Ruck line up

Started by Driride, January 15, 2013, 10:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Driride

With the extra trades now the rucks really don,t have to set and forgot as they used to be . The Burger is a starter, but now do we look for a money maker for the other starter ?

Mr.Craig

Windigo

Berger is money maker if not a keeper, so I'd just go for Goldy, Sandi for the other spot.

Maybe for flavor, H-mac.

essendon2

Quote from: Windigo on January 15, 2013, 10:51:26 PM
Berger is money maker if not a keeper, so I'd just go for Goldy, Sandi for the other spot.

Maybe for flavor, H-mac.
or McEvoy

Driride

I was thinking of 2nd not the main ruck who will play most games around the low 200k who will increase to the 350k mark , and use the saved 200k else where , just a thought

basil3134

Quote from: Driride on January 16, 2013, 12:26:46 AM
I was thinking of 2nd not the main ruck who will play most games around the low 200k who will increase to the 350k mark , and use the saved 200k else where , just a thought

There is no Giles or Zach Smith this year. Stick to Berger as 2nd ruck and gun ruckman for 1st ruckman.
Closest you might get is Vardy.

Mr.Craig

There's probably a few guys that might pick up their average but I don't think it's the right position to be looking at taking risks. Plenty of rookies and value picks on the other lines that should make you good money.

Adamant

McEvoy or Sandi will be my R1, leaning towards McEvoy due to the easier draw. Need to watch NAB first to see if Hickey affects his scores though.

Also, for anyone considering Goldy, have a read of this article: http://www.afldreamers.com/strategy/rids-never-again-list-todd-goldstein/ - I had him locked, but this has turned me off him.

Sweetness

Anyone game to go Leuy as R1 and Pederson as R2?  ::)

If Pederson is safely in Melbourne's best 22 (think he is?) could be good for a 75 avg...
Free up cash elsewhere

T Dog

I saw this lineup as a suggestion....
M. Leuenberger, N. Vardy (S. Rowe, D. Currie)

It meant an extra mid......any thoughts? ???

tbagrocks

Quote from: T Dog on January 19, 2013, 09:41:47 PM

Have pondered this but Vardy would be set to play forward part ruck yeah? Couldn't see him scoring very well

Adamant

That was my experimental teams ruck line-up. :D

I actually don't mind it though - It allowed me to upgrade a mid rook to Fyfe.

A.Sandilands (95-100) + M.Jones (60-65)
vs
N.Vardy (65-70) + N.Fyfe (100-105)

As long as you have a RUC/FWD link on the bench (Sam Rowe), and Coxy up forward for back-up or insurance... you should be fine.

essendon2

Quote from: Adamant on January 19, 2013, 09:48:33 PM

That was my experimental teams ruck line-up. :D

I actually don't mind it though - It allowed me to upgrade a mid rook to Fyfe.

A.Sandilands (95-100) + M.Jones (60-65)
vs
N.Vardy (65-70) + N.Fyfe (100-105)

As long as you have a RUC/FWD link on the bench (Sam Rowe), and Coxy up forward for back-up or insurance... you should be fine.
That would be a great option if say Bock was a RUC... McEvoy would gain you $$$ early, then downgrade to Bock if he began in like Round 3! That'd be the dream

Football Factory

Quote from: Adamant on January 16, 2013, 03:15:42 AM
McEvoy or Sandi will be my R1, leaning towards McEvoy due to the easier draw. Need to watch NAB first to see if Hickey affects his scores though.

Also, for anyone considering Goldy, have a read of this article: http://www.afldreamers.com/strategy/rids-never-again-list-todd-goldstein/ - I had him locked, but this has turned me off him.
Not that article again where that guy who hates him rants on about him being a flowertard  ::)  Im not considering Goldy he's locked in

Tyes

Quote from: Sweetness on January 19, 2013, 09:35:28 PM
Anyone game to go Leuy as R1 and Pederson as R2?  ::)

If Pederson is safely in Melbourne's best 22 (think he is?) could be good for a 75 avg...
Free up cash elsewhere

This is my starting rucks. Pedo could average anywhere north of 75, same with Leuy, they then become good stepping stones to the two best rucks after about 6-8 weeks.