What is the fastest way to 22premos.

Started by owenbond007, January 21, 2013, 08:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owenbond007

I currently looking to go no mids - I've got 16 premos (potential) with a few that should be good but might not be top 10 backs/forward (wright, n.roo, duffman)or top 5 ruck (luey, goldy). N.roo is only really there for good points in first few weeks with the view to turn him into a S.J like player r4/5.

My thinking is if you start more mid-pricers you might make a bit of cash quicker but the number of trades to get your complete side will be higher hence could take to long. What do you guys think is a good balance to get there asap?

Justin Bieber

Side trade to all the lowest BE players. Then get on the prems that drop price the most. Like say Ablett drops 100k after 5 weeks. Get on him. Trade your prems for super prems. With 44 trades you just trade and trade.

SydneyRox

Quote from: owenbond007 on January 21, 2013, 08:41:20 PM

My thinking is if you start more mid-pricers you might make a bit of cash quicker but the number of trades to get your complete side will be higher hence could take to long. What do you guys think is a good balance to get there asap?

Not sure how you figure that out? A midpricer who generates some cash along with a good rookie priced player should be two trades to get your premium and next rookie. If you are banking only rookies, then you will need the cash from probably two rooks and then a third maybe not so fat rookie to upgrade. This also means you are left with two more rookies in your team, fine if you get good ones, not so good if you make a bad call.

JBs-Hawks

Fastest way to 22 premos is and always has been. Guns and Rrooks

owenbond007

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 21, 2013, 08:56:53 PM

Not sure how you figure that out? A midpricer who generates some cash along with a good rookie priced player should be two trades to get your premium and next rookie. If you are banking only rookies, then you will need the cash from probably two rooks and then a third maybe not so fat rookie to upgrade. This also means you are left with two more rookies in your team, fine if you get good ones, not so good if you make a bad call.

Yeah i agree there, but rather than having 15/16 premos your probably only going to have 12 premos that means you are going to need to upgrade more players (10 rather than 6) and in all likelihood 2/3 starters are still going to be rookes.

Then there is the instances where your mid-pricers fail to fatten up and in some instances drop (like when there is a injury/mishap/subbing/etc/etc).

So thats why i think it.

Ziplock

yeah, you'll burn so many trades.

OH WAIT

we have unlimited trades!

owenbond007

not sure anyone said anything about burning trades. 

kilbluff1985

watch for players b/e especially rookies even if they are scoring well if they don't look like they will make much more money then downgrade to someone on the bubble

Holz

mid premos are much harder to get in the back an forward rookies. You find that the mid premos also tend not to flucuate as much as the forwards.

I still think the best way is with a balanced guns and rookies team.

For me Im going

for my premos. The back rookies are good this year so taking advantage of them. i will be trading out rookies from round 6 onwards much earlier than usual.

and going for guys just below the premo range who i think will improve e..g Sylvia, Rioli

Football Factory

I think people will get rid of their rooks too quick this year. Even last year with the new team the rooks dried up fast.

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 21, 2013, 08:56:53 PM

+ 1

jimmytigs

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,70541.0.html

I posted along similar lines on this issue,i think this could be the way,depending on whether i started with def/mid/ruc premos or def/ruc/for premos i have 16 or 17 on field in rd 1 if you consider bock & luey as prems.Like others have said rooks & guns the only way to go,this strategy does not allow for mid price spuds who your holding your breath for that they will fire or not break down,the beauty of the def/mid/ruc team is that even though it might take a while to get the final 6 guys your still going to score showerloads,while the other team you only need the 5 & will get them quicker but your early scores may suffer

stew42

In response to the question in the topic, the fastest way to 22 premos is probably to start Rnd 1 with a mix of premos and midpricers, where the midpricers end up being top 10 in their positions  :P

Capper

Got to go prems and rookies, you have to trust mid pricers to do too much. Rookies that score well will make money easily and quickly. Too many rookies and your score will be behind the leaders. Too many prems and you dont have the cash or rookies to upgrade players.

its a fine line.

Im not saying go with no mid priced players but dont go overboard

tbagrocks

Are people forgetting the change? This year you could end up with a barn full of cash stiitng there going to waste by finals, that is inevitable, teams will be full of prems earlier and you will even have time and money for prems on the bench

But the question of how quick is the tougher one as unless you do some simulating it is to hard to tell

sure you could start 15-17 premos  thinking you only need 7 upgrades but, the game has changed

The biggest worry now is not upgrades but how to find the best score especially up to the byes because after that everyone will have full teams

It also seems the best way would be to make the quickest money, this seems like rooks but don't forget the sideways trading of BE's with the other players, a real tactical game ahead of us now

GM

Currently the way i see it we need to look at where we are going to make our money.Obviously the mid rooks look better followed by the def.Yes we will make money with the BE strategy, but this will mostly be about bringing back that premo later.
I usually dont like going with mid pricers, but unless we see a couple of fwd rooks star in the nab,i am seeing myself having a couple in my fwd line.We all want to start well & get our side settled as quick as possible.
So my Strategy will be to start with 3-4 premo def----5-6 premo mids----3 premo fwds with 2-3 mid priced fwds & 1 mid mid pricer.
This should, imo, allow me to start well and upgrade my fwd line quicker with those mid pricers as excellent stepping stones.
I think increases and decreases will be slower, as VS might change, because of the extra trades.So i think it will be harder and take longer to upgrade your ultra premo mids.
Using the right 2-3 cheap mid pricers, imo, will get you there faster and allow you to start well.