Main Menu

How Freo Fans are viewed??

Started by SydneyRox, January 16, 2013, 01:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SydneyRox

I live in WA, but dont often visit the Perthnow website, had to chuckle when I saw the 'mascot' for Fremantle

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/teams/fremantle

Wouldnt say they were the worst in the comp, probably know more one eyed west coast fans TBH.

valkorum

Actually that isnt the mascot.  Our mascot is Johnny "The Doc" Docker

http://mm.afl.com.au/Portals/0/CDPRaffle_246x316b.jpg

(best pic I could find on short notice)

anchorman

I think we have a weird way of showing our love or loyalty to the club.
I visit the unofficial Dockers web site,sure most know which one I am talking about,it seems that they would sooner we live in the past and have some success but not that much that we don't know how to handle it.
Some hated Connolly,Schwab and Hart,even though they got us out of the red and into the black.
They seem to have a great dislike,almost hate,for the two Steves because they have made some unpopular dicisions.They have broken our brand new tradition.They took away our colours.I couldn't care less as I would still follow them if they wore hession pants and jumpers.
They tried to take away our song.In some way they did.We know have a different version.Not sure it is any different at all,but they see it as being stolen.
They have made a decision to move our training facility to Success(Cockburn Central).Any one would think it was the end of the world.I couldn't care less where we train as long as we keep winning games.If moving there means better facilities and a better chance of winning the flag then I am all for it.But it seems that a lot still want to live in the past.Lets win some games,but hey lets not get ahead of ourselves and win the flag just yet.We aren't that good are we!!!That seems to be the vibe I get from many supporters.
I travel on the train after games and am amazed at the negativity of the supporters on the train.Gee it was good to win ,but we were lucky we gor Geelong,Stk or whoever when they weren't playing well.What the feck does that mean!!!
We certainly have a funny breed of followers.
But hey that's just my way of seeing how we work. 

valkorum

I think you need to change your wording anchorman

Its not "a lot", its "that lot" (inferring those idiots from the unofficial fan site).

anchorman

may be Valk but it is not just those over there I am talking about.There are many who have the same attitude who I know don't post there.
It almost seems the mantra from some is,"we want success,but do we really need it?"Or maybe the other way round.

SydneyRox

Quote from: valkorum on January 16, 2013, 01:41:31 PM
Actually that isnt the mascot.  Our mascot is Johnny "The Doc" Docker

http://mm.afl.com.au/Portals/0/CDPRaffle_246x316b.jpg

(best pic I could find on short notice)

I know, just meant the websites 'mascot' for you guys. The rest are pretty standard from what I can see

valkorum

Quote from: anchorman on January 16, 2013, 02:24:41 PM
may be Valk but it is not just those over there I am talking about.There are many who have the same attitude who I know don't post there.
It almost seems the mantra from some is,"we want success,but do we really need it?"Or maybe the other way round.

Yeh there is a bit of that but I personally couldnt give a stuff about any of the off field changes.  If the changes are made to help the team perform better then I am all for it.

The theme song change was just made a bit quicker (up to speed that players sung the song after the game) and some guitar riffing in the background

I personally like the new colours of mainly purple with the 3 white stripes and reversed for away jumpers.  Much better IMO

anchorman

Yeah I agree with you Valk.The changes don't mean a great deal.Look at the Lions they changed their colours.
I think our heritage is still to come.
We are still a fledgling club and will no doubt have more changes yet to come that a lot wont like.
I loved the original colours,but hey I have grown very attached to the new jumper.
Yeah I laugh when ever I see that on Perthnow Rox. Not really a good look.

Capper

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 16, 2013, 01:04:55 PM
I live in WA, but dont often visit the Perthnow website, had to chuckle when I saw the 'mascot' for Fremantle

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/teams/fremantle

Wouldnt say they were the worst in the comp, probably know more one eyed west coast fans TBH.
insert joke about a one-eyed monster

SydneyRox