Ablett, Swan, Pendlebury

Started by masedog333, January 20, 2013, 10:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many of these lads will you start with?

7 (11.1%)
28 (44.4%)
26 (41.3%)
None!
2 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 2

quinny88

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 21, 2013, 04:22:30 PM
Quote from: Presto on January 21, 2013, 04:14:54 PM
Quote from: mpollock on January 21, 2013, 02:57:44 AM
Will probably start 2 but possibly three.

I think Ablett is a must and at least one of Pendles or Swan.  At the moment i am going with Pendles as he is a little cheaper, more consistent and resilient.
This must be the fourth post I have seen that claims that Pendles is either more consistent or more resilient, but last year statistics tell us it is not so. Apart from similar averages (Swan slightly better) they both missed 4 games, they both had 3 games under 100 (again Swan slightly better). Swan seems to have a higher ceiling (175-180), while Pendle has only (155-167)
That is why I plan to go with GAJ and Swan, but I am still in doubt about Pendles
The difference in price is minimal and in my opinion irrelevant.
If instead we are talking about DT, there is no doubts that Swan seems a much better option although the difference in price (120K) makes it a more difficult (or easier) choice.

Pendles had a down year was playing with back problems etc so cant go much by last year

Not to mention a cracked bone in his leg!
You cant go wrong with either of Pendles or Swan but for that slight edge Pendles > Swan in SC

mpollock

Probably the least important question in terms of picking your side ... the majority of people will have at least 2 ... if not they will have a plan in place to end up with all three (unless they are total idiots or injury strikes).

My Chumps

The little master and Pendlebury for me.