Staker and Macaffer

Started by hawkers65, January 19, 2013, 04:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Just an update on Staker - No link to article in Sunday Mail found,

News reports today suggest that Staker will be having a pre-cautionary arthroscope on reconstructed knee this week.   May have to exercise caution as I do not like it when they say pre-cautionary in reports.

Benus

Quote from: Ringo on February 10, 2013, 10:27:11 PM

News reports today suggest that Staker will be having a pre-cautionary arthroscope on reconstructed knee this week.   May have to exercise caution as I do not like it when they say pre-cautionary in reports.
Can confirm this - just read it in the Sunday Mail 5 mins ago and was about to post the same thing

PICCOLLO

See what happens in NAB.  Hes gotta play at least one game there for me to pick him.

auscoyote

Quote from: Ringo on February 10, 2013, 10:27:11 PM

WTF can you please keep us all updated in the coming weeks Ringo.(cheers in Adv)
You would think if he is feeling 100% with it and burning up the track that he wouldn't bother with an arthroscope.

Ringo

Latest report was having the scope to do some minor clean up. So hopefully only minor and back reasonably quickly.

strikes91

was on the news tonight, only minor was mentioned

Benus

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-12/another-setback-for-staker

Seems like he's not gonna get a gig until round 2 :S guess all we can do now is watch his recovery closely

Shihan7

Gonna have to stack the forward line now. Hopefully a couple of rookies pop up in NAB.

The_Captain

Will probz start him if he is fit by round 2. Could be useful for the captain loophole. But anything after and will have to hope someone else gets a round 1 gig!

nightwalker_1310au

Relax fellas you sound like its the end of the world. I'm going to keep him as it states minor surgery. So either he will start round one or round two. Remember he is only cheap so worst case scenario he plays a handful of games then that is money in the bank for upgrade.  Best case scenario he plays whole season and scores average 80-85 a game then you keep him. It's so weeks till round one with today's technology and surgery and meds he would be back fully for before we know it. Brisbane would not of picked him up if they did not take his knee prob in first place.

Hagebear

Yeh I will hold onto him. It's on his opposite knee to his recons, so just a minor cleanup now. If he's likely to play rd 2 I'll save a trade and keep him in the pine.

quinny88

Quote from: Hagebear on February 13, 2013, 07:27:41 PM
Yeh I will hold onto him. It's on his opposite knee to his recons, so just a minor cleanup now. If he's likely to play rd 2 I'll save a trade and keep him in the pine.

Round 2 can quickly become round 3, round 4, round 5.. Its happened plenty of times. If he's not named round 1 i wont be picking him

Nige

Quote from: quinny88 on February 13, 2013, 07:32:09 PM

Round 2 can quickly become round 3, round 4, round 5.. Its happened plenty of times. If he's not named round 1 i wont be picking him

This is kinda why I'll probably be looking at other rookies, just in case.

The_Captain

Quote from: NigeyS on February 13, 2013, 07:34:23 PM

This is kinda why I'll probably be looking at other rookies, just in case.

Yeh.. Problem is.. Not too many around in the forward line. The way its looking ill be fielding 6 premo forwards and only 1 or two premo backs at this rate haha

pikla

This. having niggles so close to the season is causing me to re-consider. Also, bucks said that Macaffer has been impressive so I think I am beginning to lean back towards Macaffer at this point if you had to choose from the two