Started by essendon2, January 15, 2013, 05:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

essendon2

Quote from: Ricochet on January 15, 2013, 06:35:25 PM
Perfect. Also heard big wraps on Grundy today
+1
Supposedly consistently beating Jolly in ruck contests

Justin Bieber

I don't think he will get the vest. Jackson Is like 190+ ad a defender.

Windigo

Quote from: whatlez on January 15, 2013, 07:16:10 PM
I don't think he will get the vest. Jackson Is like 190+ ad a defender.

And only 18.  ???

stew42

Quote from: me on January 15, 2013, 05:43:12 PM
seems like there are a heap of great rookie/draftee defenders this year - might just stack the old forward line and grab all these guys in the backlines (stevenson/terlich/docherty/thurlow/goodes/vlastuin/pittard) etc etc
You've named three from the one team, one on a rookie list. THERE ARE NOT A HEAP OF ROOKIE DEFENDERS!!!

tbagrocks

Quote from: stew42 on January 15, 2013, 11:39:32 PM
seems like there are a heap of great rookie/draftee defenders this year - might just stack the old forward line and grab all these guys in the backlines (stevenson/terlich/docherty/thurlow/goodes/vlastuin/pittard) etc etc
You've named three from the one team, one on a rookie list. THERE ARE NOT A HEAP OF ROOKIE DEFENDERS!!!
Three from one team ??? suppose if you add Colquhoun, there are some more on the radar as well as these

stew42

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 15, 2013, 11:49:43 PM
Three from one team ??? suppose if you add Colquhoun, there are some more on the radar as well as these
Yeah, I kinda presumed that he would be in there... but if there are any more on the radar, they surely wouldn't be likely to play more than 8-10 games (and I'm not counting "expensive rookies" like Luke Brown  ;) )

tbagrocks

Yeah it's unfortunate Browny's that price, though he did have 26 disposals 10 marks in Norwoods GF win

Staker plays, Van Unen from Bombers a chance, Bews at Geelong?

Brown is actually only 130k in SC and is the biggest lock since Nessy ;D

Mr.Craig

Quote from: stew42 on January 16, 2013, 12:05:17 AM
Yeah, I kinda presumed that he would be in there... but if there are any more on the radar, they surely wouldn't be likely to play more than 8-10 games (and I'm not counting "expensive rookies" like Luke Brown  ;) )

I'm fairly confident the 1st rounders should all play some games. I won't stick my neck out and predict how many though.

Also we've got Osborne who is a pretty good chance of action along with Clurey and Tanner Smith who would be at longer odds but aren't completely out of the picture. Clisby is a smokie for a mid year elevation. When you add those to the aforementioned players there's hope for decent cover this year. Especially compared to the dire situation in the forwards.

stew42

Quote from: Mr.Craig on January 16, 2013, 12:22:06 AM
Quote from: stew42 on January 16, 2013, 12:05:17 AM

I'm fairly confident the 1st rounders should all play some games. I won't stick my neck out and predict how many though.

Also we've got Osborne who is a pretty good chance of action along with Clurey and Tanner Smith who would be at longer odds but aren't completely out of the picture. Clisby is a smokie for a mid year elevation. When you add those to the aforementioned players there's hope for decent cover this year. Especially compared to the dire situation in the forwards.
Enough to justify starting with two (or even one!) premos?

me

sorry, which are the three from the one team?

and i disagree, from what i can see there are heaps of great cheap def choices out there compared to the fwd line, unless you're rapt with stellar choices like brad cock and cam hitchdick

Mr.Craig

Quote from: stew42 on January 16, 2013, 12:26:44 AM
Enough to justify starting with two (or even one!) premos?

I think you could get away with three, but that depends on your confidence in Staker/Docherty/Pittard etc. holding down those lower positions. Two or one seems like an unacceptable risk at this point.

stew42

Quote from: me on January 16, 2013, 12:34:49 AM

sorry, which are the three from the one team?

and i disagree, from what i can see there are heaps of great cheap def choices out there compared to the fwd line, unless you're rapt with stellar choices like brad cock and cam hitchdick
Sorry, as said above, I thought Colquhoon was in there...

Adamant

The 3 premo backline seems like a good strategy now.

Windigo

If Luke Brown can get into the team at Adelaide he could be a very handy rookie option for a three premium back line.

Becuse simply the points ain't there. Surely your $$$ is better off spent up fwd where we have plenty of of pseudo fwd options that can score big. Then that way we can have 5 premiums in the midfield where all the points are to be had.

59   90   46   63   72   88   55   71   36   55   51   68   36   39

Brown's scores don't instill that much confidence though.  :P

I just saw that Taylor Hine has switched clubs to North. Pretty low key trade, but Hine averaged 147 in the NEAFL. Not sure how many games...Probably one.  ::)

henry

I reckon Hine will  be struggling for games though barring injuries which North seem to have done well in in the last couple of seasons. If Thurlow is named round 1 then it is likely he will be in my team.