Planning to Upgrade to Swan after Round 3???

Started by timmyparso, January 14, 2013, 01:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

That's a big plus for Me Grazz, so many more players now in it! People will have Fyfe, Mundy, Shoey these guys because the risk is small, most of us will need the same rookies but the overall squad for a lot of the season should be different. Creating more excitement imo, in league matches there should be more uniques for most matchups for most games at least till late in the year ;D

I'll love it when watching my boys Dangerman and the Great Man fire knowing i'm getting an advantage ;D

S_Coach99

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 14, 2013, 03:17:59 PM
I'll love it when watching my boys Dangerman and the Great Man fire knowing i'm getting an advantage ;D

Yeah it'll be awesome watching Swan averaging more than Dangerman and you're getting an advantage !B

:-\

tbagrocks

Just wait and see! Now you're judging a 22 year old who has played only one season in the midfield, everyone will be on the Swan train at some point, i'll back Danger as a unique against the other people's uniques 8)

Grazz

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 14, 2013, 03:17:59 PM
That's a big plus for Me Grazz, so many more players now in it! People will have Fyfe, Mundy, Shoey these guys because the risk is small, most of us will need the same rookies but the overall squad for a lot of the season should be different. Creating more excitement imo, in league matches there should be more uniques for most matchups for most games at least till late in the year ;D

True. I still say Swan Gaz and as Adamant added him i will to, Pendles, will outscore any other 3 prems you pick 8 out of 10 weeks if not more. Will all be in the top 5 probably. You still need points to win this. I pay a premium to have them from the start (Not Pendles so much, hes a bargain) but im upgrading easier than you as i have less money to find so im upgrading quicker than you also while having a points advantage on you also. I dont see the money you'll save by not starting Swan getting you anything that special that will see me fall to far behind your score if at all. Your not always going to able to sideways trade everyweek some weeks your going to need to swap rookies on the bubble to a one just starting or upgrading. Sideways early in the year is ok but you cant run out of time to get a full list of Prems, time is an issue now not trades. Alot of your sideways trades wont pay off i hope youve thought about that. Just my feel on the subject anyway. Each to their own.  :)

timmyparso

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 14, 2013, 03:31:56 PM
Just wait and see! Now you're judging a 22 year old who has played only one season in the midfield, everyone will be on the Swan train at some point, i'll back Danger as a unique against the other people's uniques 8)

Am seriously considering Danger at the moment at M4, between him, Murphy or ............ Stanton (if I'm brave!!!)

tbagrocks

Quote from: timmyparso on January 14, 2013, 03:37:13 PM

Am seriously considering Danger at the moment at M4, between him, Murphy or ............ Stanton (if I'm brave!!!)
Don't know where i'd find the figures but regularly he was close to 20 possessions at half time, will continue working on his engine and his last 8 games pre finals says it all!

Grazz

Im not judging Danger at all, if you can squeeze him in with Swan Gaz Pendles Cotchin and Possibly Mundy or Embley not sure which way i'll go at the minute then do it, im sure he'll go ok i hope so im a Crows supporter but i cant fit him in yet and would prefer to wait and see what his 2nd year brings. If he's top 8 in the mids i'll get him.  :)

me

personally, i've locked in swan and thrown away the key, cannot take my team seriously when he's not in it

SydneyRox

Quote from: me on January 14, 2013, 03:49:03 PM
personally, i've locked in swan and thrown away the key, cannot take my team seriously when he's not in it

+1 - the Swablett is in baby!!

fertalong

I'm doing the opposite because of the new trade system. Going to start with Swan and see how he does in the first 3 rounds, and if he will drop a lot in price and someone like Murphy does well, i'd trade Swan to Murphy and bank the extra points from rounds 1-3 while still getting the price gain for Murphy after R3.

Hagebear

Just a but of food for thought boys.

Round 1-3 averages. Swan v Ablett

Dane Swan $688,100

North Melbourne - 101.3
Carlton - 109
Hawthorn - 106.7
Predicted 3 round average of 105.6

Gary Ablett Jnr $642,500
St Kilda - 85.3
Sydney - 104.8
Brisbane - 104
Predicted 3 round average of 98

So with Swan starting in 3 midfield shoot outs, and Ablett starting with games v Clint Jones and Raines is Swanny a better starting option??

Grazz

Quote from: Hagebear on January 14, 2013, 07:42:19 PM

Dane Swan $688,100

North Melbourne - 101.3
Carlton - 109
Hawthorn - 106.7

Gary Ablett Jnr $642,500
St Kilda - 85.3
Sydney - 104.8
Brisbane - 104

So with Swan starting in 3 midfield shoot outs, and Ablett starting with games v Clint Jones and Raines is Swanny a better starting option??

Yeh saw this in DT Talk. Interesting but im not to fussed, will still start both.

tbagrocks

Can't fault what GAJ does at the start of evey year, was it three straight 40+ possession games to start 2012 ;)

Don't really want to say it as it gives me an advantage but, those paying to much attention to draws and past scores will fail :-X

Ricochet

Quote from: Hagebear on January 14, 2013, 07:42:19 PM

Dane Swan $688,100

North Melbourne - 101.3
Carlton - 109
Hawthorn - 106.7

Gary Ablett Jnr $642,500
St Kilda - 85.3
Sydney - 104.8
Brisbane - 104

Round 1-3 averagesLast Years Scores. Swan v Ablett

Dane Swan $688,100

North Melbourne - Nil (but 2011 were 148 and 162)
Carlton - 105 and 109
Hawthorn - 102 and 165

Gary Ablett Jnr $642,500

St Kilda - 61 and 143
Sydney - 152
Brisbane - 143 and 97

Ricochet

really dont wanna miss out on those 140+ scores