Sideways trading for round 13 bye

Started by Football Factory, January 12, 2013, 11:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Football Factory

Im a sucker for the round 13 bye players and i dont want to limit myself too much as to who i pick.. so im going to have a few more round 13 bye players than i would have before the new trading rules came in.

With a strong round 13 bye player team i will score well in round 11 and 12 .. but to make a team that scores well in round 13 i was thinking in round 12 i sideways trade 2 round 13 premo's for round 11 bye premo's and round 12 i sideways trade another 2 round 13 premo bye players for round 11,12 premo's leaving me with a strong lineup in round 13 aswell. I would be trading my lowest scoring premo round 13 bye players so i dont have to sideways many to get the team back that i want.

This will cost 4 trades and depending on what rookies are available at the time this might be a good way to score well in all 3 bye rounds with your highest scoring 18 players going to your total for the bye rounds.

Thoughts ..

jabroni

well you have 2 trades so might as well use it

only injuries will be able to derail this plan

Football Factory

Quote from: jabroni on January 12, 2013, 11:51:40 PM
well you have 2 trades so might as well use it

only injuries will be able to derail this plan
Yeah funny you should mention that because i got 2 injuries at the worst time last year and it affected my bye plan, i still finished 211th but it could have been better  oh well shower happens

Mr.Craig

I think that would of been the plan anyway! :D But now we have more opportunity trade back to the Round 13 premos without feeling guilty about burning trades. I actually only have 9 Round 13 players in my team atm but 8 of them are premos so I'll certainly need to do some trading to lessen the pain.

Football Factory

Quote from: Mr.Craig on January 12, 2013, 11:59:18 PM
I think that would of been the plan anyway! :D But now we have more opportunity trade back to the Round 13 premos without feeling guilty about burning trades. I actually only have 9 Round 13 players in my team atm but 8 of them are premos so I'll certainly need to do some trading to lessen the pain.
Yeah i still would have gone extra round 13 premo's but i dont think i would have been sideways trading much .. just would have scored a little less in round 13

The_Captain

Could you also do it for 3 bye rounds ? To use 6 trades all up? Like before 11 trade two round 11 premos to round 12 premos.. etc etc for both round 12 and round 13.

Football Factory

Quote from: noto07 on January 13, 2013, 02:21:55 AM
Could you also do it for 3 bye rounds ? To use 6 trades all up? Like before 11 trade two round 11 premos to round 12 premos.. etc etc for both round 12 and round 13.
I havent thought too much into it but i think using the extra 13 premo's is the way to go. If you trade 11 into 12 or 13 to score more in 11 your just going to have to trade them again when the 12,13 byes come along depending on your line-up. Having more of the last bye round players makes sense because once the first bye round is gone you can start putting players in from that round with no bye risk anymore. Thankfully most of the best players are 11 and 13 which helps cos you dont necesarrily have to put in any 12 players if you dont want to when sideways trading in the bye rounds.

mezzoculo

Good call, FF.
I reckon that the two trade rule change was partially implemented by VS to help minimise carnage over the MBRs.
After overplanning for the MBRs in 2012 and getting destroyed by injuries/suspensions/Ross Lyon, I've decided to start with the best available premiums and sideways trade when/if I have a 'spare' trade or two.

essendon2

Quote from: mezzoculo on January 13, 2013, 03:57:48 PM
Good call, FF.
I reckon that the two trade rule change was partially implemented by VS to help minimise carnage over the MBRs.
After overplanning for the MBRs in 2012 and getting destroyed by injuries/suspensions/Ross Lyon, I've decided to start with the best available premiums and sideways trade when/if I have a 'spare' trade or two.
+1