85-89
80-84
75-79
70-74
Below 70

essendon2

Quote from: Holzman on January 18, 2013, 06:51:51 PM
Quote from: Adamant on January 18, 2013, 06:48:03 PM
This is what I have been trying to tell people for the last week or so. This article has been written by one of the best DT minds going around, I would take note of it.

He was locked for me, but after that article, I'm thinking he'll be around the 80-84 mark.

To me its a clear ussage of just blindly looking at stats.

Im goign to stop defending the goldy pick ,im happy if people dont pick him.

All i say is this if you dont have goldy in your team you better have sandilands.
McEvoy!!!

Hagebear

Could be a great pick up at 400k, but also could do what he did last year. Don't think I'm brave enough to pick him.

henry

Was fortunate not to have him last year, and in fact his 20 odd in the prelim for my opponent got me to the granny lol, so his reward is to play for me this year. I reckon he'll average 90-94, you have to remember hmac was playing alongside him for the first few rounds which hurt his numbers and peterson has gone too, who can pinch hit in the ruck. Lock and load for me.

tbagrocks

With Tom Hickey how does this effect McEvoy? With the rise of Stanley

Am cautious about McEvoy while keeping an eye on, Goldy a bit risky to me

Ziplock

I don't really see hickey as affecting mcevoy majorly, I'm not sure if they'll even play  at the same time too much this year.

owenbond007

After reading this, it confirms to me further that the article was absolute colli wobble, seriously at 201k how could you not consider him. I watched many games where he floated across the half back as a spare and took many uncontested marks. Taking into account that his the number one tap ruckman in comp and that the magic number is 5150 it would be naive not to consider this lad neverlone not include him. Poorly written amateur article don't pick him, I will :).

Ziplock

owenbond007

was meant to say 301K was pretty drunk and made a typo was refering to Rids Never Again List article on Goldy.

"Goldy is poo! He may be seen to represent value at $401,000 but I wouldn’t select him at $301,000. His mobility around the ground is laughable. His work rate is average at best."

tbagrocks

We get the points on the Gold but then I ask, how did he ave 99 in 2012? He's not my prefered underpriced ruck but based on the scoring from 2011 how can you argue against that? Now he's older and without competition

nrich102

RidleyU

Quote from: Jukes on January 18, 2013, 08:07:02 PM
Ridsy is a legend but that article is all biased opinion. That's like me writing something about which eagles players will do good in 2013.

Goldy will average at least 95.

Interesting thoughts Jukesy. I am assuming that the article on Stanton was very unbiased by yourself haha!

RidleyU

Quote from: henry on January 18, 2013, 09:59:14 PM
Was fortunate not to have him last year, and in fact his 20 odd in the prelim for my opponent got me to the granny lol, so his reward is to play for me this year. I reckon he'll average 90-94, you have to remember hmac was playing alongside him for the first few rounds which hurt his numbers and peterson has gone too, who can pinch hit in the ruck. Lock and load for me.

This comment I find interesting. Goldy single handedly won you a prelim because you didn't have him yet you will lock and load for 2013! I wonder what your comments were about Goldy when you were watching the actual game. I bet they weren't along the lines of.... "wow, Goldy spudding it up big time today suits me very nicely as I will get him cheaper when 2013 starts!"

RidleyU

Quote from: Holzman on January 18, 2013, 06:51:51 PM
Quote from: Adamant on January 18, 2013, 06:48:03 PM
This is what I have been trying to tell people for the last week or so. This article has been written by one of the best DT minds going around, I would take note of it.

He was locked for me, but after that article, I'm thinking he'll be around the 80-84 mark.

To me its a clear ussage of just blindly looking at stats.

Im goign to stop defending the goldy pick ,im happy if people dont pick him.

All i say is this if you dont have goldy in your team you better have sandilands.

Of course it is a clear usage of stats....

GM

Quote from: RidleyU on January 19, 2013, 01:24:04 PM
Quote from: Jukes on January 18, 2013, 08:07:02 PM
Ridsy is a legend but that article is all biased opinion. That's like me writing something about which eagles players will do good in 2013.

Goldy will average at least 95.

Interesting thoughts Jukesy. I am assuming that the article on Stanton was very unbiased by yourself haha!
Welcome aboard Rids,Goldy could come out and make us eat our words.But after last year im going with
the proven and tested.

owenbond007

Last year he average 85.5 without hmac. I cant see him averaging less than that this year. He had a few terrible scores in there as well (55,59,24,61). To be honest at 401k and with more finals footy on the horizon he should smash out a 90+ average. Will be a good starting ruck but I'll be looking to sideways once he makes 50k-100k as i think against the bigger and stronger ruckman his numbers tend to drop. From round 8 to 10 he plays eagles, crows, saints could see a decline in dollar over this period.