Round One Draftees?

Started by JoeKing, January 17, 2013, 11:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeKing

Which Draftees do you think will play Round one this year? ???

kilbluff1985

Quote from: JoeKing on January 17, 2013, 11:34:48 PM

the ones that get named

it doesn't matter what we think at this point in time

Capper

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 17, 2013, 11:36:55 PM

the ones that get named

cheer up KB

Most of the GWS boys (O'Rourke, Jaksch, plowman, Whitfield) might get a game, not necessarily round 1, but will still get a game
Vlast may as well for the tigers

JoeKing

the ones that get named

Its still nice to get opinions on who are the players everyone thinks wil be introduced round one. It shows that there are some players we expect more from then other, can we agree on that KB?

Mr.Craig

I can only give you a somewhat educated guess but maybe...

Whitfield, O'Rourke, Crouch, Vlastuin, Terlich, O'Meara, Viney, Lee, Membrey, Stringer, Mayes, Colquhoun, Mitchell, Osborne, Jones, Wines and Van Unen. There's at least another dozen guys who have a legit chance too.

Ziplock

I really doubt O'Rourke for round one, and can't see both terlich and membrey making it in. Colquhoun, Mitchell and Osborne all need to be upgraded as well, and I'd be doubtful on Vlaustin.

Atm, I'd say whitfield, crouch, o'meara, viney, lee, stringer, mayes, wines

hawkers65

Quote from: Ziplock on January 17, 2013, 11:47:53 PM
Colquhoun, Mitchell and Osborne all need to be upgraded as well

Colquhoun doesn't have to be upgraded he was picked up in the preseason draft.

timmyparso

I really doubt O'Rourke for round one, and can't see both terlich and membrey making it in. Colquhoun, Mitchell and Osborne all need to be upgraded as well, and I'd be doubtful on Vlaustin.

Colquhoun is on the senior list

kilbluff1985

Quote from: tabs on January 17, 2013, 11:41:43 PM

the ones that get named

cheer up KB

Most of the GWS boys (O'Rourke, Jaksch, plowman, Whitfield) might get a game, not necessarily round 1, but will still get a game
Vlast may as well for the tigers

i would but these threads get done to often gives me the showers

Ziplock

Quote from: timmyparso on January 17, 2013, 11:53:48 PM

ahhh, yeah he was taken in the PSD wasnt he?

Mr.Craig

Yeah, as Hawkers said Colq doesn't need to be upgraded. The other two seem well placed if an opportunity does arise. There's not a huge amount of competition on either of those rookie lists.

Tbh I'd be happy if half the guys I mentioned debuted. As for GWS, it would be nice from a PR standpoint if they played the top 2, if not the top 3 picks in Round 1. Whatever happens, I'm sure we'll see plenty of them during the season.

timmyparso

Quote from: Ziplock on January 17, 2013, 11:58:36 PM
Quote from: timmyparso on January 17, 2013, 11:53:48 PM

ahhh, yeah he was taken in the PSD wasnt he?

Yep, still not sure he''ll start round 1, needs some bulk and port now have a lot of rookie defensive options,. Heath, Stephenson, pitard. Not sure they''ll play them all at once. Lets see how they go in nab cup

tbagrocks

Very much doubt Col will play round one, a lot of the guys from the SANFL that play early did pretty well in the seniors the year before, Colquhoun played between reserves and U18s for Centrals,

Look for Jimmy Toumpas, Wines, Kerridge among others named. Terlich was BOG in a grand final containing Crouch and Luke Brown, has to be in line for a gig as a mature ager

Galea89

Of those already mentioned there are several recycled players and injured players that i think will line up round 1:

Jasper Pittard, Lewis Stevenson, Brent Staker, Koby Stevens.

Jump on Jarrod Witts and Majak Daw too! If not round 1, they will be there abouts!

Tyes