Jesse Lonergan, The Forgotten MID Rookie?

Started by Windigo, January 20, 2013, 10:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

Forgive my ignorance if people have already discussed him but....

Been reading up on this bloke recently and from the reports I've read he is a beast.

Priced at $129,700.

12 clubs wanted the young star!

Destroyed the draft camp as well. http://www.examiner.com.au/story/384732/lonergan-stars-in-afl-draft-camp/

"The Suns' top two draftees, Jesse Lonergan and Tim Sumner, have been so impressive that club football operations manager Marcus Ashcroft believes they could make an immediate impact in 2013. "They both played senior footy in their respective state leagues and the way they've trained since they've joined us, we think they could play some senior footy in their first season."

"Perhaps Tasmania’s brightest young prospect in the pool of AFL footy players for this year’s AFL draft. He’s the nephew of Essendon’s Sam and is an elite inside midfielder who is speedy on the outside. He was Tassie’s best player in the Under 18 Championships and in one game looked a fair pace above the rest with 18 touches and six clearances."

Not hearing much talk on him, but surely playing for the Suns he is worth a look in?  ???

Is it a good omen that he is good mate's with one J.Thurlow?  :P

Mr.Craig

You could say the same about the rest of the first round draftees. The NAB may show that a few are must haves, regardless of their inflated pricetags.

Windigo

Yep, I like what I'm reading from him. NAB is where the final decision/s will be made.  ;)

Football Factory

I took him out of my team earlier today lol .. Im trying to work out if he's worth the extra cash being valued at 129k .. the problem with what their saying is, they say he "could play some" straight away. If he plays well in the Nab and named in round 1 everybody should consider him.

Jroo

Surprised more people don't have him. I have him locked into my side, a big bodied midfield who is ready to play at AFL level who will get game time at the Suns and he will make some cash!!!

kilbluff1985

been in and out of my team i just don't really worry about roookies much at this stage but he is a gun

Windigo

Just remember....Last year there was a similar priced rookie that went onto average like over 90+.  :o

I made a thread at the start of the season about him and got shot down, many said he ain't worth the extra coin....

Football Factory

Quote from: Windigo on January 20, 2013, 10:41:58 PM
Just remember....Last year there was a similar priced rookie that went onto average like over 90+.  :o

I made a thread at the start of the season about him and got shot down, many said he ain't worth the extra coin....
I just need to know if he gets a game in their best 22 thats all  .. anyone keen on making a GC best 22 ?

Windigo

Football Factory

mezzoculo

Quote from: Windigo on January 20, 2013, 10:23:22 PM

"The Suns' top two draftees, Jesse Lonergan and Tim Sumner, have been so impressive that club football operations manager Marcus Ashcroft believes they could make an immediate impact in 2013. "They both played senior footy in their respective state leagues and the way they've trained since they've joined us, we think they could play some senior footy in their first season."

Would think that the word on Sumner would be more newsworthy - priced at $102k, dual position (M/F) and in a rubbish team!

Football Factory

2012  round 23 team

Gold Coast Suns
B: Michael Coad, Matthew Warnock, Trent McKenzie
HB: Jeremy Taylor, Daniel Stanley, Jarrod Harbrow
C: Piers Flanagan, Gary Ablett, Taylor Hine
HF: Matt Shaw, Tom Lynch, Brandon Matera
F: Alik Magin, Steven May, Campbell Brown
Foll: Charlie Dixon, Josh Caddy, Harley Bennell
I/C: Maverick Weller, Tom Hickey, Jacob Gillbee, Kyal Horsley
Emg: Hayden Jolly, Josh Toy, Sam Iles

So you have to find spots for

T.Murphy
Bock ?
Broughton
O'Meara
Brennan
Lonergan
Sumner

I think you can fit them all in  Caddy gone + Taylor, Hine, Magin, Flanagan, and Gilbee surely dont make the cut

Mr.Craig

I think Sumner will need a number of games in the NEAFL before being considered.

kilbluff1985

they will just have the usual rotation policy going

Hoggyz_a_legend

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 20, 2013, 11:45:01 PM
2012  round 23 team

Gold Coast Suns
B: Michael Coad, Matthew Warnock, Trent McKenzie
HB: Jeremy Taylor, Daniel Stanley, Jarrod Harbrow
C: Piers Flanagan, Gary Ablett, Taylor Hine
HF: Matt Shaw, Tom Lynch, Brandon Matera
F: Alik Magin, Steven May, Campbell Brown
Foll: Charlie Dixon, Josh Caddy, Harley Bennell
I/C: Maverick Weller, Tom Hickey, Jacob Gillbee, Kyal Horsley
Emg: Hayden Jolly, Josh Toy, Sam Iles

So you have to find spots for

T.Murphy
Bock ?
Broughton
O'Meara
Brennan
Lonergan
Sumner

I think you can fit them all in  Caddy gone + Taylor, Hine, Magin, Flanagan, and Gilbee surely dont make the cut

Plus Hickey gone also.

So technically- the above 6 and Hickey out, and the further above 7 in???

Also Zac Smith not in that team. And didn't Coad get delisted? Might be wrong.