95-99
90-94
85-89
80-84
75-79
70-74
Below 70

Justin Bieber

Ridley, what about Trent McKenzie as a backline mid pricer?

RidleyU

Quote from: whatlez on January 19, 2013, 02:56:46 PM

I believe he is injured so pass.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: RidleyU on January 19, 2013, 02:59:09 PM
Quote from: whatlez on January 19, 2013, 02:56:46 PM

I believe he is injured so pass.
Actually I just realised he's too overpriced...

essendon2

Quote from: RidleyU on January 19, 2013, 02:53:12 PM
Quote from: greenmoon on January 19, 2013, 02:44:21 PM
Quote from: RidleyU on January 19, 2013, 02:35:22 PM
Quote from: Holzman on January 19, 2013, 02:27:16 PM
The fast movement style of the roos however is the first real argument I have heard that actually makes me think about not picking him. I'm expecting a few sub 80 scores no doubt but he can pump out the 120+ score to compensate

I did mention the change of game style in the article lol
With the new structure 6-8-2-6 and weekly trades Rids,your thoughts on mid prices and starting with only 3 back premos.

My thoughts on mid pricers:
Be careful how you decide on them. Don't just compare mid pricer to mid pricer in price tag. I will use an example below:

Moloney MID ($309,000) v Atley DEF ($311,000)

If this was a simple case of Moloney v Atley then it is a no-brainer. Moloney should average 85. Atley 75. But depending on who you chose will mean a rookie to be played on field. So the real question needs to be Moloney + back rookie v Atley + mid rookie. A lot of people get confused about this. It should always come down to the quality of rookies on your field when selecting players ;-)

3 premo backs is a very interesting proposition for 2013. There seems to be plenty of cheap back options in 2013. Pittard, Stevenson and Heath should all have decent JS at Port. Staker, Mitch Brown, Terlich if fit should also play regular games. Then we have the Vlastuin, Docherty types who we will need to monitor over the NAB.

I found the most interesting stat the other week. There are 16 listed backs for DT 2013 that averaged over 80 in 2012. There are 29 listed forwards who averaged 80+. It appears that the backs is where to take the risk in 2013. Hope this makes sense lol
+1
This is why we need to get the DEF rooks right, especially since there are hardly any FWD rooks this year!

RidleyU

OK. Time for me to go do constructive things haha!

Installment 4 is now up on afldreamers.com if anyone is interested. Feel free to jump on the comments there and rip me a new one! Any discussion on DT is good discussion imo!!!

Have fun!

GM

Quote from: whatlez on January 19, 2013, 02:46:38 PM
I'm on Goldy train :)

I hope people don't pick him and pick old fossils like Cox and Sandilands,
Dont forget Boydy mate ;D

owenbond007

Im not a massive fan of 3 back premos, as this leaves you short across the back, either playing 3 or 2 rookies(might have a mid-pricer in there). The problem arises when one of your rookies goes down/or rested and your forced to filled your 3rd or 4th choice rookie. Plus it becomes a bit of a juggling act trying to predict who will be vest (ie last season I had the dilemma of who to field Ellis vs Morris last season, and i prob got it wrong more times than right). By minimizing these types or dilemmas I think puts you in a better position than having the stress of who to field.

Quote from: RidleyU on January 19, 2013, 02:53:12 PM

My thoughts on mid pricers:
Be careful how you decide on them. Don't just compare mid pricer to mid pricer in price tag. I will use an example below:

Moloney MID ($309,000) v Atley DEF ($311,000)

If this was a simple case of Moloney v Atley then it is a no-brainer. Moloney should average 85. Atley 75. But depending on who you chose will mean a rookie to be played on field. So the real question needs to be Moloney + back rookie v Atley + mid rookie. A lot of people get confused about this. It should always come down to the quality of rookies on your field when selecting players ;-)

Love this analogy and agree 100%.

mpollock

"All i say is this if you dont have goldy in your team you better have sandilands"

Really?  There are other options ...

I am going Jacobs and Luey personally, and then will have Rowe as a r/f emergency to work with Cox and possibly Ryder in my forward lines.

Holz

Quote from: mpollock on January 20, 2013, 12:26:00 AM
"All i say is this if you dont have goldy in your team you better have sandilands"

Really?  There are other options ...

I am going Jacobs and Luey personally, and then will have Rowe as a r/f emergency to work with Cox and possibly Ryder in my forward lines.

I just like all my players to be undervalued (except swan and ablett), Jacobs is good but will he go up much in average?

tbagrocks

owenbond007

Ideally we all want are players to go up but generally there will be a few that get injured subbed bad day out. Sometimes finding a middle and consistency is better to have with less fluctuation when picking premos than the massive highs followed up by the big lows. 

Holz

Quote from: owenbond007 on January 20, 2013, 02:46:47 AM
Ideally we all want are players to go up but generally there will be a few that get injured subbed bad day out. Sometimes finding a middle and consistency is better to have with less fluctuation when picking premos than the massive highs followed up by the big lows.

all depedns if you go for league or overall. for me its all about what they average (that may differ slightly now with lots of trades)

140 one week and 60 the next is a 100 average so thats what i care about

henry

Quote from: RidleyU on January 19, 2013, 01:27:27 PM
Quote from: henry on January 18, 2013, 09:59:14 PM
Was fortunate not to have him last year, and in fact his 20 odd in the prelim for my opponent got me to the granny lol, so his reward is to play for me this year. I reckon he'll average 90-94, you have to remember hmac was playing alongside him for the first few rounds which hurt his numbers and peterson has gone too, who can pinch hit in the ruck. Lock and load for me.

This comment I find interesting. Goldy single handedly won you a prelim because you didn't have him yet you will lock and load for 2013! I wonder what your comments were about Goldy when you were watching the actual game. I bet they weren't along the lines of.... "wow, Goldy spudding it up big time today suits me very nicely as I will get him cheaper when 2013 starts!"
Yeah probably something like that haha. However with McIntosh out and his 2011 average I find him good value for his price. I learnt a while ago not picking players on the back of one bad game doesn't take you very far. With ectra trades this year we can take a couple nore risks and this is one I'm comfortable with.

Kellogscrunchynut

I've noticed that this article has not mentioned anything about the exit of McIntosh from the North side. But he is right that he relies more on hitouts than other ruckmen. Additionally someone like Sandilands can dominate him in the ruck and greatly reduce his influence upon the result.

I still expect him to get his shower together for this year and average at least 90

RidleyU

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on January 20, 2013, 09:05:09 PM
I've noticed that this article has not mentioned anything about the exit of McIntosh from the North side. But he is right that he relies more on hitouts than other ruckmen. Additionally someone like Sandilands can dominate him in the ruck and greatly reduce his influence upon the result.

I still expect him to get his shower together for this year and average at least 90

The reason I never mentioned HMac leaving was because the Roos elevated Daw and then recruited Currie. They also have Petrie playing up forward. I think that the thought process of picking him because of HMac leaving is flawed.