Dean Cox w/o Nic Nat?

Started by thetidsy, January 16, 2013, 04:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thetidsy

Recent news, Glass says Nic Nat is a chance for RD1... Anybody else read that on the Eagles twitter account? Not sure what to believe.

mezzoculo

Quote from: Mr.Craig on January 16, 2013, 08:22:10 PM
Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 16, 2013, 07:48:22 PM
Quote from: Mr.Craig on January 16, 2013, 05:21:04 PM
Quote from: tabs on January 16, 2013, 05:14:48 PM
Sinclair needs to be upgraded though, doenst he??

That's right. But with the veteran and LTI rules I think he's a decent chance. Certainly seems the most likely to get a gig out of their rookies.
What about S.Lycett he was a fairly high draft pick from memory, how's he travelling in the sceme of things.

Based purely on the numbers Sinclair was more impressive last year. Seems to have more strings to his bow. :-\

2012 WAFL Averages -

Lycett - 11.4 disposals, 3.7 marks, 1 goal, 8.8 hitouts
Sinclair - 14.5 disposals, 5.1 marks, 1.6 goals, 8.2 hitouts
If you watch this interview, you'll see even Sinclair's not too hopeful of any senior game time. Let's hope that's changed!
http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/video/2012-12-11/meet-the-rookies-callum-sinclair

Mr.Craig

Quote from: mezzoculo on January 16, 2013, 08:33:22 PM
If you watch this interview, you'll see even Sinclair's not too hopeful of any senior game time. Let's hope that's changed!
http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/video/2012-12-11/meet-the-rookies-callum-sinclair

I think it's written into rookie's contracts that they have to say that. ;D But yeah, he has a long way to go.

henry

Not sure why really but just not totally convinced by him at the moment, mainly partially due to his age which I know may not make that much sense. I'm going with Goldy in rucks but if  he impresses me more in preseason and nicnat is confirmed out for a while I may consider finding some more cash.

Ricochet

Quote from: henry on January 16, 2013, 10:25:07 PM
Not sure why really but just not totally convinced by him at the moment, mainly partially due to his age which I know may not make that much sense. I'm going with Goldy in rucks but if  he impresses me more in preseason and nicnat is confirmed out for a while I may consider finding some more cash.
I'm not either mate. There are nearly 6-8 ruckmen that should go 90+ next year and Goldy is the 2nd cheapest, with Leuy being the cheapest.

Adamant

Quote from: Ricochet on January 17, 2013, 12:45:38 PM
Quote from: henry on January 16, 2013, 10:25:07 PM
I'm not either mate. There are nearly 6-8 ruckmen that should go 90+ next year and Goldy is the 2nd cheapest, with Leuy being the cheapest.

Yeah, same here.

Cox is a star, but it's a lot of cash to spend on someone of his age. I don't think I'll be able to find any room for him. :-\

Andrew

Not sure what else the guy has to do to convince the doubters. Hasn't missed a game in the past 3 seasons, and now has dual position eligibility. Glad to see he'll be somewhat unique, once again.

GM

Quote from: Andrew on January 17, 2013, 09:52:41 PM
Not sure what else the guy has to do to convince the doubters. Hasn't missed a game in the past 3 seasons, and now has dual position eligibility. Glad to see he'll be somewhat unique, once again.
+1.Mr Durability.

tbagrocks

It's not doubt it's price, sure you can put all the high priced prems in banking on good scores every week but, the game has changed, trades every week, high priced premos will fall while under valued will rise

timmyparso

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 17, 2013, 10:15:22 PM
It's not doubt it's price, sure you can put all the high priced prems in banking on good scores every week but, the game has changed, trades every week, high priced premos will fall while under valued will rise

Relying on high priced premos price to fall to get them is a strategy of failure. Firstly they are high priced for a reason, they perform. Secondly, if 1 or 2 do drop in price, by the time that happens teams that started with the premos would have bolted from the pack with you playing catch up. Best chance of a premo price drop is through injury.

tbagrocks

Most of them will drop because you will need to improve on your average to stay the same, last year there were huge numbers and it will be hard for them to improve on last year

Vincent

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 17, 2013, 11:14:52 PM
Most of them will drop because you will need to improve on your average to stay the same, last year there were huge numbers and it will be hard for them to improve on last year

No they don't.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Vincent on January 17, 2013, 11:20:39 PM

No they don't.
Why not, how do you know that? The game has changed hugely, I believe if you don't have underpriced players you in fact will find it harder, if you're not looking for the best value each week those that do will find a complete team much quicker, I could just keep quite but i'm trying to help those stuck in yerterday land

timmyparso

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 17, 2013, 11:27:43 PM

No they don't.
Why not, how do you know that? The game has changed hugely, I believe if you don't have underpriced players you in fact will find it harder, if you're not looking for the best value each week those that do will find a complete team much quicker, I could just keep quite but i'm trying to help those stuck in yerterday land

agree that you need underpriced players but you also need the super premos such as swan or ablett or cox, if he's likely to score 140 without nicnat, who is your captain? High priced are your keepers, underpriced may become keepers or make a bit of coin or not be underpriced at all. Its all about risk which ever way you choose.

No need to threaten to be quiet, it's good to see all view points

Grazz

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 17, 2013, 11:27:43 PM

No they don't.

All well and good as various opinions are what makes FF tick along. Cant argue that some prems we start with will no doubt drop in price, the price drops you will see will be around 30k-40k or less majority of the time unless its a bad injury affected game then it could well be abit more than what i suggested. That being said if your chasing overall we pay the premium price knowing full well a price drop could be on the cards at some stage so that we can get out the blocks and be within striking distance of the leaders overall or even better be one of those at the very pointy end. We except this without duress as its part of the game.
Best value mid pricers will always be those coming back from injury who played  limited games in a given season, these are easy to recognise but are not always abundant, next is the midpricer who is about to break out, these for all sorts of reasons are not the easiest to get right in any given year no matter your feelings about them you just dont always get it right. To think we will get the majority of them right is really just wishfull thinking. Yes the rules have changed but i dont see how setting up your starting team has changed all that much if your going for overall. You need to have your  spread of your most expensive prems, your slightly cheaper prems, then cheaper again working your way down through any mid pricers you see value in and then your rookies. Failure to set up properly along this strategy will see you ranked poorly early days with no hope of your personal best rank by years end. There are people here who have played this game for many years and or consistently rank quiet well because they know how to set up. To think oh well the rules have changed so everything has changed is quiet silly and will mark my words lead to dissapointment. I know this, you learn more by listening than telling. Yes you will need to make money in 2013 just as always to improve and yes we have more tools and stratagies in 2013 to do this but setting up incorrectly will still hurt as it always has overall. Yesterday land does not exist in setting up its still very much relevant to your start overall.