NBA Prime Draft ( Currently Active Players )

Started by RiOtChEsS, January 21, 2013, 03:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My Chumps

Jay

My pick hey. Give me a minute will just do a little write-up

Windigo

Hoping for the luck of the draft with a four leaf cover. Or is it only 3.....? :o

Jay

I doubt this pick will surprise anyone, but in fact it has surprised me! Never thought this bloke would slip to me at 5 but hey I'm not complaining. Get one of the most dominant players in the NBA during his prime - doubt it will win me too many votes due to his badass attitude but I could not pass up one of my favourite players of all-time.

He won the MVP award in 2004 at averages of 24ppg 14rpg 5apg. His defense was outstanding too averaging 2 blocks per game. This is when I consider him at his prime.

Ever since his 2nd season, he has made the all-star team every single time and was named MVP of the game back in 2003. In 2007-2008 he was named defensive player of the year and qualified for the all defensive team first team eight times. He is also a 4-time rebounding champion.

I will take 2008 NBA Champion and without a doubt the most passionate and intense basketballer of all-time... Kevin Garnett

Windigo

Jay

Quote from: Windigo on January 26, 2013, 09:21:21 PM
Haha, I knew it.  8)
couldnt help myself :P but stats dont lie, so it isnt all my bias!

Guy won 130 of 135 possible first place votes for the 2004 MVP count. Thats dominance!

Windigo

Haha, the Franchise was a force back in the day certainly.

Holz

I was thinking of pick a high scoring player to carry the team on offence but instead, im going to go for in my opinion the best PG of this era and easily top 5 of all time. I can find points elsewhere

This guy is a beast in defence standing at 6-4 and making the all star defence team 9 times he should be able to shut down most guards. He is an elite passer and one of the best rebounding point guards.

This is a guy you want to build a team around, defence wins rings and this guy will be a leader in D and will make everyone else look better. Cant shoot as well as Nash but i think he has him beat as an overall player.

JASON KIDD

tbagrocks

Was secretly hoping he'd slip to my second pick, nice one!

Holz

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 26, 2013, 10:27:09 PM
Was secretly hoping he'd slip to my second pick, nice one!

yeah not a shot of that  i thought of going for a scorer now but really i think kidd is the best player not picked. I have gone over a few stats and there are heaps of guys who can sore and rebound. Not that many guys left who are top 5 of all time in their position

gossiboy

Sorry fellas. For some reason my home and mobile phone Internet go through periods where fanfooty just won't load. Pick up in 15

gossiboy

CP3.

The 2008-09 season from Chris Paul was one of the greatest of all time. 22.8 points, 11 assists, 5.5 rebounds and 2.8 steals a game while shooting 50% led to Paul posting a PER (player efficiency rating) of 29.96 which ranks 17th all time and 5th amongst active players (Lebron 3x and *UNDRAFTED* x1 the only active players to beat him) one of the very best point guards of all time.

Holz

Good pick. Happy to see PGs get picked now I don't need one

tbagrocks

I can't say I was expecting three Pg's in the first round :o let's hope it pays off

I am a little supprised on two players still out there

gossiboy

There's about 5 guys I can't choose between for my next pick. Hopefully quinny takes 2 of them to make it easier.