95-99
90-94
85-89
80-84
75-79
70-74
Below 70

RidleyU

I love the fact that my article has people chatting about it. Negative and positive feedback is always welcome! Feel free to jump on the actual article and comment. No need to do so on a different forum.

What I will explain first is the fact that the Never Again list is meant to look at the numbers of 2012 compared to years gone by. It is also no secret that Goldy burnt a lot of people (myself included) in 2013. I researched this for many hours. The actual article took over 3 hours to create. I didn't mention him being sick or copping a head clash as if you take the field, that is the DT score you get.

Goldy burnt me big time in 2012. He was the main reason that I was knocked out of all my finals. Of course I wont be writing an article talking him up after this. All articles that get created are the view of the author. There is wrong or right. If you don't agree with the sentiments then so be it. I have also created a Dusty Martin and a Colin Sylvia article for the Never Again list. Installment 4 will be up shortly.

Loving the feedback. Stay classy!

RidleyU

Quote from: greenmoon on January 19, 2013, 01:35:11 PM
Quote from: RidleyU on January 19, 2013, 01:24:04 PM
Quote from: Jukes on January 18, 2013, 08:07:02 PM
Ridsy is a legend but that article is all biased opinion. That's like me writing something about which eagles players will do good in 2013.

Goldy will average at least 95.

Interesting thoughts Jukesy. I am assuming that the article on Stanton was very unbiased by yourself haha!
Welcome aboard Rids,Goldy could come out and make us eat our words.But after last year im going with
the proven and tested.

Hey mate. I have been a long time reader of the forums here but with my other commitments haven't actually joined till now.

I will be starting with the Cox/Sandi combination in 2013. Sandi running around injury free for now and with NikNat having a little late start to 2013, I am hoping that it will give me a jump on the competition. As you said earlier, proven

RidleyU

Quote from: owenbond007 on January 19, 2013, 12:42:16 PM
was meant to say 301K was pretty drunk and made a typo was refering to Rids Never Again List article on Goldy.

"Goldy is poo! He may be seen to represent value at $401,000 but I wouldn’t select him at $301,000. His mobility around the ground is laughable. His work rate is average at best."

Obviously missed the 'tongue in cheek' aspect of that comment because Goldy burnt me last year ;-)

Holz

Goldy burnt me last year in the finals when he was sick and when he got the head clash. All I can remember last year is thinking wow he is going to be cheap and even better people will look at the numbers and not pick him.

Goldy burger turning into goldy sandi when I have the cash.

GM

Quote from: RidleyU on January 19, 2013, 01:48:54 PM
Ridsy is a legend but that article is all biased opinion. That's like me writing something about which eagles players will do good in 2013.

Interesting thoughts Jukesy. I am assuming that the article on Stanton was very unbiased by yourself haha!
Welcome aboard Rids,Goldy could come out and make us eat our words.But after last year im going with
the proven and tested.

Hey mate. I have been a long time reader of the forums here but with my other commitments haven't actually joined till now.

I will be starting with the Cox/Sandi combination in 2013. Sandi running around injury free for now and with NikNat having a little late start to 2013, I am hoping that it will give me a jump on the competition. As you said earlier, proven
FF Rids is a fantastic forum with so many great people who share their advise and  varying opinions.Lots of banter and laughs along the way.I am sure you will enjoy it.

RidleyU

Quote from: Holzman on January 19, 2013, 02:00:10 PM
Goldy burnt me last year in the finals when he was sick and when he got the head clash. All I can remember last year is thinking wow he is going to be cheap and even better people will look at the numbers and not pick him.

I wish everyone the best who start with him. As a past owner of the big dinosaur, I can advise you that it will be a bumpy ride lol.

If Nth change their game style from late last year he might become the Goldy of 2011. Fast movement of the ball doesn't suit the bigger ruckmen usually. Never know though. He might be able to push that average up to mid 90's again.

Holz

Quote from: RidleyU on January 19, 2013, 02:11:21 PM

I wish everyone the best who start with him. As a past owner of the big dinosaur, I can advise you that it will be a bumpy ride lol.

If Nth change their game style from late last year he might become the Goldy of 2011. Fast movement of the ball doesn't suit the bigger ruckmen usually. Never know though. He might be able to push that average up to mid 90's again.

I should add I'm a bias roo fan.

RidleyU

Quote from: Holzman on January 19, 2013, 02:16:02 PM
Quote from: RidleyU on January 19, 2013, 02:11:21 PM

I should add I'm a bias roo fan.
[/quote

Ha! Fair call then. People have to back in their players! Just remember though that articles are written to provoke discussion. Positive or negative don't matter. People just need to make sure their comments aren't personal ;-)

RidleyU

Quote from: greenmoon on January 19, 2013, 02:09:51 PM
Quote from: RidleyU on January 19, 2013, 01:48:54 PM

the proven and tested.

FF Rids is a fantastic forum with so many great people who share their advise and  varying opinions.Lots of banter and laughs along the way.I am sure you will enjoy it.

I have enjoyed reading the forums over the years. FF was the first place I used to follow the scores, quite a few years ago now lol.

Not sure if time will allow me to get involved in too much chit chat unfortunately. With AFLDreamers and the facebook group combined with full time work and study means time is not as free as once was. I will try and partake in a few chats here and there throughout the season though.

Holz

The fast movement style of the roos however is the first real argument I have heard that actually makes me think about not picking him. I'm expecting a few sub 80 scores no doubt but he can pump out the 120+ score to compensate

RidleyU

Quote from: Holzman on January 19, 2013, 02:27:16 PM
The fast movement style of the roos however is the first real argument I have heard that actually makes me think about not picking him. I'm expecting a few sub 80 scores no doubt but he can pump out the 120+ score to compensate

I did mention the change of game style in the article lol

RidleyU

Quote from: RidleyU on January 19, 2013, 02:35:22 PM

CONCLUSION
After having a look at Season 2011 and Season 2012 I have come up with the following conclusion. Goldstein’s role in the side changed! It is as simple as that. North developed a run and carry style of football in 2012 which saw them make the finals. I can’t see them changing this style of football in 2013.
In 2012 they had wins over Geelong , Adelaide and Collingwood. This style of play could see them continue to trouble the big boys of the AFL.

GM

With the new structure 6-8-2-6 and weekly trades Rids,your thoughts on mid prices and starting with only 3 back premos.

Justin Bieber

I'm on Goldy train :)

I hope people don't pick him and pick old fossils like Cox and Sandilands,

RidleyU

Quote from: greenmoon on January 19, 2013, 02:44:21 PM

With the new structure 6-8-2-6 and weekly trades Rids,your thoughts on mid prices and starting with only 3 back premos.

My thoughts on mid pricers:
Be careful how you decide on them. Don't just compare mid pricer to mid pricer in price tag. I will use an example below:

Moloney MID ($309,000) v Atley DEF ($311,000)

If this was a simple case of Moloney v Atley then it is a no-brainer. Moloney should average 85. Atley 75. But depending on who you chose will mean a rookie to be played on field. So the real question needs to be Moloney + back rookie v Atley + mid rookie. A lot of people get confused about this. It should always come down to the quality of rookies on your field when selecting players ;-)

3 premo backs is a very interesting proposition for 2013. There seems to be plenty of cheap back options in 2013. Pittard, Stevenson and Heath should all have decent JS at Port. Staker, Mitch Brown, Terlich if fit should also play regular games. Then we have the Vlastuin, Docherty types who we will need to monitor over the NAB.

I found the most interesting stat the other week. There are 16 listed backs for DT 2013 that averaged over 80 in 2012. There are 29 listed forwards who averaged 80+. It appears that the backs is where to take the risk in 2013. Hope this makes sense lol