NBA Prime Draft ( Currently Active Players )

Started by RiOtChEsS, January 21, 2013, 03:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Not many point guards I would prefer with the ball in his hands during the big moments than this guy. "Mr. Big Shot" is a true pg and would work well with KG + Hill due to his exceptional passing and outside shot.

2004 Finals MVP... Chauncey Billups

Windigo

Jay

Quote from: Holzman on January 29, 2013, 12:53:26 AM
I'm on my phone guys traveling from Perth to Albany so I'm losing reception alot I'm trying to research as I have my info at home so might be a delay in my picking. Apologies if that's the case but not much I can do about it
Check your PM mate :)

Holz

Linsanity pfft I'm picking the real deal here with vinsanity this guy is a best 26ppg in his second year and 28ppg in his 3rd. I have a 6-4 pg so will add a 6-6 sg who swing to sf if need be.

Watch out this guy will dunk on your whole team.

Pg; Kidd
Sg: Carter
Sf:
Pf: Dirk
C:

gossiboy

Amar'e Bosh and Pau were all on my radar. Give me 5 and I'll have my pick.

RiOtChEsS

gossiboy

Already got the best back court in this comp with d-wade and CP3 both of whom are great defenders (chris paul top 10 defense for point guards all-time and d-wade and top 15 for shooting guards all-time) and great on the offensive but what i need now is a great wing defender who can play without the ball in his hand and can step out and knock down the three ball when called upon to maximise the potential of flash and paul.

To fill my small forward position I take a top 3 defending small forward of all time (Lebron just edges him for 2nd and Pippen clearly number 1) the 2003-04 defensive player of the year, capable of completely shutting down anyone at the 1-4 positions in his prime while still averaging 18.3 points, 3.7 assists and 5.3 rebounds a game as well as 2.1 steals.

The player formerly known as Ron Artest, Metta World Peace

PG: Chris Paul (2008-09)
SG: Dwyane Wade (2008-09)
SF: Ron Artest (2003-04)
PF:
C:

Picking Artest means that on the defensive end Artest will be able to guard the more threatening wing relieving the pressure on wade on the defensive end who will be able to guard the less dangerous option while on the offensive end Artest provides a good option (shown by his 24ppg in 2004-05) who can finish at the basket as well as shoot the three ball and can play without the ball in his hands.

My Chumps

Yep - I had Billups equal on my shortlist with Parker for PG's (SAS bias got Parker over the line) and Artest was my next SF. Good picks.

Windigo

Vince & Ronny are excellent selections.  8)

:P

quinny88

quinny88

Sorry just realized Allen is gone, Ill take Griffen instead

gossiboy

Was tossing up between Love and this guy but that makes it easier for me.

Might be a bit early for this guy to go but I can't afford to miss out on him. One of the best defensive centres of all time (top 10) and by far the best active defensive big-man in his prime left available in this draft (DH12 and Duncan both better).

Marcus Camby

In his prime Camby was a shot-blocking machine who was the 2006-07 Defensive player of the year, two-time member of the all defensive first team and two-time selection to the all defensive second team.

In 2005-06 Camby averaged 3.3 blocks, 12.8 points and 11.9 rebounds a game and managed to affect and change many more shots as he patrolled the paint.

Having Camby on D neutralises the offensive firepower any other teams centre brings as he'll be able to more than hold his own against any big man.

gossiboy

Windigo

Good pick with Camby.

Is one of the best defensive anchors.

Holz

Almost took camby at 3 went vince though because of his 28ppg. Was choosing between camby and this guy for pick 4. I wanted a centre but this guy is the better player.

in 05/06 He was the only player in the NBA ranked in the top 20 in points, rebounds, steals, blocks, field goal percentage and minutes

Amazingly he was top 5 in rebounds and steals in  04/05 and 05/06 the last person to do that was the great david robinson 13 years before that.

53% FG, 11.8 Rebounds 2.0 Steals 1.7 Blocks 21.8 Points this guy does everything.

Adds to my Mavs team.   Dirk Carter Kidd (was a mav) and now

Shawn Marion

Team Mavs

PG: Jason Kidd
SG: Vince Carter
SF: Shawn Marion
PF: Dirk Nowitzki
C: