Daisy Vs Rocky Vs Broughton

Started by mudgee, January 15, 2013, 04:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I have two forward spots left and three to choose from. Daisy Vs Rocky Vs Broughton

Greg Broughton
18 (1800%)
Dale Thomas
6 (600%)
Tom Rockliff
31 (3100%)

Total Members Voted: 0

mudgee

I originally had Broughton and Rockliff locked in as F3 & F4, but now thinking Daisy could really step it up this year so long as his ankle is 100%.

Broughton - PRO: Could increase his ave quite a bit under a new system at GC. CON: It's Broughton...
Daisy - PRO: Injury in 2012 kept his average down so a little cheaper than what he could be. Luke Ball returning should be good for Daisy. CON: Reinjury concerns
Rockliff: PRO: Has the potential to score BIG week in week out. CON: Might see time up forward meaning smaller scores

I'm sure this will change 50 times before I lock in my team for round 1, but some wisdom would be appreciated!

MC

Broughton and Rocky  -  Only because haven't seen Daisy doing much running in the pre-season, meaning he's likely to be better off picked up as an upgrade down the track.

tbagrocks

Better options than Broughton in the forwards imo, Rocky will score well even if he does go forward, but expect more midfield time anyway, Daisy might struggle early, if he plays

Capper

Rocky for sure out of those 3 as he wil get more mid time and can also play on the half forward line as well

SydneyRox

Daisy is still wearing a moon boot, too busy perving on FF's DP.

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,68117.msg959078.html#msg959078

Will most likely play round 1 but wont be 100%. Reckon he has upgrade written all over him.

mudgee

Nice one guys - sounds like I was on the right track in the first place! :)
TBag - you'll be pleased to know that I have your main man as my F2 (who'll be F1 by season's end!)

tbagrocks

Quote from: mudgee on January 16, 2013, 11:10:26 AM
TBag - you'll be pleased to know that I have your main man as my F2 (who'll be F1 by season's end!)
I know I used this line yesterday buy, he's the biggest Lock since Nessy ;D

Ave 100 with ease and still only learning how to dominate, will be far improved after his ripping pre-season and will not supprise me at all to see him top the forward scoring charts 8)

no eye deer

Dont encourage him!  ::)

nrich102

mudgee

Quote from: no eye deer on January 16, 2013, 01:24:55 PM

Dont encourage him!  ::)

Haha, don't think he needs any encouragement to give out more man-love for Tex!! But the man IS going to be an absolute beast this season (you sure can pick the crows fans in here!)

Ricochet

Has to be Rockliff. Even when Broughts was playing in the mids at Freo he was hitting just under 100. Rockliff has potential to go 115-120+

Jroo

Daisy would have to be the one of the biggests locks for me if 100% fit. If he is looking good by round 1 I would lock him and Rocky up fwd and Broughton down back. If not remove Thomas and put Broughton up fwd.

Adamant

Daisy will be underdone at the start of the season due to his ankle surgery.

LOCKliff and Broughts for me.

doogz

I have both Rockliff and Broughton as well.  Daisy is still in his moonboot and will likely be an upgrade target after the bye. 

Southstorm

The only one I'd take is Rockliff. Broughton has the potential to score better at GCS but he has never been consistent nor a high average scorer when he was a midfielder at Freo. The others have summed up why you shouldn't take Daisy already.