Refreshed Fremantle ruckman Aaron Sandilands eyes long career

Started by valkorum, January 14, 2013, 12:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

Grazz

He's looking more and more a viable number 1 ruck option with unlimited trades in DT which alleviates any stress of injury worries.
Ive got Maric in the 1 spot at the minute and could save a few bucks by starting Sandi. Fit he could easily be in the top 2 rucks early or hopefully for the year. You Freo folk would love 20+ games out of him this year im sure, so would i.  :)

valkorum

From a Freo perspective we actually have great cover for Sandi in Griff if Sandi was to go down.  Look at the stats from the second derby and a ruck combo of Griff/Keplar beat the combo of Cox/NicNat

Grazz

Quote from: valkorum on January 14, 2013, 01:13:22 PM
From a Freo perspective we actually have great cover for Sandi in Griff if Sandi was to go down.  Look at the stats from the second derby and a ruck combo of Griff/Keplar beat the combo of Cox/NicNat

Yeh have seen this comment before valk somewhere. Still a fit Sandi in Fantasy terms is attractive. Football Fantasy terms i mean, just read that back and sounded a bit dodgey haha. :P

valkorum

Its ok - most people fantasize that Sandi is attractive  ;D

I am a little cautious TBH - Normally Sandi is a lock and load for me but all pre-season he has been training a lot in the forward line.  Not sure if I am reading too much in to this but in the past Sandi doesn't score a lot of DT points from the forward line. 

Grazz

Quote from: valkorum on January 14, 2013, 01:50:27 PM
Its ok - most people fantasize that Sandi is attractive  ;D

I am a little cautious TBH - Normally Sandi is a lock and load for me but all pre-season he has been training a lot in the forward line.  Not sure if I am reading too much in to this but in the past Sandi doesn't score a lot of DT points from the forward line.

Haha i wasnt honestly.  ::) ::)

Yes i read a training thread i think where you alluded to this, has me a little concerened to hence Maric is still number 1 but NAB could see me jumping on Sandi if his role remains the same as seasons past, #1 Ruck at Freo.

valkorum

Afro Man and Griff are both competent ruckman who can easily step up and take on the #1 ruck duties.  They appear to be continuing the development of Clarke's up forward and Griff apeears to be training his tank.

Grazz

Quote from: valkorum on January 14, 2013, 02:00:29 PM
Afro Man and Griff are both competent ruckman who can easily step up and take on the #1 ruck duties.  They appear to be continuing the development of Clarke's up forward and Griff apeears to be training his tank.

Certainly have some depth there valk which is always handy for life after Sandi.

valkorum

Then we still have Taberner and Moller on the rookie list

Grazz

Quote from: valkorum on January 14, 2013, 02:09:58 PM

Ok stop it, your just being a show off now.  :P

GM

Quote from: Grazz on January 14, 2013, 02:15:56 PM

But who replaces the Pav?

Grazz

Quote from: greenmoon link=topic=70576.msg 961621#msg 961621 date=1358133663
Quote from: Grazz link=topic=70576.msg 961616#msg 961616 date=1358133356

Hard to replace a guy like Pav, but they've recruited ok with Pav's age in mind. Only time will tell i guess how you replace him and who with. Been a great player.

GM

Quote from: Grazz on January 14, 2013, 02:24:53 PM
Quote from: greenmoon link=topic=70576.msg 961621#msg 961621 date=1358133663
Quote from: Grazz link=topic=70576.msg 961616#msg 961616 date=1358133356

Hard to replace a guy like Pav, but they've recruited ok with Pav's age in mind. Only time will tell i guess how you replace him and who with. Been a great player.
Should have worn your tri-colours Grazz! :(

Grazz

valkorum

Quote from: greenmoon on January 14, 2013, 02:21:03 PM
Quote from: Grazz on January 14, 2013, 02:15:56 PM

just realised I said the wrong person (for Rucks)

Hannath is the rookie ruckman, along with Moller

From a tall forward point of view we have prospects in Taberner and Howson.  There is also Tanner Smith who played both forward and back but McPharlin talked him up as a defender in his media conferance last week.