on the flag was outdated.

I dont see a reason to change it, it's part of our history and heritage, so why bother?

Grazz

Quote from: Ziplock on January 26, 2013, 04:01:14 PM
nah, I know what you mean. 

I saw an article today on the sydney morning herald website talking about whether having the union jack on the flag was outdated.

I dont see a reason to change it, it's part of our history and heritage, so why bother?

I agree, im not against the Monarchy in any way, i admire and have a deep respect for the Queen. I would like to see us step from under the wing of England and stand on our own but at the same time see no reason to change the flag where many do think the flag should change also. If we became a Republic im big enough and ugly enough to accept the Union Jack on our flag as it is our history and theres no shame or sillyness attached by keeping it there for me. As you stated earlier the only ones that have a right to dislike it is our Indigenous folk and for that reason alone i would except it being removed. The Southern cross needs to remain in my opinion.

owenbond007

Like +1

Ringo

Agree with comments Grazz - If flag was to change and I have the same sentiments as you for the change the Southern Cross would need to remain especially as it is associated with our cricket team song:   
   Under the Southern Cross I Stand
    A sprig of wattle in my hand,
    A native of my native land,
    Australia you little beauty (replaced "f" word with little)

The current Australian Flag probably has more significant ties to we older Australians whose fore fathers fought under the flag in 2 world wars.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: nostradamus on January 24, 2013, 01:42:18 AM
Quote from: NigeyS on January 24, 2013, 01:36:05 AM

He was a great singer and an even better dancer. 8) I wouldn't call him spastic, I'd probably call him Pete. ::)

Yeah, l actually saw the Oils in concert many years ago when they were at their peak at Kooyong, Peter Garret was amazing, he climbed the scoffolding and was singing while hanging off it at least 30 metres off the ground

I was lucky enough to see him live as a guest speaker about the environment at school when he was first campaigning to get into parliament, jealous? ::)