Djokovic v. Wawrinka - greatest Aus Open match ever?

Started by Tominator, January 21, 2013, 03:52:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Quote from: whatlez on January 22, 2013, 05:40:03 PM
Isner sucks. He would hold on serve and would lose every game he didn't serve.

Fair enough whatlez, me, personally wouldn't be able to win a game off him. How much would you beat him by in a 5-set match?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: ossie85 on January 22, 2013, 08:00:00 PM
Quote from: whatlez on January 22, 2013, 05:40:03 PM
Isner sucks. He would hold on serve and would lose every game he didn't serve.

Fair enough whatlez, me, personally wouldn't be able to win a game off him. How much would you beat him by in a 5-set match?
Yeah I'm not a professional tennis player, just saying that he holds serve, but cannot break. Therefore, the marathon game.

PowerBug

Is there a problem with having a difficult time breaking serve? The way i see it is he has a better chance of breaking serve than someone does of breaking his serve. He is a top 10 player, and he uses his size and plays the most efficient game style, which happens to be win 3 breakers, just like all other big servers when they play tough opponents.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Sapientia

The thing about the behemoth types is that if they go all out in the return games, eventually it'll come off and they'll break. Therefore, have a greater chance of breaking than they have of being broken against 'good to average' players.

PowerBug

Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Noz

I still reckon last years match was a bit better. Hopefully we can see many many more great matches between these two.

Tominator

BB67th

Ringo

Agree last match was much better than this years.

BB67th

Still these two are developing a great rivalry. 5 set thrillers at last year's AO,  US Open and this year's AO.

I really like Warwrinka's game at the moment. He's taken it to the next level in the past year and I feel he is now a genuine chance to win a grand slam in the next 3 years. Who knows, he might even do it this week. Can't see him beating Berdych though ;)