85-89
80-84
75-79
70-74
Below 70

Holz

Quote from: timmyparso on March 13, 2013, 11:28:31 AM
Is this history repeating??

in 2012 Goldy played like shower in the first few games, got dropped to VFL where he dominated and returned to average close to 100 in the 7 games after his return.

in 2013 goldy played like shower in the NAB, got "rested" in VFL where he dominated. Will he return in round 1 with the same form like last year??

he better im sticking my neck out picking him. I really dont like the way north are managing him, for me he is capable of being an AA ruckman if they play him right. He hasnt been given the role to peform this NAB and i just hope the do round 1.

RidleyU

Quote from: Holzman on March 13, 2013, 12:25:35 PM

in 2012 Goldy played like shower in the first few games, got dropped to VFL where he dominated and returned to average close to 100 in the 7 games after his return.

in 2013 goldy played like shower in the NAB, got "rested" in VFL where he dominated. Will he return in round 1 with the same form like last year??

he better im sticking my neck out picking him. I really dont like the way north are managing him, for me he is capable of being an AA ruckman if they play him right. He hasnt been given the role to peform this NAB and i just hope the do round 1.

I think that last weekend made it even harder for Goldy to play Round 1 now. The below article states just how impressive Currie was again.

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2013-03-12/daniel-currie-star-rising-march12

Holz

Quote from: RidleyU on March 13, 2013, 12:34:14 PM
Quote from: Holzman on March 13, 2013, 12:25:35 PM

I think that last weekend made it even harder for Goldy to play Round 1 now. The below article states just how impressive Currie was again.

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2013-03-12/daniel-currie-star-rising-march12

goldy is playing round 1 and will play all season the question now is just how will he score. I expect north to pretty much field what it plans to start round 1 with. Wouldnt be suprised to see goldy, currie and daw in the squad to test that out.

the worry is I expected us to be soley building around goldy, have been mucking around too much.

Holz

some food for thought. here are goldy's averages against his first 7 oppponents from the last 2 years (not including games Hmac was affecting his postion)

Pies 95
Cats 91
Syd 80
Lions 107
Hawks 106
Port 106
Dogs 91

thats a 97 average. not bad for someone priced at under 80

DTCoach

Obviously Goldy has been underwhelming all preseason and as a result many have jumped off.

Last game though I believe he scored 50 odd in a half and currie not many. Any jumping back on as a result of this?

Does anyone have any more in depth info on the game? Did each of currie/goldy play a separate half?

Im thinking if north line up with goldy and no currie (daw as support) then I will likely jump back on.

charliesheen

Quote from: Holzman on March 17, 2013, 01:30:45 PM
some food for thought. here are goldy's averages against his first 7 oppponents from the last 2 years (not including games Hmac was affecting his postion)

Pies 95
Cats 91
Syd 80
Lions 107
Hawks 106
Port 106
Dogs 91

Awful fixtures, but very good ruck draw.  I will be starting both Goldstein and Cox.

essendon2

Quote from: charliesheen on March 18, 2013, 09:49:08 PM
Quote from: Holzman on March 17, 2013, 01:30:45 PM

Pies 95
Cats 91
Syd 80
Lions 107
Hawks 106
Port 106
Dogs 91

Awful fixtures, but very good ruck draw.  I will be starting both Goldstein and Cox.
Cats have no ruckmen atm... Jolly is having lung issues, Mumford isn't 100%, Leuenberger, Longer and Martin aren't exactly premiums and Hawks only have Roughead!!
and I could go on... but the point I'm making is that this draw definitely favours Goldy and if he does spud up, then we know we've given him a big enough of an opportunity to perform, but it's time to give him the flick

Artax

Got him in elite and not unhappy

Toga

QuoteMeanwhile, Swallow said former rookie Majak Daw was in contention for selection in North's round one team that will take on Collingwood at Etihad Stadium on Sunday.

"He'll be very close, he's been in the mix for a long time," Swallow said of Daw, who will become the first Sudanese-born player to play an AFL game if selected.

"Whether he plays round one or a couple of rounds in, he's really close. He's had a brilliant pre-season and I expect to see him out there a fair bit this year."

One of the most difficult round one selection calls North faces is between ruckmen Todd Goldstein and Daniel Currie.

Swallow said "early on" in North's pre-season games he thought Currie might have done enough to edge Goldstein out of the No.1 ruck position he has held at Aegis Park for the past two seasons.

But he said after watching Goldstein and Currie play in North's final pre-season game against Hawthorn he didn't "have a clue" who would get the nod at selection.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-03-25/no-good-friday-footy-swallow

Hagebear

Quote from: Toga on March 25, 2013, 10:58:16 PM
QuoteMeanwhile, Swallow said former rookie Majak Daw was in contention for selection in North's round one team that will take on Collingwood at Etihad Stadium on Sunday.

"He'll be very close, he's been in the mix for a long time," Swallow said of Daw, who will become the first Sudanese-born player to play an AFL game if selected.

"Whether he plays round one or a couple of rounds in, he's really close. He's had a brilliant pre-season and I expect to see him out there a fair bit this year."

One of the most difficult round one selection calls North faces is between ruckmen Todd Goldstein and Daniel Currie.

Swallow said "early on" in North's pre-season games he thought Currie might have done enough to edge Goldstein out of the No.1 ruck position he has held at Aegis Park for the past two seasons.

But he said after watching Goldstein and Currie play in North's final pre-season game against Hawthorn he didn't "have a clue" who would get the nod at selection.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-03-25/no-good-friday-footy-swallow

Lock in Currie!!

Toga

If the skipper thinks he's close he could be a realistic option if he knocks off Goldy!! :o

If so he'll be my R2 no questions asked 8)

Ricochet

From Scott's press conference this morning

Scott: "It's going to be a very close call" (between Goldstein and Currie)

Scott: "We honestly think Majak's in our best 26-28 players. He's genuinely in the mix" (for selection)

Holz

I dont care about the DT aspect but if they name Goldy and Currie or even worse Currie alone If i was goldy i would start looking at another club. He is an elite ruck and if he went to another club and treated him properly they would have an AA ruck on their hands.

essendon2

Quote from: Holzman on March 26, 2013, 12:09:54 PM
I dont care about the DT aspect but if they name Goldy and Currie or even worse Currie alone If i was goldy i would start looking at another club. He is an elite ruck and if he went to another club and treated him properly they would have an AA ruck on their hands.
+1

Ricochet

Quote from: Holzman on March 26, 2013, 12:09:54 PM
Hawthorn should chase him