95-99
90-94
85-89
80-84
75-79
70-74
Below 70

GM

The lions draw is in favour of berger scoring well early so if he is fit and starts rd1 his price will definitley increase.
I think vs will slow increases and decreases to align with extra trades.So yes his price will only go up moderately but
so will Goldys.

RidleyU

Just thought it was worth seeing what all those that were planning on starting Goldy in 2013 are now currently thinking?

Currie is currently pushing very hard for a ruck spot for round 1.

Justin Bieber

Yeah I dropped him before nab.

Was hoping he gunned it so people be sucked in :(

gunnerzzz

Quote from: lukemattar on March 07, 2013, 04:25:13 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-03-07/currie-given-his-chance

I just heard this listening to SEN. I jumped off the Gold train and bought into Jacobs a while ago. Hopefully currie kicks arse and gets a lot of games this season. Cash cow $$

Windigo

RidleyU

Quote from: Jukes on January 20, 2013, 11:03:55 PM
Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 20, 2013, 11:03:16 PM
Quote from: RidleyU on January 20, 2013, 09:37:27 PM
Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on January 20, 2013, 09:05:09 PM
I've noticed that this article has not mentioned anything about the exit of McIntosh from the North side. But he is right that he relies more on hitouts than other ruckmen. Additionally someone like Sandilands can dominate him in the ruck and greatly reduce his influence upon the result.

I still expect him to get his shower together for this year and average at least 90

The reason I never mentioned HMac leaving was because the Roos elevated Daw and then recruited Currie. They also have Petrie playing up forward. I think that the thought process of picking him because of HMac leaving is flawed.
Ahh their going to leave Goldy in the reserves and play Daw and Currie with Petrie pinch hitting in the ruck .. didnt think of that  :D

haha +1

except for they're*

It was a funny thought a few months ago but as I said, stranger things have happened  ::)

Adamant

Quote from: RidleyU on March 07, 2013, 05:48:57 PM
Quote from: Jukes on January 20, 2013, 11:03:55 PM
Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 20, 2013, 11:03:16 PM
Quote from: RidleyU on January 20, 2013, 09:37:27 PM
Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on January 20, 2013, 09:05:09 PM
I've noticed that this article has not mentioned anything about the exit of McIntosh from the North side. But he is right that he relies more on hitouts than other ruckmen. Additionally someone like Sandilands can dominate him in the ruck and greatly reduce his influence upon the result.

I still expect him to get his shower together for this year and average at least 90

The reason I never mentioned HMac leaving was because the Roos elevated Daw and then recruited Currie. They also have Petrie playing up forward. I think that the thought process of picking him because of HMac leaving is flawed.
Ahh their going to leave Goldy in the reserves and play Daw and Currie with Petrie pinch hitting in the ruck .. didnt think of that  :D

haha +1

except for they're*

It was a funny thought a few months ago but as I said, stranger things have happened  ::)

Haha that is gold Rids! good call on Goldy.

daz77

Artax

2 rucks I picked up in my elite league were Sandi & Goldi. Hand me a rope...

Holz

Quote from: Artax on March 08, 2013, 02:33:09 AM

what are you talking about goldy will be named round 1 as basically the sole ruck with daw in the squad. Good pick

SydneyRox

Quote from: Holzman on March 08, 2013, 01:18:24 PM

what are you talking about goldy will be named round 1 as basically the sole ruck with daw in the squad. Good pick

Not sure how you can say that? Goldy will play rnd 1, no doubt. But looking more and more likely that Currie will also be there... he has a good chance to prove himself on the weekend against a guy who is athletic, but still learning to ruck.

Holz

Quote from: SydneyRox on March 08, 2013, 01:24:44 PM
Quote from: Holzman on March 08, 2013, 01:18:24 PM

Not sure how you can say that? Goldy will play rnd 1, no doubt. But looking more and more likely that Currie will also be there... he has a good chance to prove himself on the weekend against a guy who is athletic, but still learning to ruck.

He will have to play really really well to fit into the squad. We already have Hansen Tarrant and Petrie as the talls up front. Daw is named as a forward and if he gets a gid i cant see how currie fits into the sqaud. Would make the forward line really tall and he can back up in the rucks. From what i have seen currie has been mainly rucking in his games, Goldy cant share ruck duties we saw that last year with HMAC and its why Hmac was traded.

I was hoping curiie would float into the backs but really dont see how he fits into the squad. If Goldy + Curiie play together I think its a huge mistake by the club.

Ricochet

No more speculation fellas, here's what Scott had to say.

Hot Currie not a wake-up call for Goldstein

DANIEL Currie's elevation to sole senior ruckman for Saturday's NAB Cup clash with Geelong is not designed as a wake-up call to Todd Goldstein, North Melbourne coach Brad Scott says.

Goldstein, the Kangaroos' No.1 ruckman for the past two seasons, will play in the curtain-raiser for VFL team North Ballarat, giving Currie his chance to impress after two strong displays in the pre-season competition so far.

Although saying it was yet to be decided who would fill the role in round one, Scott was adamant Goldstein was not on the outer.

"'Goldy' has been a terrific player for us for a long period of time," Scott said before training on Friday.

"We see him as an All Australian standard ruckman.

"We know what he can do.

"He's got terrific endurance for a ruckman. He's rucked one-out for a long time, so we know he can do that."

The Roos coach said he had not categorically ruled out playing two ruckmen in the season opener, but admitted it was becoming increasingly difficult to do so in the sub rule era.

"There aren't too many sides that do it anymore," Scott said.

"It's been a bit of a slow burn for most clubs, but I think most are realising that unless you've got a very, very flexible ruckman who can play significant time forward or has got the athletic ability of Nic Naitanui, it's becoming harder and harder.

"Especially with a cap of 80 this week, it does make it very difficult to play two."

North Melbourne, undefeated in the NAB Cup but with an inferior percentage to the three other unbeaten teams, can stake a claim for a place in the pre-season decider with a win over the Cats.

But it is likely they will also need Adelaide to defeat Carlton at AAMI Stadium on Friday night.

Midfielder Leigh Adams returns to the team for his first hit-out of the season, after recovering from surgery on both shoulders.

He trained in sunglasses earlier this week after having minor eye surgery on Monday, but Scott guaranteed the shades would not be required at Skilled Stadium.

"There's no way 'Patch' would run out there in sunnies," he joked.

"He is desperate to get out there and play, but he could've trained without them, but we all wanted to laugh at him, which we did.

"He's a really important part of our side and we're rapt to have him back."

Key position player Robbie Tarrant will be rested this week after losing 5kg in the Townsville heat against Gold Coast last weekend.

Nathan Grima, who is yet to play this pre-season having battled a back injury, will again miss, with Scott saying the defender was a slight chance to appear in the VFL.

"It's the day before the game, and we're giving him every opportunity to get up to play," Scott said.

"If he surprises me out on the track today, he'll play.

"But based on what I saw Wednesday, we want to get another solid block of training into him."

Currie was picked up by North Melbourne with pick 56 in last year's national draft, having previously spent five seasons with the Sydney Swans from 2007 to 2011.

Speaking alongside his coach, the 24-year-old said he was excited by the opportunity to press his senior claims.

"Not too many players get a second opportunity, so I'm very grateful for it," Currie said.

"I feel like I've put my head down and worked pretty hard since I've been here, so hopefully I can grab this second chance."

GM

Quote from: Ricochet on March 08, 2013, 02:22:50 PM
No more speculation fellas, here's what Scott had to say.

Hot Currie not a wake-up call for Goldstein

DANIEL Currie's elevation to sole senior ruckman for Saturday's NAB Cup clash with Geelong is not designed as a wake-up call to Todd Goldstein, North Melbourne coach Brad Scott says.

Goldstein, the Kangaroos' No.1 ruckman for the past two seasons, will play in the curtain-raiser for VFL team North Ballarat, giving Currie his chance to impress after two strong displays in the pre-season competition so far.

Although saying it was yet to be decided who would fill the role in round one, Scott was adamant Goldstein was not on the outer.

"'Goldy' has been a terrific player for us for a long period of time," Scott said before training on Friday.

"We see him as an All Australian standard ruckman.

"We know what he can do.

"He's got terrific endurance for a ruckman. He's rucked one-out for a long time, so we know he can do that."

The Roos coach said he had not categorically ruled out playing two ruckmen in the season opener, but admitted it was becoming increasingly difficult to do so in the sub rule era.

"There aren't too many sides that do it anymore," Scott said.

"It's been a bit of a slow burn for most clubs, but I think most are realising that unless you've got a very, very flexible ruckman who can play significant time forward or has got the athletic ability of Nic Naitanui, it's becoming harder and harder.

"Especially with a cap of 80 this week, it does make it very difficult to play two."

North Melbourne, undefeated in the NAB Cup but with an inferior percentage to the three other unbeaten teams, can stake a claim for a place in the pre-season decider with a win over the Cats.

But it is likely they will also need Adelaide to defeat Carlton at AAMI Stadium on Friday night.

Midfielder Leigh Adams returns to the team for his first hit-out of the season, after recovering from surgery on both shoulders.

He trained in sunglasses earlier this week after having minor eye surgery on Monday, but Scott guaranteed the shades would not be required at Skilled Stadium.

"There's no way 'Patch' would run out there in sunnies," he joked.

"He is desperate to get out there and play, but he could've trained without them, but we all wanted to laugh at him, which we did.

"He's a really important part of our side and we're rapt to have him back."

Key position player Robbie Tarrant will be rested this week after losing 5kg in the Townsville heat against Gold Coast last weekend.

Nathan Grima, who is yet to play this pre-season having battled a back injury, will again miss, with Scott saying the defender was a slight chance to appear in the VFL.

"It's the day before the game, and we're giving him every opportunity to get up to play," Scott said.

"If he surprises me out on the track today, he'll play.

"But based on what I saw Wednesday, we want to get another solid block of training into him."

Currie was picked up by North Melbourne with pick 56 in last year's national draft, having previously spent five seasons with the Sydney Swans from 2007 to 2011.

Speaking alongside his coach, the 24-year-old said he was excited by the opportunity to press his senior claims.

"Not too many players get a second opportunity, so I'm very grateful for it," Currie said.

"I feel like I've put my head down and worked pretty hard since I've been here, so hopefully I can grab this second chance."
Tbh i wouldn't expect him to say any different.