Dean Cox w/o Nic Nat?

Started by thetidsy, January 16, 2013, 04:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

Another wall of words from Grazz! We really need to get you writing for a blog mate.

Grazz

Quote from: Mr.Craig on January 18, 2013, 02:28:06 AM
Another wall of words from Grazz! We really need to get you writing for a blog mate.

I really try to keep them short and concise mate  :o but lately it hasnt worked out like that has it lol. Unless ive had a few ales i dont say to much usually (Nuh im not half cut now) but i shock meself how much i can type, or atleast how large it looks on the page. :P. Just hoping to help some avoid making a blue without professing to have all the answers. Cox i think and i dont expect everyone to agree was before and certainly now a lock (Only my opinion) im setting him up as a Fwd to begin with and think he will be as good value as Buddy but a tad cheaper and ruck cover should Luey or Sandi fall over early. Buddy i will get but probably wont start with. Eventually Cox will go into my ruck in hope of gaining 2 of the top 3 rucks if not better. I think Sandi if he stays fit will have a fair crack at being 1-3 aswell as Cox.

timmyparso

What is Cox's record against Sandi 1 on 1, i.e. with no Nicnat for support?? Will be an interesting round 1 match up

timmyparso

Quote from: Grazz on January 18, 2013, 03:07:53 AM

I really try to keep them short and concise mate  :o but lately it hasnt worked out like that has it lol. Unless ive had a few ales i dont say to much usually (Nuh im not half cut now) but i shock meself how much i can type, or atleast how large it looks on the page. :P. Just hoping to help some avoid making a blue without professing to have all the answers. Cox i think and i dont expect everyone to agree was before and certainly now a lock (Only my opinion) im setting him up as a Fwd to begin with and think he will be as good value as Buddy but a tad cheaper and ruck cover should Luey or Sandi fall over early. Buddy i will get but probably wont start with. Eventually Cox will go into my ruck in hope of gaining 2 of the top 3 rucks if not better. I think Sandi if he stays fit will have a fair crack at being 1-3 aswell as Cox.

It was a well written piece which I agree with 100%.

GM

+1.Well said mate.i have the same combo.Lets hope 211 is rid of the bad luck he has had for the past 2 years.This combo has served me well before so im excited.Need 1 of your scrolls here mate.

Grazz

Quote from: timmyparso on January 18, 2013, 11:12:47 AM

It was a well written piece which I agree with 100%.

Thanks Tim.

Quote from: greenmoon on January 18, 2013, 03:32:09 PM

+1.Well said mate.i have the same combo.Lets hope 211 is rid of the bad luck he has had for the past 2 years.This combo has served me well before so im excited.Need 1 of your scrolls here mate.

Yeh im hopping to mate, like you for years had the set and forget option of Sandi and Cox, would be nice to go on one more ride with them for old times sake.  :)

Vincent

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 17, 2013, 11:27:43 PM
Quote from: Vincent on January 17, 2013, 11:20:39 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on January 17, 2013, 11:14:52 PM
Most of them will drop because you will need to improve on your average to stay the same, last year there were huge numbers and it will be hard for them to improve on last year

No they don't.
Why not, how do you know that? The game has changed hugely, I believe if you don't have underpriced players you in fact will find it harder, if you're not looking for the best value each week those that do will find a complete team much quicker, I could just keep quite but i'm trying to help those stuck in yerterday land

If they maintain their average from the previous year they will not drop in price. That's all i was sayin'. No need to get defensive!

essendon2

Quote from: timmyparso on January 17, 2013, 11:10:54 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on January 17, 2013, 10:15:22 PM
Quote from: Andrew on January 17, 2013, 09:52:41 PM
Not sure what else the guy has to do to convince the doubters. Hasn't missed a game in the past 3 seasons, and now has dual position eligibility. Glad to see he'll be somewhat unique, once again.
It's not doubt it's price, sure you can put all the high priced prems in banking on good scores every week but, the game has changed, trades every week, high priced premos will fall while under valued will rise

Relying on high priced premos price to fall to get them is a strategy of failure. Firstly they are high priced for a reason, they perform. Secondly, if 1 or 2 do drop in price, by the time that happens teams that started with the premos would have bolted from the pack with you playing catch up. Best chance of a premo price drop is through injury.
+1