DT Guns pre nab cup team

Started by DT Gun, January 16, 2013, 09:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DT Gun

Criticism encouraged

TEAM NAME: 2013 Research
DEF: B. Goddard, J. Grimes, B. Gibbs, L. Osborne, B. Goodes, S. Docherty (S. Colquhoun, D. Terlich)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, D. Beams, S. Pendlebury, D. Martin, K. Mitchell, B. Crouch, J. O'Meara (N. Hrovat, J. Viney)
RUC: T. Goldstein, M. Leuenberger (M. Daw, J. Witts)
FWD: D. Cox, S. Johnson, J. Bartel, T. Rockliff, D. Thomas, T. Lee (S. Rowe, T. Membrey)
CASH LEFT: $1,800

Football Factory

You have decided to go weaker in areas that have plenty of decent rooks available, looks alright. Obviously rooks selection will depend on round 1 teams

Not sure Thomas will be ok for round 1

Dont know if you have seen this article yet   http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/pies-coach-nasthan-buckley-unsure-if-dale-thomas-will-be-fit-for-round-1-of-afl-season/story-fnex616o-1226555110920

I dont think i criticized enough, he logged out in disgust   ;D

mezzoculo

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 16, 2013, 09:29:23 PM
I dont think i criticized enough, he logged out in disgust   ;D
Ha ha! You took to the team with a Velvet Sledgehammer, FF.

On the team, I wouldn't start Martin in the mids. FF is right about Thomas, so perhaps switch Martin and Thomas and turn Thomas into a money maker of some kind (Embley, rook etc etc). I'd put some of the extra cash aside so as to select named rookies come Rnd1.

Ziplock

yeah, I'm backing the thomas call unfortunately.

but I dont have an issue with martin in the mids- he gives you a dpp link, and there's not, from many, many decent rookie fwd dpp.... I presume the plan is to trade out a rookie after/ around the byes and move him into the forward line?

I only have 2 issues with it- firstly, I'm not a fan of beams... it sounds like personal preference, but there's a definite trend that younger mids generally drop their averages after their break out year, I had a huge post with the stats etc. on some cotchin vs beams thread, I'm a bit tired to find it now :P

that being said, some players do buck the trend, so if you're willing to back him in, it's your call.

my only other issue with the team is that you haven't really gone with any major PODs- I mean, I understand the players that you've chosen players that you're certain will finish top in their positions, but you haven't really selected any players, with the possible exception of martin, in a mid priced range to set yourself apart, the only real POD is that you dont have ball or embley.

also, obv. rookies are subject to change, but honestly I'd be a bit hesitant about fielding that many back rookies- osbourne, goodes and colq are all rookie listed aren't they? there just doesnt seem to be that many viable defensive rookies... if I had to take a punt, you've cut some like pittard, staker, because you're so tight on cash?

Basically, I'd suggest swapping out thomas (apparently he mightn't be ready for round one) for someone, preferably a midpricer if there's one that catches your eye, and then splash out the left over cash to get in players like staker who have more of a chance of playing immediately.

tbagrocks

For a guy with such big wraps on himself he couldn't have done much research here

Windigo

nrich102

DT Gun

Thomas is in my team right up until he isnt named round 1.

Thomas did his ankle in round 15 and it is just a lingering injury that didnt stop him playing.

Would just be a clean up of his ankle and theres a long time till round 1.

Beams come in the exact same way last year and people didnt pick him

The choice for me was zorko or bartel and I couldnt split the pair. When in doubt always choose the better footballer

Im starting Martin in the mids cos hes the best mid pricer i feel at that price range, and if he guns it ill just swap him forward

Justin Bieber

I like the stacked forwardline. Their are good underpriced options and the forward rookies are poor this year.