Main Menu

Season 2013 Ladder Predictor

Started by SydneyRox, January 17, 2013, 04:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

Quote from: meow meow on January 23, 2013, 08:50:16 PM
Yeah I was talking more about people putting down 2 wins for Melbourne when they play the Bulldogs. I can't see why Melbourne would be expected to win those games.

It was SydneyRox who put Melb down for 2 wins against the dogs.  If you check my edit I have the games as 50/50 and I would have it 1 win each.  There is no way Melbourne will win 12 games this season.

SydneyRox

One of the areas of concern I have for the Bulldogs is how are they going to kick enough goals to win games?
Last season, the top 3 were Giansiracusa 28, Dickson 23, Higgins 22. Who is going to step up?
Gia's ceiling is about 40. Dickson has some improvement in him but is a little undersized, and Higgins could also up the scoring if he stays on the park. Jones and Grant would have to show significant improvement to get near Gia as this years leading goal scorer.

Compare that to Melbourne.
Mitch Clark kicked more goals than any Bulldogs player (29) from 11 games. Six games less than Gia and Dickson.
Dawes had a shocking year and spent most of the time outside the forward line and kicked 19
Add Howe, Byrnes and Rodan into the fwd line and you have a well balanced area that looks much more dangerous.

meow meow

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 24, 2013, 02:10:21 PM
One of the areas of concern I have for the Bulldogs is how are they going to kick enough goals to win games?

A valid question.

The Bulldogs are well and truly basing their game on contested football much like Geelong and the Swans. The midfield is still where the majority of the work is done, and with Minson, Cooney, Griffen, Cross, Boyd, Wallis, Picken, Libba, Smith, Stevens and Lower all capable of playing AFL quality football they should be competitive in that area. Goals come on the back of good work in the midfield.

Look at the Swans goalkickers in 2012 (including finals)

Jetta kicked 45 and was the top goal scorer.
37 to Goodes, 31 to Reid, 30 to McGlynn.
29 to Kennedy, 27 to Jack.
LRT kicked 25
Bolton, O'Keefe, McVeigh kicked about 20 each.
12 to Mummy and Bird.

In 2008 and 2009 when the Dogs were making prelims without a key forward, Robert Murphy played as a half forward. I think people have forgotten how good he was at this role. He is returning to this role in 2013 and he will boot 30 goals, and set up another 30 with his creativity.

Dickson, Giansiracusa and Higgins are capable of kicking 30 each.
Grant kicked 27 from his 17 games in 2010 so he has it in him. Needs to step up.
Griffen, Cooney and Dahlhaus are able to kick a goal a game.
Minson should bag a few.
What we need is ONE of Cordy, Jones, Williams or Campbell to step up and kick 20-30 goals for the season. I think Ayce has it in him. Jones too.

Obviously we aren't going to win the flag so comparing to the Swans isn't the best idea, but there is enough talent in our mids and forward line to give the bottom-to-mid tier teams plenty of trouble.

North (an attacking team) made the finals with 6 players who kicked 20 goals or more. Petrie kicked 58 and we don't have anyone who can do that, but I'd say we have 9 (Murphy, Gia, Higgins, Dickson, Grant, Dahlhaus, Jones, Cordy and Cooney) who could each kick at least 20. Hansen (20) and Tarrant (23) were two of North's six, and are they that much better than Jones, Grant and Cordy?

SydneyRox

This is the line betting as of today from Betstar - Games Won

Hawks 16.5
West Coast 16
Sydney 15.5
Collingwood 15.5
Adelaide 14
Freo 14
Cartlon 14
Geelong 13.5
Essendon 13
Richmond 12
North 12
Brisbane 9.5
Saints 9
Melb 6.5
Port 5
GWS 5
GC 5
Bulldogs 4

strikes91

Hawthorn
Sydney
West Coast
Carlton
Adelaide
Collingwood
Fremantle
Geelong

Essendon
Richmond
Brisbane
North
Saints
Demons
Suns
Port
Dogs
GWS

Coondambogan

1 West Coast
2 Collingwood
3 Hawthorn
4 Fremantle
5 Sydney
6 Richmond
7 Essendon
8 Adelaide

9 Carlton
10 North Melbourne
11 Geelong
12 Brisbane
13 Port Adelaide
14 Gold Coast
15 St. Kilda
16 GWS
17 Western Bulldogs
18 Melbourne

Dudge

Quote from: Coondambogan on April 02, 2013, 12:06:32 AM
1 West Coast
2 Collingwood
3 Hawthorn
4 Fremantle
5 Sydney
6 Richmond
7 Essendon
8 Adelaide

9 Carlton
10 North Melbourne
11 Geelong
12 Brisbane
13 Port Adelaide
14 Gold Coast
15 St. Kilda
16 GWS
17 Western Bulldogs
18 Melbourne

Wow the Cats at 11th :-\

lainey1991

Attachment doesn't work for me :(

Can't find a ladder predictor anywhere!

Shaneo9

Yeah I can't download the Predictor too!!