Adelaide's midfield v Richmond's midfield

Started by Jroo, January 18, 2013, 07:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

Who has the better midfield? Tbag (as always) reckons the Crows midfield has more depth than Richmond's. What are your thoughts
Adelaide
Full-Timers- Danger, Thompson, Sloane, Vince, Douglas, VB, Wright, Mackay
Part-Timers - Smith, Jaensch, Martin, Porplyzia, Petrenko, Reilly Henderson, Otten,
Young Guys- Kerridge, Crouch, Grigg, Joyce, Ellis-Yolmen, Lyons, Riley
Vs
Richmond
Full-Timers - Cotchin, Conca, Deledio, Foley, Grigg, Martin, Tuck, Lonergan, Jackson
Part - Timers - Edwards, Ellis, Houli, Knights, Newman
Young Guys - Arnot, Helbig, Vlastuin

JBs-Hawks

Id say they are pretty even, with the differences between them being Jacobs is gonna feed them more ball than Maric and the crows defence is slightly stronger.

SydneyRox

I give it to Adelaide, just. I just think about the matchups vs us and think there is more to worry about playing Adelaide. They are stronger inside but still have plenty of run, even if I think Richmond have the better outside players.

Sapientia

As a Crows fan I'd still prefer Richmonds. Cotch, Lids & Tuck are just a more complete package than Danger, Thommo and Sloane - and while I reckon two of our lads have more upside - currently? Nope.

Foley/Grigg/Martin against Vince/MacKay/Douglas is really where Richmond pull away though.

Still prefer our list in the other positions, mind you.

tbagrocks

VB really stepped up last year as did Matty Wright, both are ahead of Vince, Dmac and Douchy

If you're going to compare the 4-6 spots then those two first with a rejuvenated Bernie Vince really hit his straps late in the year

If you didn't see or appreciate what VB, Vince and Wright did especially in the second half of the year when Thommo and Sloane got tired then you weren't paying attention

Btw Brodie Smith will pounce into that top 5 for Adelaide this year ;) he really stepped up late and starred in finals and Dmac is all class

Our kids are a better bunch as well

Stop kidding yourselfs about the Richmond midfield ;D Sure it's a strong line up but does not have the depth of Adelaide

Don't believe me ??? Just watch Wright, Smith and Crouch this year and also what VB does, and if Mitch Grigg or Sammy Kerridge get a run watch what they do, they're all class

nrich102

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 19, 2013, 08:51:44 AM
VB really stepped up last year as did Matty Wright, both are ahead of Vince, Dmac and Douchy

If you're going to compare the 4-6 spots then those two first with a rejuvenated Bernie Vince really hit his straps late in the year

If you didn't see or appreciate what VB, Vince and Wright did especially in the second half of the year when Thommo and Sloane got tired then you weren't paying attention

Btw Brodie Smith will pounce into that top 5 for Adelaide this year ;) he really stepped up late and starred in finals and Dmac is all class

Our kids are a better bunch as well

Stop kidding yourselfs about the Richmond midfield ;D Sure it's a strong line up but does not have the depth of Adelaide

Don't believe me ??? Just watch Wright, Smith and Crouch this year and also what VB does, and if Mitch Grigg or Sammy Kerridge get a run watch what they do, they're all class

Good to see an unbiased Crow support Sapientia. Heres the most blinded biased supporter on the forums.

So what crouch, kerridge and grigg are all going to step straight in and be guns tbag? your an idiot. grigg couldnt even get a SANFL game last year what makes you think he is AFL ready.

lachie_001

Richmond have some quality midfielders no doubt but Adelaide's depth is stronger. So I think Adelaide's midfield is stronger and that's pretty much proven seeing where the crows finished last year and where Richmond finished.

kilbluff1985

Football Factory

I cant pick one ... lol

Maybe Richmond because id pick Cotchin and Deledio over Danger and Thompson

CrowsFan

Here's a fact for you. Champion data rates Adelaide's midfield/rucks as 4th best in the competition. Richmond's is ranked 6th!

Scientific proof (or the closest you can get for sport) that Adelaide's midfield is better :)

The teams ahead of the Crows and Tigers are:

1st - Collingwood
2nd - Sydney
3rd - Carlton
4th - Adelaide
5th - Fremantle
6th - Richmond

tbagrocks

Wow I am supprised Sydney is second, also i'd have West Coast higher, surely Geelong is still up there? Some old champs, Selwood and some young up and comers

CrowsFan

Full list for midfield/rucks goes like this:

1st - Collingwood
2nd - Sydney
3rd - Carlton
4th - Adelaide
5th - Fremantle
6th - Richmond
7th - West Coast
8th - Geelong
9th - Hawthorn
10th - Essendon
11th - North Melbourne
12th - Port Adelaide
13th - St Kilda
14th - Brisbane
15th - Western Bulldogs
16th - Melbourne
17th - Gold Coast
18th - GWS

For overall list quality however Hawthorn is 1st and West Coast 2nd even though they are 9th and 7th respectively for midfield strength!

kilbluff1985

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 19, 2013, 08:42:57 PM
Wow I am supprised Sydney is second, also i'd have West Coast higher, surely Geelong is still up there? Some old champs, Selwood and some young up and comers

the list is done on stats not players

T Dog

Quote from: CrowsFan on January 19, 2013, 09:06:13 PM

For overall list quality however Hawthorn is 1st and West Coast 2nd even though they are 9th and 7th respectively for midfield strength!

rather Swan. Pendles. Beams. Ball over 4 Hawks in mids