Thurlow a massive chance for Round 1

Started by essendon2, January 15, 2013, 05:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

essendon2

"First round pick Jackson Thurlow is a huge chance to play round one for Geelong after a near faultless showing in a simulation match against North Melboune.

Thurlow read the play beautiful and was almost operating at 100% efficiency hitting up targets by foot, and rebounding from defence whilst taking overhead defensive marks."

mezzoculo

Windigo

essendon2

Quote from: Windigo on January 15, 2013, 05:31:58 PM
$116,200 as a defender.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-01-15/geelong-smoky-steps-up

- Only 18 years old...Would prefer Goodes.  :-\
Can WB upgrade Goodes yet, or have to wait for a LTI?

Windigo

I'm in the dark on that one unfortunately.  :P

"Goodesy trained the house down during the first six weeks and is starting to reap the rewards, having already reduced his skin folds.
His fitness has really improved just from doing full time training program with the main group. We are looking forward to what he can do in the next few weeks before potentially getting in some NAB cup games."

All the recent news I could find on Goodes.

me

seems like there are a heap of great rookie/draftee defenders this year - might just stack the old forward line and grab all these guys in the backlines (stevenson/terlich/docherty/thurlow/goodes/vlastuin/pittard) etc etc

Grazz

The more rookies putting themselves in the picture for a rnd 1 or early start to 2013 the better and happier i feel.
Would like to see similar stories regarding Fwd rooks but as always cant have your cake and eat it to in this caper.
At almost 100% efficient Thurlow looks like a great SC option to.

mezzoculo

Quote from: essendon2 on January 15, 2013, 05:34:52 PM
$116,200 as a defender.

If you check the BUlldog's website you'll see that they only have 39 on the senior list!

Grazz

Quote from: mezzoculo on January 15, 2013, 05:51:10 PM
Quote from: essendon2 on January 15, 2013, 05:34:52 PM
$116,200 as a defender.

If you check the BUlldog's website you'll see that they only have 39 on the senior list!

Wasnt aware of that mezz, onya. Surely he'd be in the box seat for getting a gig or am i jumping the gun a bit.

Holz

if thurlow plays round 1 he will be in my squad, this kid can find the ball. I suspect vests though.

essendon2

Quote from: Holzman on January 15, 2013, 05:57:49 PM
if thurlow plays round 1 he will be in my squad, this kid can find the ball. I suspect vests though.
+1
vests galore

mezzoculo

Don't reckon you're jumping the gun at all, Grazz. Considering he's been at the club for years you'd think he's a known quantity with the coaching staff and THE prime candidate for promotion!

Grazz

Quote from: mezzoculo link=topic=70612.msg 962630#msg 962630 date=1358233220
Don't reckon you're jumping the gun at all, Grazz. Considering he's been at the club for years you'd think he's a known quantity with the coaching staff and THE prime candidate for promotion!

Sounds all good, i was aware he was an employee of the club etc but was unsure if somebody else was travelling as well and could threaten his upgrade spot.

The vest with Thurlow would be an issue but id say 50% of our rookies could face this dilemma early days.

tbagrocks

What about a Menzel or Murdoch for a vest candidate

Ricochet

Perfect. Also heard big wraps on Grundy today