Staker and Macaffer

Started by hawkers65, January 19, 2013, 04:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkers65

Ever since the Fanplanner was out i have locked in both Staker and Macaffer into my fwd line with no hesitation. Today was the first time i have actually looked into their stats and both are pretty impressive. But we do have to go back to 2010 which was both of their last full seasons.

Staker:
In 2010, Staker played every game of the season and averaged 87.6 SuperCoach points per game, which is pretty good for a fwd.  Staker had some very good scores in 2010, and in his last five weeks he had scores of 125, 113, 100, 79 and 126. He also had a nice patch in the middle of the year, with scores of 150, 98, 68, 113 and 108. Although Staker was only averaging under 20 disposals per game, he actually operated at an amazing 76.7% efficiency. He also chipped in with 6.9 contested possessions a game, yet was able to demonstrate his big engine, by spreading well - collecting 16 disposals a game uncontested, whilst spending a massive 91.3% of game time on field. So to be able to have a guy at 128k in your fwd line that has awesome JS and has the ability to score 150! is a big luxury and should be locked in every team!

Macaffer:
He was hitting the scoreboard regularly with at least one goal per game, in each of his 21 starts for the year. Macaffer’s forward pressure saw him have some amazing scores, as he led the way for Collingwood for pressure acts inside forward 50, and also was in the top five at Collingwood for tackles inside 50, with 5.7 tackles per game If that wasn’t enough to get your mind thinking â€" Macaffer on many occasions caused turn overs, resulting in goals (that he would kick) â€" which doubled and sometimes tripled his points for both actions (under the SuperCoach scoring guidelines). Although Macaffer only averaged 15.3 disposals per game, he was a very good points accumulator, and his quality of disposal was again in elite status, with an efficiency of 78.4%. Which saw him average 82.1 SuperCoach points per game. Yes that’s right, 82.1 â€" not bad for a player only averaging 15 odd touches per game. Thats not all, twice in 2010 Brent Macaffer hit the 150 mark, as he averaged 108 SuperCoach points per game between rounds 16-22 with scores of 82, 150, 98, 150, 111, 90 and 83. Lets hope he can break into Collingwoods side! Its believed that Nathan Buckley really wants him in his plans for the up coming years. Macaffer has been a standout on the track, and is in ripping shape, after smashing personal best kicking, running and agility times in this preseason alone. So for the people that say even if he gets into the side he won't be able to collect many disposals, that doesn't matter as he showed he doesn't need the pill in is hands to often to score massive. So again to be able to have a guy at 128k in your fwd line that has the ability to score 150! is a big luxury and should be picked in most teams. Even if he only plays 10-15 games he will give you a very handy price rise.

(All credit goes to the SCpaige for these stats!)

Presto

Both are in my short list of rookies (and rookie priced players)
As usually we will need to wait and see I thet go in the NAB cup and then if they are selected in round 1

ronl

At their prices, if they perform well in the NAB and remain injury free I can't see why both shouldn't be seriously considered by astute coaches.

Adamant

Got both in my side atm, but as always will have to watch NAB form before locking in.

nrich102

I'm not convinced on Macaffer

mpollock

There are not that many other forward rookie options considering most will need 4 rookies to go with their four premium forwards based on the teams i have seen.

So you have Staker and McCaffer ... then Lee, Dick (maybe), Membrey, Mayes (but expensive and probably better in your mids for DPP with the likes of Martin/Bartel etc), Dwyer (if promoted perhaps).

I think there are many more options for rookies in other positions but in the forwards these seem like two obvious choices out of the four that most people will need.

kilbluff1985

Jroo

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 20, 2013, 02:26:48 PM
BOTH IN IF THEY GET NAMED
+ 1, I'm not sure if Maccaffer can make it into the Pies best 22. He has a lot of other forwards to compete with: Blair, Fasolo, Sinclair, Goldsack, Didak, Elliott, Kennedy and Krackouer. I reckon Staker should slot nicely into the Lions backline and have him locked in my team and if Maccaffer is named round 1, I would have to consider him.

nrich102

Quote from: JROO8 on January 20, 2013, 02:44:02 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 20, 2013, 02:26:48 PM
BOTH IN IF THEY GET NAMED
+ 1, I'm not sure if Maccaffer can make it into the Pies best 22. He has a lot of other forwards to compete with: Blair, Fasolo, Sinclair, Goldsack, Didak, Elliott, Kennedy and Krackouer. I reckon Staker should slot nicely into the Lions backline and have him locked in my team and if Maccaffer is named round 1, I would have to consider him.
Staker should slot in somewhere. I think the forward line over the back line

mpollock

Staker should be a lock if he gets through the NAB ok ...

He is rookie priced with job security ... only needs to play 6 or 7 games and average 50ish to make you money.

Sabretooth Tigers

Nice write up Hawkers. I have Staker in def and and Macaffer up forward. Unless something untoward happens that's where they'll stay. Cheers.

Footyrulz

Staker is a lock, but I don't think macaffer will actually play. Both players stats are pretty good though.

SydneyRox

NAB will show us where these guys are at. But think Staker should make the Brisbane team, McCaffer has a lot more of a battle to find a consistent spot.

Capper

I can see Staker getting a game R1 but like others have said, Macaffer will need to prove that he is over the injury and can compete with the likes of Elliot, Didak. i can only see 2 of those 3 playing every week which is good knowing what Didak is like.

meow meow

Macaffer is in Collingwood's best 18, not their best 22. None of their other forwards apply pressure like he does. Goldsack chases well, as do Sinclair and Elliott but none of them have the physicality of Macaffer. He smashes players and lays good blocks. The others just run around like headless chooks. Collingwood missed him so much in 2012 and he will be in ahead of all the mentioned players and Didak, Fasolo and possibly even Krakouer. He's not all just brutal football, he can take a good contested mark which is SC gold when inside F50.

Premiership players don't grow on trees.