Planning to Upgrade to Swan after Round 3???

Started by timmyparso, January 14, 2013, 01:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmyparso

Think again, He will start as he finished 2012, ON FIRE!!!!!!!!! (ave 150 in last 5 rounds!!!!)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-01-14/swan-on-song

There is no debate about him eating meat pies in the off-season this year, he is a machine this pre-season and worth every $ of his price tag, may become first DT player to crack $700K!!

So if you plan to upgrade to him latter they you'd better have a shower load of cash because his price isn't coming down anytime early in the season.

Grazz

tbagrocks

I'm looking at this, traditionally Swan can start slower than his massive numbers while Gaz starts like a steam train, have to start GAJ for me, won't be starting Swan no matter how fit he is, 133 ave is just far to much to ask

Grazz

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 14, 2013, 01:17:54 PM
I'm looking at this, traditionally Swan can start slower than his massive numbers while Gaz starts like a steam train, have to start GAJ for me, won't be starting Swan no matter how fit he is, 133 ave is just far to much to ask

So when will you get him mate.

timmyparso

Averaged 126 for first 5 games last year when he was supposed to be over weight and eating pies all summer..... 133 is not that far off for someone who is reported to be the fittest they've been for 11 years. At the moment I can't leave Swan or Gaz out of my team.

Ricochet

Quote from: timmyparso on January 14, 2013, 01:23:41 PM

Averaged 126 for first 5 games last year when he was supposed to be over weight and eating pies all summer..... 133 is not that far off for someone who is reported to be the fittest they've been for 11 years. At the moment I can't leave Swan or Gaz out of my team.
Exactly mate, those who look to after RD3 will be missing out on too many points and fall behind

Grazz

Quote from: Ricochet on January 14, 2013, 01:26:49 PM
Quote from: timmyparso on January 14, 2013, 01:23:41 PM

Exactly mate, those who look to after RD3 will be missing out on too many points and fall behind

Not only that but even if he drops it wont be a huge amount so you'll still need alot of cash to get him.

tbagrocks

I don't trust that he'll play heaps of midfield time, there will be ways to get him, i'm working on a plan possibly to swap ball or someone, plenty of cash to make, starting a 680k player makes no sence to me especially if I don't trust the role he may or may not play, but judging by how Bucks used him at times, the emergance of Side/Dane and the return of Ball worry me

There are ways to do things and I am certain he will drop price early, this year will be about quick fire cash, why start behind the 8-ball ???

Grazz

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 14, 2013, 01:36:53 PM
I don't trust that he'll play heaps of midfield time, there will be ways to get him, i'm working on a plan possibly to swap ball or someone, plenty of cash to make, starting a 680k player makes no sence to me especially if I don't trust the role he may or may not play, but judging by how Bucks used him at times, the emergance of Side/Dane and the return of Ball worry me

There are ways to do things and I am certain he will drop price early, this year will be about quick fire cash, why start behind the 8-ball ???

Worry all you like, he'll still score well, role wont change bugger all and scored brilliantly with Ball in the team for 2 years before Ball's knee injury so i dont see this changing to much. If his price drops it will be stuff all and you'll still need time and money to get him. Just trying to help mate but if your closed to the idea then thats your choice. Ive heard your story many times over many years by many coaches regarding Swans starting price and guess what it blows up in peoples faces every year. Just saying.

GM

Quote from: Grazz on January 14, 2013, 02:14:10 PM

Worry all you like, he'll still score well, role wont change bugger all and scored brilliantly with Ball in the team for 2 years before Ball's knee injury so i dont see this changing to much. If his price drops it will be stuff all and you'll still need time and money to get him. Just trying to help mate but if your closed to the idea then thats your choice. Ive heard your story many times over many years by many coaches regarding Swans starting price and guess what it blows up in peoples faces every year. Just saying.
+1.But let the talk spread,he could be unique :)

Grazz

Bones Bombers

I can't see Ball's price getting any higher than $480k, which is an average in the 90's, and I don't know how long it will take him to get there. So you will still need $150-$200k from a rookie to get near Swan. Maybe mid season. Could be too late.
Happy to see different teams though!

tbagrocks

Sure I might miss some big points, the money I save will get me points elsewhere ;)

The game has changed, i'll be looking at a few things like even dare I say it, Stanton :o

upgrades/downgrades week in week out, swap GAJ to Swan if Gaz is going to fall :-X

Many possibilities now, come round one even without the know of who might/might now play i'll have a plan with backup

Could start Thommo at a cheaper price, Thommo guns it early could easily match Swan's score, especially as I see Sloane and Danger getting the tag now, Thommo could start doing Boyd like things even at his age, just say'n there's more than one way to scin a cat

Grazz

True we are all different so why wouldnt our teams be, boring when they are.. New rules new strategies. Still feel starting Swan and Gaz is relevant though could be wrong. In our Money League towards the end 5 out of the top 8 teams were very similar with only a few points of difference which is boring except for the fact its finals.

Adamant

This just confirms why I haven't dropped Swanny from my team all pre-season. Swan, Ablett and Pendles all absolute locks for me.