Byrnes + Varcoe + Knights

Started by Football Factory, January 20, 2013, 01:52:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mezzoculo

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 21, 2013, 07:26:38 PM
Won't make to much difference but Chris Knights is 26 not 27 ;) he won't even be 27 when the season finishes
Snap!
;D

Adamant

The DODT article on Byrnes has tempted me even more. I've only got Knights in there at F5, but NAB form will be the decider.

Holz

Quote from: Adamant on January 22, 2013, 03:13:40 PM
The DODT article on Byrnes has tempted me even more. I've only got Knights in there at F5, but NAB form will be the decider.

wasnt considering any mid pricer till than. However if i drop sylvia to bryens than i can go Mundy to Cotchin/Boyd.

So really its Mundy + Sylvia v Cotchin + Byrnes

Bak2Form

i have byrnes as my only mid pricer in the fwd line atm

Adamant

Quote from: Holzman on January 22, 2013, 03:30:59 PM
Quote from: Adamant on January 22, 2013, 03:13:40 PM

wasnt considering any mid pricer till than. However if i drop sylvia to bryens than i can go Mundy to Cotchin/Boyd.

So really its Mundy + Sylvia v Cotchin + Byrnes

I would stick with Mundy and Sylvia, I think they'll outscore Cotchin/Byrnes.

tbagrocks

Honestly should Knights get a good run at it he should out score these guys, unless Varcoe stays fit and hits his staps at Half back, but a fit Chris Knights with confidence from the Richmond coaching staff could be very handy, just need to make sure he's accountable!

owenbond007

Not sure why the krakwhore hasnt even been mentioned, prob outscore all 3.

SydneyRox

I personally cant see myself with Byrnes at all. He would have to come out and monster the NAB. Knights has plenty of upside and was always on the radar, new team, some confidence etc should do him well. Varcoe is the big risk, injury, position and then form. He hasnt been able to string it together yet, but I will consider if he plays into the midfield and across half back in the NAB

essendon2

interesting article on DT Talk today, Byrnes was a part of the Deck and had a predicted average of 86! Also, he averaged 93 in VFL last year, and didn't get less than 18 posies in a game once :) sounds all pretty good to me. He joined Melb's leadership earlier in the week too, which means they want as many games as possible from him, and expect results. I'll watch NAB cup but he's in front of Knights and Varcoe at this minute

Windigo

When you think about 229 K for guaranteed games and a good track record in the VFL (93 DT a game) is even more tempting.  8)

essendon2

Quote from: Windigo on January 23, 2013, 12:12:59 PM
When you think about 229 K for guaranteed games and a good track record in the VFL (93 DT a game) is even more tempting.  8)
Sylvia + Wright + Staker
vs
Byrnes + Knights + Heppell

Adamant

Quote from: essendon2 on January 24, 2013, 09:26:31 PM
Sylvia + Wright + Staker
vs

Sylvia + Wright + Staker for me.

GM

Sylvia + Wright + Staker
vs
E2, What positions will these guys be placed in your lines. eg Sylvia F4

essendon2

Quote from: greenmoon on January 24, 2013, 09:33:07 PM
Sylvia + Wright + Staker
vs
E2, What positions will these guys be placed in your lines. eg Sylvia F4
Wright = F5, Sylvia = F6, Staker = D4
vs
Byrnes = F6, Knights = F5, Heppell = D4

GM

Wright/Sylvia/Staker for me then mate.
Looks like your fwd line is a beauty.
Putting Staker at F6 instead of Sylvia could give cash elsewhere.Your Thoughts?