95-99
90-94
85-89
80-84
75-79
70-74
Below 70

RidleyU

Does anyone know how Goldy went yesterday?

Football Factory

Quote from: RidleyU on March 10, 2013, 03:13:05 PM
Does anyone know how Goldy went yesterday?
He didnt play

Sorry ..thought you meant in the Nab

RidleyU

Mr.Craig

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2013-03-10/goldstein-a-class-above

Todd Goldstein has given the North Melbourne coaching staff a pleasing selection dilemma after showcasing his talent in North Ballarat's win against Geelong at Simonds Stadium on Saturday.

Rested so Daniel Currie could play as the sole ruckman in the later game, Goldstein was a class above his opponents at stoppages around the ground, frequently giving his midfielders first use of the ball.

“He was very good with his hit-outs and he put a lot to advantage," North's development coach Josh Drummond told NMFC.com.au.

"All the midfielders would have really enjoyed having Goldy there.

"He got to some good spots going back and intercepting the ball when Geelong went forward which is exactly what you want from one of your big guys. It was good for him to get a good game of footy under his belt."

As a bonus for Goldstein, North Melbourne’s strong alignment with the Roosters meant he was essentially able to play his own game with similar structures in place.

RidleyU

Quote from: Mr.Craig on March 10, 2013, 03:49:33 PM
http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2013-03-10/goldstein-a-class-above

Todd Goldstein has given the North Melbourne coaching staff a pleasing selection dilemma after showcasing his talent in North Ballarat's win against Geelong at Simonds Stadium on Saturday.

Rested so Daniel Currie could play as the sole ruckman in the later game, Goldstein was a class above his opponents at stoppages around the ground, frequently giving his midfielders first use of the ball.

“He was very good with his hit-outs and he put a lot to advantage," North's development coach Josh Drummond told NMFC.com.au.

"All the midfielders would have really enjoyed having Goldy there.

"He got to some good spots going back and intercepting the ball when Geelong went forward which is exactly what you want from one of your big guys. It was good for him to get a good game of footy under his belt."

As a bonus for Goldstein, North Melbourne’s strong alignment with the Roosters meant he was essentially able to play his own game with similar structures in place.

Cheers mate!

Holz

theoretically if you knew he was going to average 90-93 from 22 games would you pick him?

RidleyU

Quote from: Holzman on March 10, 2013, 03:53:00 PM
theoretically if you knew he was going to average 90-93 from 22 games would you pick him?

I am assuming you are talking about Goldy. I think I would want 95 average from my 2 rucks this year so would prob pass.

It is a very interesting question though. I cant see him averaging that much though.

Holz

Quote from: RidleyU on March 10, 2013, 04:03:59 PM

I am assuming you are talking about Goldy. I think I would want 95 average from my 2 rucks this year so would prob pass.

It is a very interesting question though. I cant see him averaging that much though.

It's my predicted average and I'm trying to work out if its enough to pick him.

RidleyU

Quote from: Holzman on March 10, 2013, 04:12:00 PM
Quote from: RidleyU on March 10, 2013, 04:03:59 PM

It's my predicted average and I'm trying to work out if its enough to pick him.

I think around 85 is what he will average. With 44 trades a week I think we have to aim high and at least attempt to get the best 2 in the rucks. I currently have Cox, Maric, Roughead, McEvoy and NicNat (when fit) all comfortably ahead of Goldy. In a year that has so much value in each position eg: Leuenberger, I just think the number 1 ruck requires to be the best option.

Money

Goldstein does well in the VFL, while Currie smashes in the AFL

I would rate Goldstein a spud/10

charliesheen

Depends what you think Berger would average. 

Holz

Quote from: charliesheen on March 11, 2013, 07:30:03 PM

Depends what you think Berger would average.

well i have burger locked in R2, goldy would be my R1. im thinking burger will start slow and should be able to achieve 80+ by the bye rounds.

charliesheen

11kgm

After starting with him last year never the f@ck again seriouslly

timmyparso

Is this history repeating??

in 2012 Goldy played like shower in the first few games, got dropped to VFL where he dominated and returned to average close to 100 in the 7 games after his return.

in 2013 goldy played like shower in the NAB, got "rested" in VFL where he dominated. Will he return in round 1 with the same form like last year??