Draft Order in DT draft game?

Started by mdub, January 21, 2013, 02:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdub

How is the order of the draft in your league decided?

GM

Quote from: mdub on January 21, 2013, 02:36:40 PM
How is the order of the draft in your league decided?
In previous years it has been computer generated for the 1st round,then reversed rd2 and so and so.

Justin Bieber

starz

I'm not sure how they are going to do it but they should base it off last seasons ranking and if you didn't play last season than its automated. This would make it even similar to the afl draft and even out the league meaning knowledge is essential.

Holz

Quote from: starz on January 21, 2013, 02:49:17 PM
I'm not sure how they are going to do it but they should base it off last seasons ranking and if you didn't play last season than its automated. This would make it even similar to the afl draft and even out the league meaning knowledge is essential.

disagree with this just because you did well last year doesnt mean should be disadvantaged. Its not like you are keeping the smae squad and only drafting rookies.

SydneyRox

Agree. Cant see them changing it from last year. As GreenMoon has described above

starz

But like in the afl the teams that come last usually don't do that well even if they do get the beg draft picks. I know it's different but people at the top of the leagues are usually better and I think this would even it out. Just an idea though.

mdub

Cheer oh well feb 1 isnt far away anyways

nostradamus

lt'll be the same as last year just like geenmoon said

popedelio

well AFL fantasy is allowing a lot of customization for leagues which are similar to NBA and NFL fantasy leagues. There will be the option to make it a snake draft or a fixed draft per round, and the commissioner of the league can either choose the order of the draft or have it randomized before the draft :)

grange76

Wouldn't it be a severe disadvantage to be late in the first round even if you are earlier in the second round?
Are you better off with pick 1 and 32 or 16&17?

Not sure but would not want to miss out on the top 15 scorers.

picker_man

no one would miss out on top 15 scorer's ;) it can be customised to have 6,8,10 or up to 12 teams

SydneyRox

Quote from: grange76 on January 21, 2013, 03:33:42 PM
Wouldn't it be a severe disadvantage to be late in the first round even if you are earlier in the second round?
Are you better off with pick 1 and 32 or 16&17?

Not sure but would not want to miss out on the top 15 scorers.

I was luck enough to get pick 1 in one of our leagues last year.

Picked GAJ (of course), problem I had at the next pick(24), was watching a lot of good players get taken. I took another mid, Jack i think and then picked up Sandi as the ruck.

For team balance you are probably better off with a mid round pick, but it is a little bit of luck as well. Sometimes other peoples agendas can help/haunt you.

Mr.Craig

When it comes to setting up the draft, there are three options:

OPTION 1: A live draft with all members of the league selecting turn by turn. Set your own time that each coach gets to make their pick â€" ranging from 60 seconds to no limit at all â€" take it in turns at your convenience when each coach makes a pick.

OPTION 2: An auto draft, where teams are automatically selected based on each fan’s preferred pre-draft selections.

OPTION 3: A live single computer draft, where a live draft takes place with each user taking turns to select on the same computer â€" or take it offline and let the commissioner submit each squad’s selections (this is only available in private league options).

The draft itself can be ordered in three different, easy-to-follow ways:

OPTION 1: Snake draft, where the order is reversed each round

OPTION 2: Linear draft, where the order stays the same each round

OPTION 3: Banzai draft, where the order reverses in round two, stays the same in round three, and then continues as per the snake draft

Holz

I would say the best postion would be aounrd 5th or 6th. You should get a guy like boyd/cotchin/beams etc.. and not too late on the second.