0 (0%)
1 (20%)
0 (0%)
<6
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

hally25547

TEAM NAME: Hall Of Fame

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, P. Duffield, G. Broughton, J. Thurlow, S. Docherty (S. Colquhoun, D. Terlich)

MID: G. Ablett jnr, S. Pendlebury, B. Stanton, J. Redden, M. Murphy, A. Embley, B. Crouch, J. O'Meara (N. Hrovat, J. Viney)

RUC: A. Sandilands, M. Leuenberger (J. Witts, D. Currie)

FWD: J. Bartel, T. Rockliff, M. Robinson, D. Martin, S. Byrnes, B. Staker (T. Lee, B. Kennedy)

CASH LEFT: $8, 400

I think this is a very well balanced side. I have had to sacrifice a few premiums to lesser ones in order to keep Sandilands in the rucks ahead of Goldstein who is on my never again list. I also needed to raise the funds to have Shannon Byrnes over a forward rookies as there just doesn't seem to be many reliable ones at this stage. Hence, I have gone Duffield over Grimes, Redden over Cotchin and Bartel over Franklin in order to fit these players in. My bye structure is reasonably solid with a 10/8/12 set-up.

So what do you think?

Cheers!

Azzas Dockers

Franklin has a tough start to the year, perhaps look at a upgrading to him between round 5 and 10.

Viv Michie will struggle to get a game, perhaps look at Duffy from Freo or Kennedy from port instead.

The rest of the team looks good, maybe replace Birchall with Duffield which it will save you 100k and allow you to upgrade somewhere else.

nrich102

Nice team Hally.
V. Michie will struggle to get a game, so get Ben Kennedy from Collingwood.

Other than that it looks great.

hally25547

Made a few changes including Franklin and Michie both out. Team is on the first post.

Thoughts?

Windigo

Starting with or without Franklin doesn't bother me. If you have spare cash just get him in if not, don't worry.  ;)

I'd love to see another premium mid. Redden & Murphy are the lower echelon on the premium scale. Reckon a Cotch, Watson wouldn't go astray.  :P

Maybe take a back premium out and inject the cash in the mids, plenty of back rookies this year.

hally25547

Quote from: Windigo on January 23, 2013, 12:02:42 PM
Starting with or without Franklin doesn't bother me. If you have spare cash just get him in if not, don't worry.  ;)

I'd love to see another premium mid. Redden & Murphy are the lower echelon on the premium scale. Reckon a Cotch, Watson wouldn't go astray.  :P

Maybe take a back premium out and inject the cash in the mids, plenty of back rookies this year.

Yea I would love to get Cotchin in but I'm just not a fan of having such a weak backline. IMO I still think Redden and Murphy will average around 105 to 110 and whilst Cotchin or someone like him would probably push that up to 115 I would prefer to have the the security of another solid defender - at least at this stage anyway. My team is constantly changing!

Windigo

If that's the case maybe reconsider Suckling?

Duff or Heppell look better options.

Ricochet

Quote from: hally25547 on January 23, 2013, 12:13:38 PM
Quote from: Windigo on January 23, 2013, 12:02:42 PM

Yea I would love to get Cotchin in but I'm just not a fan of having such a weak backline. IMO I still think Redden and Murphy will average around 105 to 110 and whilst Cotchin or someone like him would probably push that up to 115 I would prefer to have the the security of another solid defender - at least at this stage anyway. My team is constantly changing!
Sorry disagree on Murphy Windigo :) I can see him hitting 110-115 again.
On your team Hally, Suckling is the only one that stands out. A lot of hawks boys have questioned his JS.
Hartlett, Duff, Shaw and Heppell all have the ability to average more than Suckers.

Windigo

Fair enough, tags do worry me on Murphy though.

Ricochet

Quote from: Windigo on January 23, 2013, 12:17:25 PM

This, I agree with haha

Ricochet

Quote from: Windigo on January 23, 2013, 12:23:12 PM
Fair enough, tags do worry me on Murphy though.
Yeh i think the Malthouse factor will develop others in the midfield to help Marc and Judd break through tags

nrich102

Looking better Hally, Suckling is a risky pick and isn't Thomas in a moon boot?

hally25547

Quote from: Ricochet on January 23, 2013, 12:24:08 PM

This, I agree with haha

Yea I have brought in Duffield and gone Thomas to Bartel. Why is everyone jumping on Duffman though?

Ricochet

Quote from: hally25547 on January 23, 2013, 12:34:33 PM

This, I agree with haha

Yea I have brought in Duffield and gone Thomas to Bartel. Why is everyone jumping on Duffman though?
It took a while for Lyon to get the Freo boys working towards his game plan. Duff had a couple of vests and got dropped early on but he worked his ass off and got back into the team. He average around 105 after coming back into the team

hally25547

Quote from: Ricochet on January 23, 2013, 12:43:49 PM
Quote from: hally25547 on January 23, 2013, 12:34:33 PM

This, I agree with haha

It took a while for Lyon to get the Freo boys working towards his game plan. Duff had a couple of vests and got dropped early on but he worked his ass off and got back into the team. He average around 105 after coming back into the team

Now i see haha