2010 Average: 59.2
2011 Average: 79.8
2012 Average: 84.1 High - 119 Low - 48

Ranked 3rd at St Kilda for Contested Possessions
Ranked 3rd at St Kilda for Hard Ball Gets
Ranked 2nd at St Kilda for Loose Ball Gets
Ranked 3rd at St Kilda for Inside 50s
Ranked 3rd at St Kilda for Scoring Assists

With Montagna, Hayes and Dal Santo in the twilight of their careers the opportunity exists for Steven to get a bigger slice of the midfield pie. There is no doubting his ability to win the ball but there's still question marks about Jack's behaviour, he was suspending in 2011 as a result of St Kilda's infamous NZ training camp and was in trouble again last year after losing his license for drink driving.

Steven is one of a number of young midfielders who look set to improve their numbers in 2013. St Kilda have a soft early draw and even though he didn't go huge against GC (99, 86) or GWS (76) he does play Sydney and the Crows who he tonned up against last year. He could end up averaging anywhere between 85-100 but you'd be a brave coach to believe he could perform well enough to be a money spinner or low level keeper.

Ricochet

Can definitely see improvement there, just not enough to warrant selection. Even if he went 100 ave, its just not enough. Especially with the underpriced Fyfe, Murphy and Mundy.
Very nice writeup though Mr.Graig

henry

Quote from: Ricochet on January 24, 2013, 01:11:19 PM
Can definitely see improvement there, just not enough to warrant selection. Even if he went 100 ave, its just not enough. Especially with the underpriced Fyfe, Murphy and Mundy.
Very nice writeup though Mr.Graig
Completely agree. I'm going with Embley as M5 who is 150k cheaper and will average similarly. I can see improvement, especially with Goddard leaving and Dal Santo, Montagna and Hayes aren't getting any younger but cannot put him in, and he's pretty expensive for a mid pricer. Nice writeup though :)

Adamant

Nice write up Craig.

Steven will improve once again, but I'd rather take a guy like Fyfe who has the potential to average 105ish and be a good stepping stone to a Beams/Cotchin/Lids.