Planning to Upgrade to Swan after Round 3???

Started by timmyparso, January 14, 2013, 01:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owenbond007

Quote from: Ricochet on January 14, 2013, 01:26:49 PM
Exactly mate, those who look to after RD3 will be missing out on too many points and fall behind

LOL! This amuses me. Everybody thinks he is a must have player but thats not the case at all. There is more than one way to skin a cat.

Ricochet

Quote from: owenbond007 on January 14, 2013, 08:13:34 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on January 14, 2013, 01:26:49 PM
Exactly mate, those who look to after RD3 will be missing out on too many points and fall behind

LOL! This amuses me. Everybody thinks he is a must have player but thats not the case at all. There is more than one way to skin a cat.
yes there is but you wouldnt want to miss out on a couple of 160+ scores tho

Hagebear

Quote from: Ricochet on January 14, 2013, 08:07:44 PM
really dont wanna miss out on those 140+ scores

Or Swanny's 160+ scores ;) I think all this says is u should start with BOTH!!!!

Windigo

Starting both, the only stat that matters to me is that their overall average last year is better than any other players.

tbagrocks

Yes but why can't a Murphy, Redden, Jelwood, Dangerman score those 150's early, and how do we know Dane will score those buffalo scores for sure?

owenbond007

I didnt have swan once last year. And Still ranked well up there. Was up in the top 100 before bye rounds but was struck down like many others with multiple injuries and suspensions at once.

I want swan in my team but at that starting price you only need one bad game or misfortune to happen and he' ll drop considerably.

I wont be starting swan or GAJ but they will both be one of the first upgrades in when the price is right ;)

Hagebear

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 14, 2013, 08:22:30 PM
Yes but why can't a Murphy, Redden, Jelwood, Dangerman score those 150's early, and how do we know Dane will score those buffalo scores for sure?

I guess we don't know that, but for my M1 and M2 I'd like to stick with the 'proven' DT elite. If I had to put my house on Swan to score a 150 in the first 3 games or Murphy, Redden, Jelwood or Danger I think Swanny would get my vote. But that's the fun of fantasy footy! Who knows what will happen?

timmyparso

Why can't Zac Dawson score 150? All speculation trying to predict future scores, swan and ablet have proven ability. (Zac Dawson will take 8 weeks to score 150, bold prediction, I know)

owenbond007

Quote from: timmyparso on January 14, 2013, 11:48:02 PM

Why can't Zac Dawson score 150? All speculation trying to predict future scores, swan and ablet have proven ability. (Zac Dawson will take 8 weeks to score 150, bold prediction, I know)

Lame.

If you think nobody else is worthy of the big C you go only one of swan or GAJ, not both from the start 1.3mil is a massive chunk of coin to be spending of the initial salary cap. Its fair to say at some stage in the season they will be considerably cheaper than there starting price.

Ricochet

Quote from: owenbond007 on January 14, 2013, 11:58:59 PM
Quote from: timmyparso on January 14, 2013, 11:48:02 PM

Lame.

If you think nobody else is worthy of the big C you go only one of swan or GAJ, not both from the start 1.3mil is a massive chunk of coin to be spending of the initial salary cap. Its fair to say at some stage in the season they will be considerably cheaper than there starting price.
Thats what everyone said last year... the most both GAJ and Swan dropped was only 30k from their starting price.

Bones Bombers

Don't think some coaches want to hear it Ric.
The thing is, when I look at teams that don't have Swan or Gaz, they don't look any stronger than mine as an overall team.
I have 14 premiums according to fanplanner, 15 if you count Luey.
The 2 highest priced backs, mids and forwards and still got a balanced side.
If something really stands out in nab cup I have plenty of room to move.
Will be great to see these teams lining up when the real thing starts. Lots of variety.

Andrew

Quote from: Ricochet on January 14, 2013, 08:06:31 PM
Quote from: Hagebear on January 14, 2013, 07:42:19 PM
Just a but of food for thought boys.

Round 1-3 averages. Swan v Ablett

Dane Swan $688,100

North Melbourne - 101.3
Carlton - 109
Hawthorn - 106.7
Predicted 3 round average of 105.6

Gary Ablett Jnr $642,500
St Kilda - 85.3
Sydney - 104.8
Brisbane - 104
Predicted 3 round average of 98

So with Swan starting in 3 midfield shoot outs, and Ablett starting with games v Clint Jones and Raines is Swanny a better starting option??

Round 1-3 averagesLast Years Scores. Swan v Ablett

Dane Swan $688,100

North Melbourne - Nil (but 2011 were 148 and 162)
Carlton - 105 and 109
Hawthorn - 102 and 165

Gary Ablett Jnr $642,500

St Kilda - 61 and 143
Sydney - 152
Brisbane - 143 and 97

Wow great stats, particularly on Ablett. I thought he might struggle against the Brisbane tag and Sydney, but those scores show otherwise and I think he got injured against Brisbane for the 97? I was initially considering only starting with Swan, but looking at this it has to be both...

owenbond007

Quote from: Bones Bombers on January 15, 2013, 12:26:52 AM
Don't think some coaches want to hear it Ric.
The thing is, when I look at teams that don't have Swan or Gaz, they don't look any stronger than mine as an overall team.
I have 14 premiums according to fanplanner, 15 if you count Luey.
The 2 highest priced backs, mids and forwards and still got a balanced side.
If something really stands out in nab cup I have plenty of room to move.
Will be great to see these teams lining up when the real thing starts. Lots of variety.

Like i said no swan at all ended up 407th. As i said there is more than one way to skin a cat. And not starting Swan or Gaz doesn't mean the team with both or one is going to outscore the team without. Last year Swans price was only greater than his starting value for 7 weeks, several of them only just, his high was 20k more his low was 35.1k less and he had all time high in terms of average increasing it by 12.6.  If I was confident he was going to raise his average into a 140 range id jump on him in a heart beat. But this a numbers game and chance game and it is more than probably that he will fail to reach these heights.

Ablett was undervalued last year and was a steal at his starting price. I think he may be able to raise his yearly average, but I am confident he will drop before he peaks. At his Starting value with Saints Swans lions I am confident in saying there is a very high chance he wont score 375 points, with freo not long there after there is further chance of a decline.

I'm not saying they're are not awesome and the best 2 ever cause they're. I'm looking for value for points and I believe there is better value for buck elsewhere. If they go bang bang bang bang, ill suck it up and pay the same price as you did at some stage in the season. If they have a few off weeks or misfortunes I go cha cha ching more coin in my pocket, teams better developed in less time you little ripper.

Ziplock

mmm, fair enough  point, if we didnt have the captain value, but fact is, without swan/ ablett, the next highest averaging player is what, 115? you're losing 10 ppg from captaincy by not having ablett and nearly 20 by not having swan.

Grazz

Quote from: Ziplock on January 15, 2013, 02:12:57 AM
mmm, fair enough  point, if we didnt have the captain value, but fact is, without swan/ ablett, the next highest averaging player is what, 115? you're losing 10 ppg from captaincy by not having ablett and nearly 20 by not having swan.

To save 40k.