Main Menu

Alex Woodward

Started by Ricochet, January 14, 2013, 12:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

from the Facebook page AFL Off Season Information. Trades, Delistings, Retirements
https://www.facebook.com/AFLSeasonInfo

QuoteHawthorn's Alex Woodward has left the training track in severe distress holding his knee. Woodward ruptured his ACL in the NAB Cup last year.

CrowsFan

Not good. Has so much potential too :(

JBs-Hawks

Nige

As I've stated before, we're both from the same school and whenever I saw him play I was simply in awe of how good he was, really hope it's nothing too serious so that he can get out on the park this year, he's sure to be a gun.

Jroo

Hope it's not too serious for Woodward.
Unlucky for the kid

Scrads

Please no please no please no :(

FisherSaints

Update

QuoteHorrible news coming through for Hawthorn hard nut on baller Alex Woodward that he is set to undergo his second knee reconstruction in as many years after leaving the training track today.

Onlookers described the knee as "distressing" to see, and the "yelp, and cry for help" was sickening as Woodward grabbed his knee after it buckled in a training simulation.

The pick 53 from the 2011 draft has had scans and the extent of the damaged will be announced later this afternoon by Hawthorn FC.

Mr.Craig

Flower me. Kilkenny, Lake and now this. :(

henry

Not good, reminds me of Morabito. I really hope he makes a full recovery, he really has a lot of talent.  :(

FisherSaints

QuoteScans have confirmed midfielder Alex Woodward has torn the graft on the repaired anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee.

Hawka

Will be his 3rd knee reco :(
poor kid so much potential

CrowsFan

I thought it was his second? Or did he have one in his junior days?

Hawka

Quote from: CrowsFan on January 14, 2013, 09:09:30 PM
Yeh when he was 16 :(

CrowsFan

Ah bugger. Same knee or the other one?

Nige

Quote from: Hawka on January 14, 2013, 09:15:43 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on January 14, 2013, 09:09:30 PM
Yeh when he was 16 :(
I think I remember this happening during a inter-school sport game. Could be wrong...