Can somebody tell me about luke shuey?

Started by starz, January 13, 2013, 10:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starz

I'm looking at his numbers and they look decent for a 5th year breakout. However I'm not sure if he has it in him to go 115+. Is he more of a Nathan foley running type or a Trent cotchin that gets his own ball and also spreads. If he can win his own ball? Or is he an outside receiver that can be shut down(eg. Kade Simpson) anyone that you would compare him to. I've seen a bit of him but not as much as id say others out there would have.cheers.

HevvieEvvie

If you can live with a player in you're team who ducks into tackles and punches other players in the clackers? he's your man  ;)

kilbluff1985

Quote from: HevvieEvvie on January 14, 2013, 12:09:01 AM
If you can live with a player in you're team who ducks into tackles and punches other players in the clackers? he's your man  ;)

your describing every player in the AFL ::)

HevvieEvvie

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 14, 2013, 12:10:55 AM
your describing every player in the AFL ::)

Haha... not quite. Just the King  :)

Adamant

He is a decent POD, but I don't like his inconsistency.

doogz

Lukey shuey is going to explode this year.  Team's premiership window is open and for them to success they need shuey, selwood and gaff to absolutely fire.

My tip is he will be top 5 mids be end of year and a true premium.

Adamant

Quote from: doogz on January 16, 2013, 09:17:59 AM
Lukey shuey is going to explode this year.  Team's premiership window is open and for them to success they need shuey, selwood and gaff to absolutely fire.

My tip is he will be top 5 mids be end of year and a true premium.

That's a massive call doogz. You really think he will finish top 5 when he has to contend with Swan, GAJ, Pendles, Beams, Watson, Cotchin, JPK, Jelwood, etc?

doogz

I was probably exaggerating a little.  But for WC to win, they need their midfield to step up another notch. It is their weakest link IMO (very different to 2005/6 era).

I still think he can push half those players you mentioned, but the other half I cant see him beating :).

tbagrocks

What's wrong with Priddis, Rosa and Scooter? ???

Hawks_1976

I'm with Dogz and on the bandwagon.
With LeCras, Nicoski and Kennedy back in full swing plus improvement to come from their youngsters such as  Shuey, Gaff, Darling etc, West Coast are a top 2 prospect. Plus they added Wellingham for Lynch.
Therefore you need to select a West Coast mid in your team in my opinion.
Also great for bye rounds.

For me that selection is Shuey. Gets the contested stuff, clean skills, tackles hard, goes forward and kicks goals.
I'd anticipate an average around 110.

Locked.

quinny88

Shuey is a guy im strongly considering.
Will probably only start either him or Mundy though  so not sure

kilbluff1985

Quote from: quinny88 on January 19, 2013, 05:32:44 PM
Shuey is a guy im strongly considering.
Will probably only start either him or Mundy though  so not sure

yeah i'd like to start Shuey but he fighting with Mundy, Fyfe, Greene & Ebert maybe even Judd

starz

yeh quinny im the same, know whether to start mundy or shuey or maybe drop swan pocket the cash and start both. but with all this talk about swan being in awesome shape i might not be able to not start swan. just never rreally considered him a sc scorer more of a dt player.