Main Menu

Crystal ball - Swans in 2013

Started by SydneyRox, January 16, 2013, 02:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Win for the Crows :P

Actually if you look closely at the 2011 trade period clearly Adleaide new something, recruited three key forwards, it is also reported JJ was recruited as insurance should the spud leave

First round draft picks Lewis Johnston and Ton Lynch with JJ (Jenkins) were brought in ;)

Imo and many others in Adelaide, Jenkins will be as good and is probably a better footballer than spud Tippett

Capper

wasnt LJ part of the spud trade

LJ for Armstrong??

tbagrocks

Quote from: tabs on January 17, 2013, 04:24:09 PM

LJ for Armstrong??
I think it probably was, Lewis could make a handy third tall imo from what I saw watching North Adelaide, he had some games with bog numbers too and kicked about 59 goals, I am actually surprised Lynch and Johnston didn't get more of a go guess such was the rise of JJ

How's Armstrong going ;)

Capper

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 17, 2013, 04:29:03 PM
Quote from: tabs on January 17, 2013, 04:24:09 PM

LJ for Armstrong??
I think it probably was, Lewis could make a handy third tall imo from what I saw watching North Adelaide, he had some games with bog numbers too and kicked about 59 goals, I am actually surprised Lynch and Johnston didn't get more of a go guess such was the rise of JJ

How's Armstrong going ;)
dont know if you heard but he was part of a premiership winning squad last year ;) he played 8 games and was unlucky to miss out on a guernsey for the finals   ;D

CrowsFan

Didn't really know where to put this so thought I would put it here...

The Swans only have 5 players (Bolton, McVeigh, Everitt, Rohan, Jetta) on their list who were originally taken in the top 20 of their national draft year. Makes it even more impressive that they managed to win the flag!

SydneyRox

Should only be 4 - If Everett was worth a top 20 pick the Dogs wouldn't have traded him, and he wouldn't be just a depth player at the swans

CrowsFan

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 31, 2013, 07:09:41 PM
Should only be 4 - If Everett was worth a top 20 pick the Dogs wouldn't have traded him, and he wouldn't be just a depth player at the swans
Yeah but that's not the point, otherwise you could also say should be more since players like Hanners, Jack, Kennedy should all have been taken in the top 20.

It's just interesting that even though they haven't had the top picks they have still managed to put together a very impressive side.

SydneyRox

Yuo, Kinnear Beatson and his team are the AFL's Moneyball men!!