85-89
80-84
75-79
70-74
Below 70

Football Factory

Quote from: RidleyU on January 20, 2013, 09:37:27 PM
Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on January 20, 2013, 09:05:09 PM
I've noticed that this article has not mentioned anything about the exit of McIntosh from the North side. But he is right that he relies more on hitouts than other ruckmen. Additionally someone like Sandilands can dominate him in the ruck and greatly reduce his influence upon the result.

I still expect him to get his shower together for this year and average at least 90

The reason I never mentioned HMac leaving was because the Roos elevated Daw and then recruited Currie. They also have Petrie playing up forward. I think that the thought process of picking him because of HMac leaving is flawed.
Ahh they're going to leave Goldy in the reserves and play Daw and Currie with Petrie pinch hitting in the ruck .. didnt think of that  :D

Jukes

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 20, 2013, 11:03:16 PM
I've noticed that this article has not mentioned anything about the exit of McIntosh from the North side. But he is right that he relies more on hitouts than other ruckmen. Additionally someone like Sandilands can dominate him in the ruck and greatly reduce his influence upon the result.

I still expect him to get his shower together for this year and average at least 90

The reason I never mentioned HMac leaving was because the Roos elevated Daw and then recruited Currie. They also have Petrie playing up forward. I think that the thought process of picking him because of HMac leaving is flawed.
Ahh their going to leave Goldy in the reserves and play Daw and Currie with Petrie pinch hitting in the ruck .. didnt think of that  :D

haha +1

except for they're*

Football Factory

Quote from: Jukes on January 20, 2013, 11:03:55 PM
Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 20, 2013, 11:03:16 PM

Ahh they're going to leave Goldy in the reserves and play Daw and Currie with Petrie pinch hitting in the ruck .. didnt think of that  :D

haha +1

except for they're*
oops thanks buddy

Kellogscrunchynut

I see where you're coming from and yes it is not a reason to pick him, however it will mean that he will have different ruckman to cooperate with. It just leaves more questions for the pre season to be answered.

RidleyU

I think that North like the idea of mobile ruckmen hence Daw being elevated and Currie being recruited as their playing second ruck. One of Tarrant or Hansen would simply move back to defence. I also think that they want to play Petrie as a permanent full forward. People seem to believe that HMac leaving means North don't have any other options which is totally incorrect.

I think we will see Daw and Currie get a lot of game time during the NAB. The one who plays the best will prob become best 21 for the start of the season. They will also prob become prime suspect for the red vest. Time will tell.

Kellogscrunchynut

Can't wait to see if Daw can add his flair to the AFL I would have thought that they would have blooded him into the side last season at least once. However When he gets his chance he will have to deal with the media coverage, but I will assume that the club has already given him lessons to deal with them. Finally I hope that he provides a good role model to all of the Sudanese youths who look up to him.

Goldstein should be the leader of the infield ruck duties with Petrie staying down forward with Currie and Daw fighting for the other spot.

jabroni

this part of the article has put me off goldy

QuoteAnd then after all this, we are reminded that next season the AFL have introduced a new rule, saying the ruckmen can’t make contact until after the ball have left the umpires hand. Awesome if your ruckmen have a big spring-loaded jump, or quick around the ball. Now, I don’t know if you’ve ever seen a Goldstein ruck contest, but the boy loves a wrestle, with feet planted firmly on the ground. With 35% of his points coming from hit-outs, you would want to feel confident that Todd has either found a new athleticism in the off-season, or that the rule won’t affect his scoring.

Andrew

Quote from: jabroni on January 22, 2013, 02:05:03 AM
this part of the article has put me off goldy

QuoteAnd then after all this, we are reminded that next season the AFL have introduced a new rule, saying the ruckmen can’t make contact until after the ball have left the umpires hand. Awesome if your ruckmen have a big spring-loaded jump, or quick around the ball. Now, I don’t know if you’ve ever seen a Goldstein ruck contest, but the boy loves a wrestle, with feet planted firmly on the ground. With 35% of his points coming from hit-outs, you would want to feel confident that Todd has either found a new athleticism in the off-season, or that the rule won’t affect his scoring.

+1

Jukes

That just means he'll stand like a metre away from the other player and when the ump bounces it he'll start wrastling with him (south park reference if you don't get the misspell).

jabroni

i dunno hey seems like it could be a source of a lot of FKA

Bak2Form

i have goldy and luey, if goldstein sucks ill just bring in cox from my fwd line

Grazz

Quote from: Jukes on January 22, 2013, 03:22:24 PM
That just means he'll stand like a metre away from the other player and when the ump bounces it he'll start wrastling with him (south park reference if you don't get the misspell).

Tend to agree Jukes i really cant see the rule affecting to many ruckmen to adversely. They will still have a second or two once the umps bounces it or throws it up to make contact with their opponent.

POK252

Hmmm I'm seriously considering three prem ruckmen - Sandi, Goldy & Cox in FWD line.
Then if Berger comes out in the first two weeks and dominates i'll trade Sandi/Goldy to him. I just cant see Berger coming out and scoring 80+ early on in the season. Might take 5-6 rounds for his avg and price to increase.

elephants

Quote from: POK252 on January 24, 2013, 07:27:45 PM
Hmmm I'm seriously considering three prem ruckmen - Sandi, Goldy & Cox in FWD line.
Then if Berger comes out in the first two weeks and dominates i'll trade Sandi/Goldy to him. I just cant see Berger coming out and scoring 80+ early on in the season. Might take 5-6 rounds for his avg and price to increase.

This... Or alternatively, there is a forward mid-pricer/rookie that is slaying it so you shoot Coxy up to the rucks (giving you the lovely SandiCox combo) and drop Goldy to this bolter.

I like.

Mr.Craig

Quote from: POK252 on January 24, 2013, 07:27:45 PM
I just cant see Berger coming out and scoring 80+ early on in the season. Might take 5-6 rounds for his avg and price to increase.

I'd agree that he's probably not going to return and starting killing immediately. However, he's priced at 46 so even some modest scores in the first three rounds will see him rise in value.