30 trades stretegy?

Started by shorty3264, January 15, 2013, 03:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shorty3264

Now with six extra trades, many people seem to be looking at them as six trades to burn and pick players in relation to an easy draw. When we had 20-24 trades, they were treated like gold, haven't we just been handed extra gold?

I'm interesting in what strategies people plan to employ with this rule change?

SydneyRox

No burning for me, will do my best to have more than the 3-4 I normally have left come finals time.

May feel like I can use an extra one to sideways shift an under performing rookie after round 2

shorty3264

Yeh totally agree, allows you too really get the best rookies before they rise in price.

Ringo

Still think trades are Gold

With the extra 6 trades will probably use 3/4 to adjust rookies to correct cash cows and then hopefully the other 2/3 for finals giving 4/6 for finals.

Strategy at this stage looks like being.

Maximum of 12 trades to Round 10
Maximum of 12 trades to Round 19 (bearing in mind can use 3 in bye rounds if needed)
Leaving Minimum of 6 trades for finals.

Grazz

Ditto trades are Gold, Handle With Care. If i havent got any come finals this year im taking up Knitting. :P

shorty3264

Pretty solid set up, good plan.

hahah, yeh. Gold no doubt.

SydneyRox

Quote from: shorty3264 on January 15, 2013, 05:00:50 PM
Pretty solid set up, good plan.

hahah, yeh. Gold no doubt.

When Ringo and Grazz tell you something it is worth listening to!!

kilbluff1985

not sure at this stage but want to use as little trades before round 8 as possible

30 to be used for the rest of the season or close to would be nice

might do a few rookie trades that's it i hope

T Dog

Quote from: Grazz on January 15, 2013, 04:59:21 PM
Ditto trades are Gold, Handle With Care. If i havent got any come finals this year im taking up Knitting. :P

Footy  scarf of baby booties?... ;D

Grazz

Quote from: kilbluff1985 link=topic=70607.msg 962713#msg 962713 date=1358236511
not sure at this stage but want to use as little trades before round 8 as possible

30 to be used for the rest of the season or close to would be nice

might do a few rookie trades that's it i hope

Generally the first half of the season gives us more options with buying new rookies and moving older ones on that we've been sitting on. With no GC or GWS we are back to the old days where you really need to go harder with your upgrades early and settle in the second half and let patience be your virtue in order to fill up with Prems. Make hay while the Sun shines is the best advice i can give tbh and i'll follow that to the letter this year. Players being slightly more expensive this year will eat into your extra trades a bit so to much sideways stuff could still bring you some grief regarding trades and enough to fill up and carry some into finals for the dreaded General and injuries etc.

Quote from: T Dog on January 15, 2013, 07:20:36 PM

Think i'll go the scarf early TDog, would be easier but you watch i'll bloody run out of wool. :P

upthemaidens

If going for overall score you still have to have your team completed as quickly as possible, which basically means trading hard and early.  Im happy to burn 20 trades by round 12 , if it means i'm still in the running to win the lot.
    Once I feel that overall is out of reach, then i'll think about leagues and saving trades for finals and what not.

tbagrocks

It allows a couple of luxury trades, can also afford to take some risks

T Dog

Quote from: Grazz on January 15, 2013, 07:33:13 PM

Think i'll go the scarf early TDog, would be easier but you watch i'll bloody run out of wool. :P

Can you do me a " Go Pies..Go Hard " scarf please

Grazz

Quote from: T Dog on January 15, 2013, 10:07:19 PM
Quote from: Grazz on January 15, 2013, 07:33:13 PM

Can you do me a " Go Pies..Go Hard " scarf please

No problem.  ;D

SydneyRox

Would be a shame if your were new at knitting and it said "Go Pies, Go Home" ??  ;D